facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 17, 2002, 02:19 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Is Masrafee playing for Khulna in National League

With all the excitement with the ongoing test match, I noticed in the Daily Star of the scoreboards of the ongoing national League.

I noticed for Khulna a bowler named Mashrafi took 2 for 32.

Can anyone tell me if this is the same great Mashrafee (Masri) who we are waiting for to come back from injury.

If so, at least he is playing again as World Cup is not far ahead
Old December 17, 2002, 03:03 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Looks like it....

You beat me to it.
(is godsmiling back at us ? Mone porse amader kotha eto din por?)

SCORES IN BRIEF

SYLHET: 175 all out in 56 overs (Mohammad Rana 74, Rajin Saleh 25, Golam Moula 19, Imran Rahim 19; Arafat Sunny 5-50, Fahim Muntasir 3-44)

DHAKA: 69 for six in 33 overs (Sajjad Ahmed 32 not out, Khaled Mahmud 10, Fahim Muntasir 2 not out; Rezaul Haq 3-22)

BARISAL: 125 all out in 65.4 overs (Sadik Hassan 35, Towhid 30, Imran 12, Ali Arman 10, Anisur 10; Ashan-ullah Hasan 4-21, Owseluddin 2-13, Sabbir Khan 2-39)

CHITTAGONG: 105 without loss in 28 overs (Nafis Iqbal 69 not out, Nazimuddin 34 not out)

RAJSHAHI: 194 all out in 60.5 overs (Mushfiqur Rahman 55, Zahirul Islam 22, Nuruzzaman 19, Shamimul 18, Imran Parvez 14, Bhola 10; Hassanuzzaman 2-17, Mashrafi 2-37 and Razzak 2-46)

KHULNA: 59 for 3 in 20 overs (Raju Parvez 23 not out, Tushar Imran 17 not out, Jabir 2-24)
Old December 17, 2002, 03:28 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Yes its Mashrafe. Prothom Alo has a full feature today on his return.
Old December 17, 2002, 10:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Default dhaka

great news on masri

what;s up with dhaka making 69/6?? these are the best and the brightest?
Old December 19, 2002, 05:33 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default This is a repost. NEWS on MASRI

I am so excited to see Masri in action. He took 4 wickets in two innings. he is not bowling at his old pace and the bowling action also had to be changed in order to make sure that he does not put more strain on himself.

From what I can make out from the prothom-alo report:
Hasannuzaman Jhoru (he has the potential to replace the likes of Sanwar later on) is the Khulna captain, he said that Masri isn't bowling too fast but his control and swing is troubling the batsmen.

Masri himself is excited. he is bowling under close supervision of the trainers/physios. Gloster made sure that masri bowls only 4 overs in the first spell and NO MORE then 10 per day.

Masri is having to bowl with a side-arm action (can anyone explain what that means? bringing the ball from your side?) instead of his usual Open-chest action. He is having to train with the new action. MRF (India) coach T A Shekher isalso working with him. He took some PIX of Masri in action and have already worked with him to work out the details (action Shudre disey).

All that is left to do is to speed it up a few notches. Masri being Masri have no worry at this moment. I guess staying out of action for 11 months have given him some perspective.

When asked about his pace, he said that it is all in your attitude (head). If he wants he can do it but he is playing it safe for now. His last words - If you want proof, he can bring on the heat.

Neeways, His speed was a big asset but the best thing about him was his discipline. He still has it. Let's hope god smiles down upon us.