facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old May 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

May Allah give them peace.

By they way, did anything happen to Bangladesh?
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]

Old May 6, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnaad
By they way, did anything happen to Bangladesh?
A few thunderstorms. We had warnings about it since day zero.
Old May 6, 2008, 03:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnab
Of course. And how do you rapidly build infrastructures? With civil engineering technology. How can raise awareness quickly? With the help of superior information and communication technology.....
Easier said than done. Especially rapidly. Even with limited technology more lives can be saved if implementation process is corrected.

All this building infra structure and awareness takes time and we have to live through this. Sad but that is the realistic view point. We don't live in a perfect world. Our priorities are so different that we go for mig 27 and frigates instead of trying to save lives every year.
Old May 6, 2008, 03:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Easier said than done. Especially rapidly. Even with limited technology more lives can be saved if implementation process is corrected.

All this building infra structure and awareness takes time and we have to live through this. Sad but that is the realistic view point. We don't live in a perfect world. Our priorities are so different that we go for mig 27 and frigates instead of trying to save lives every year.
Of course. We all know that. I just find it ridiculous how we can watch with pinpoint accuracy how a bus is going to kill a number of pedestrians and yet can do nothing about it.
Old May 6, 2008, 04:51 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Quote:
It's funny how a part of the human race (meteorologists neatly ensconced in their data centers) can track a cyclone like Nargis from its inception all the way to its finish, and yet thousands of people die.

This enormous gap between those who have technology and those who can't benefit from it is a morally repugnant situation.
The bottom line, as I believe, is that no matter how much technology we develop and use, we will not be able to save us from the disater if Allah inteds us to be affected by it.

We should be grateful to Allah that cyclone Nargis didn't hit Bangladesh. We are yet to recover from the damage of cyclone Sidr; just imagine the situation if Nargis had struck BD.

This is what Quran and Hadith says about Natural Disaster:

Quote:
Dear brothers and sister, one question that may arise in our mind is why are these calamities, and destructions happening to Muslims. Yes, indeed the oppressors are the wrong doers. They make destruction and kill Muslims and steal their properties. On the other side, it is worth for us to look on ourselves so that we can improve our weaknesses. I would like to recite one hadith and I don’t intend to elaborate on it. Let us hear and we judge it ourselves.

The companion ‘Abdullaah Ibn ‘Abbaas r.a., narrated that the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam said: “Five matters result when five things happen: If people break their covenant with Allaah, He will send an enemy against them; If they rule by other than the Law of Allaah, poverty will spread among them; If they become deceptive in trade, Allaah will deprive them of crops and they will be struck with famine; And if they withhold the payment of Zakaah, they will be struck with drought.”.
[At- Tabaraani]

In another narration he (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: “If they break the covenant of Allaah and His Messenger, Allaah will send an external enemy against them who will seize some of their possessions; If they do not rule by the Book of Allaah, nor attempt to implement everything in it, Allaah will spread enmity among them.”

Conversely, obeying Allaah and His Messenger sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam is the source of victory. Allaah says

“O you who have believed, if you support Allaah, He will support you [by giving you victory].”
[Surah Muhammad Ayah 7]

Indeed, Allah gives victory to those who deserve it. And most of the times defeat comes from ourselves.

One night, Sa’d Ibn Abi Waqqaas, may Allaah be pleased with him, was checking on his army during the battle of Qaadisiyyah. He passed by the tent of one group of soldiers at night and found the men inside praying Qiyaam, or voluntary night-prayer, and remarked: ‘Victory comes from such a tent’ then he passed by another tent and found the men inside sleeping and remarked: ‘Defeat comes from such a tent.’ This was despite the fact that the men who were sleeping only missed a recommended prayer and not an obligatory one; yet Sa’d considered missing this recommended act to be a reason for defeat.

Let us avoid destructions, disasters and humiliation. Muslims have experienced to many appalling tragedy in their own land, It was Bosnia, and now Palestine, and tomorrow we never know whose turn.

The Prophet (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) was once asked: “Would we be punished by disasters which befall us while we have righteous people amongst us?’ he (sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) replied: “Yes, if evil becomes widespread.” Allaah says clearly on this issue in al Quraan:

“And fear the Fitnah (affliction and trial, etc.) which affects not in particular (only) those of you who do wrong (but it may afflict all the good and the bad people), and know that Allâh is Severe in punishment".
[Surah Al-Anfaal Ayah 25]

Therefore, if Muslims truly wish for safety from destruction and given victory, then they must change and improve what is in themselves as Allaah says that which translates as:

“For each (person), there are angels in succession, before and behind him. They guard him by the Command of Allâh. Verily! Allâh will not change the good condition of a people as long as they do not change their state of goodness themselves. But when Allâh wills a people's punishment, there can be no turning back of it, and they will find besides Him no protector.”.
[Surah Ar-Ra’d Ayah 11]
Another Scholarly Article about the Natural Disasters by Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi:

Quote:
Natural Disasters: Punishment or Test from
Allah (SWT)?

Tsunamis, Katrina and then terrible earthquakes in Kashmir and Pakistan, all these natural disasters happened one after another. Seeing the human suffering, death and destruction we are all shaken. It is difficult to forget the scenes of death, pain, cries of people, men women and children. Those who believe in God are concerned to know why God allowed these disasters to happen. Those who do not believe in God are ready to exploit this disaster to argue against God or His existence.
We see in this world all kinds of sufferings, evil and pain. We find sickness, old age and death. We see things that are ugly, people who are insane and foolish. We also see people who commit sins, show disloyalty, unfaithfulness, greed and insincerity. We see people commit rapes, murders, violence and wars. We know all these and many other problems. There are evils caused by human beings and there are natural disasters. There are sufferings for individuals and there are those that involve a large number of people.
The world, however, is not all evil. Beside all these negative things we also see beauty, health, prosperity, life, birth, wisdom, intelligence, growth and progress. We also see goodness among people, faith, sincerity, charity, love and the spirit of sacrifice. We see a lot of virtue and piety. It is also the fact that the element of good is more in the creation than the element of evil. We all see that there are more people who are healthy than those who are sick. There are more that eat well then those who starve. There are more people who live decent life then those who commit crimes. Goodness is the rule and evil is the exception. Virtue is the norm and sin is the aberration. Generally trees bear fruits, the flowers bloom, the winds move smoothly.
The question still remains why Allah allows sufferings. Why did He not create a world without any difficulty or pain? Let us ask this question to understand Allah’s ways in His creation. The Qur’an tells us that Good and evil whatever happens in this world happens by Allah’s Will (mashi’at Allah). Only Allah knows fully His Will. We finite beings cannot grasp fully His infinite Will and Wisdom. He runs His universe the way He deems fit. Allah says in the Qur’an:
No calamity occurs, except by the leave of Allah; and whosoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart. And Allah knows all things. (Al-Taghabun 64:11)
The famous Muslim philosopher, jurist and thinker Imam Ghazali (d. 11) elaborates this very clearly:
We believe that He is the Willer of things that are, and of things that happen. There does not come about in the world, seen or unseen, little or much, small or great, good or evil, advantage or disadvantage, faith or unbelief, knowledge or ignorance, success or loss, increase or decrease, obedience or rebellion, except by His will. What He wills is, and what He wills not is not. Not a glance of one who looks, or a slip of one who thinks is outside His will. He is the Creator, the Bringer back, the Doer of that which He wills. (A Short Creed of Ghazali)
As Muslims we believe that Allah is Wise and everything that Allah does is right, just, and fair. We must submit and surrender to His Will. The Qur’an has not given us all the details about Allah’s Will, but it has enlightened us with the guidance that is useful and sufficient for us. The problem of the existence of evil in this world is a complex one and there is no one simple answer for it. There are several points that we have to keep in our mind to understand this issue:
1. First of all, Allah did not make this world a permanent world. This is a temporary world and every thing here has a time limit. When its time comes it dies, comes to an end and finishes. Neither the good things of this world are forever, nor the bad things eternal. We are here for a short time and we are being tested. Those who will pass this test they will find an eternal world that is perfect and permanent. Those who will fail this test they shall see the evil consequences of their sins and corruption.
It is He Who created the Night and the Day, and the sun and the moon; all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its rounded course. We granted not to any man before you permanent life (here); if you die, would they live permanently? Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. To Us is the return. (Al-Anbiya’ 21:33-35)
2. Allah has placed physical and moral laws in this universe. Allah allows suffering to occur when one or more of these laws are broken. The physical laws are based on cause and effect. Sickness comes if some laws of health are not observed or violated. Auto accidents occur when traffic laws are not followed or the traffic laws are not right or not properly enforced, or the roads and freeways are not made and kept in right shape. Study of causes and effects is very important to give safeguards. Even here we should keep in mind that Allah often saves us and He does not cause us to suffer for every single negligence on our part. How many times it happens that we are not careful and still reach safely to our destinations. The way people drive in some cities, it is a miracle that more accidents do not happen and more people do not suffer. Allah says:
The Most Merciful, He taught the Qur’an. He created man. He taught him speech. The sun and the moon follow courses (exactly) computed; and the herbs and the trees both (alike) bow in adoration. And the Firmament He has raised high, and He has set up the Balance (of Justice), in order that you may not transgress (due) balance. So establish weight with justice and fall not short in the balance. He spread out the earth for (His) creatures. (al-Rahman 55:1-10)
The ways we exceed the measures set by Allah and violate His laws of cause and effect is incredible. It is really the mercy of Allah that we are saved. Strictly speaking the question should not be why Allah allows suffering, but how much Allah protects us and saves us all the time in spite of our violations and negligence. The Qur’an says:
If Allah were to punish people according to what they deserve, He would not leave on the back of the (earth) a single living creature; but He gives them respite for a stated Term. When their Term expires, verily Allah has in His sight all His servants.
(Fatir 35:45)
3. Sometimes Allah does punish some people because of their violations of His laws whether they are physical or moral. When the general punishment comes then the sinners and the innocents are all destroyed. The Qur’an tells us that many nations and communities were destroyed because of their sinful lifestyles.
If they treat you as false, so did the Peoples before them (with their Prophets), the People of Noah, and Ad and Thamud, those of Abraham and Lot, and the Companions of the Madyan people; and Moses was rejected (in the same way). But I granted respite to the Unbelievers, and (only) after that did I punish them; but how (terrible) was My rejection (of them)! How many populations have We destroyed, which were given to wrong-doing! They tumbled down on their roofs. And how many wells are lying idle and neglected, and castles lofty and well-built? (al-Hajj 22:42-45)
Allah warns the people in the Qur’an who see corruption and do not stand up to correct the wrong doers or to stop them from their wrong doings. Allah says in the Qur’an:
Why were there not, among the generations before you, persons possessed of balanced good sense, prohibiting (men) from mischief in the earth, except a few among them whom We saved (from harm)? But the wrong-doers pursued the enjoyment of the good things of life which were given them, and persisted in sin.
(Hud 11:116)
However, we must keep in mind that only Prophets of Allah, who had access to the Revelation (wahi), could inform us whether a disaster was a punishment of Allah or not. After the coming of the Last Prophet Muhammad – peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- no one has access to any new Divine Revelation and hence no one is allowed to say definitely that a particular disaster or difficulty is the punishment of God to a person or to a group.
4. Suffering can also be a test and trial for some people. Allah allows some people to suffer in order to test their patience and steadfastness. Even Allah’s Prophets and Messengers were made to suffer. Prophet Ayyub (Job) is mentioned in the Qur’an as a Prophet who was very patients. Good people sometimes suffer but their sufferings heal others and bring goodness to their communities. People learn lessons from their good examples. Martyrs die for their faith, soldiers give their lives for their nations and this brings liberation and freedom for their people.
Be sure We shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Who say, when afflicted with calamity: "To Allah we belong, and to Him is our return" They are those on whom (descend) blessings from their Lord, and Mercy, and they are the ones that receive guidance. (Al-Baqarah 2:155-157)
5. Suffering of some people could be a test for others who did not suffer. Whether we understand or not the reason why some people went through a disaster, our responsibility is to help them. When we see a person who is sick, poor or needy, or when we see a whole community gone through some disaster, actually we are also tested by Allah. It is wrong to leave them alone saying that “if Allah wanted He would have saved them.” Allah mentions with disapproval the saying of some people:
And when they are told, "Spend of (the bounties) with which Allah has provided you," The Unbelievers say to those who believe: "Shall we then feed those whom, if Allah had so willed, He would have fed, (Himself)? You are in nothing but manifest error." (Yasin 36:47)
In the suffering of those people our faith and charity is tested. When we see a person in pain and in difficulty, we should pay extra attention. It is possible that Allah is there to see what our response is. In a very moving Hadith Qudsi, the Prophet –peace be upon him- said:
Allah will say on the Day of Judgment, ‘O son of Adam, I was sick and you did not visit Me.’ He will say, ‘O my Lord, how could I visit You, when you are the Lord of the Worlds.’ Allah will say, ‘Did you not know that My servant so and so was sick and you did not visit him? Did you not know that if you had visited him, you would have found Me there?’ Allah will say, ‘O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not.’ He shall say, ‘O my Lord, how could I feed you and you are the Lord of the Worlds?’ And Allah will say, ‘Did you not know that My servant so and so was looking for food and you did not feed him? Did you not know that if you had fed him, you would have found that to have been for Me?’ ‘O son of Adam, I asked you for water and you did not give Me to drink.’ The man shall say, ‘O my Lord, how could I give You water, when You are the Lord of the Worlds?’ Allah will say, ‘My servant so and so asked you for water and you did not give him to drink water. Did you not know that if you had given him to drink, you would have found that to have been for Me.’ (Muslim, Hadith no. 4661. Jesus –peace be upon him- is also reported to have said something similar. See Matthew 25:35-45)
To summarize we can say:
1. Sufferings occur to teach us that we must adhere to Allah’s natural and moral laws.
2. Sufferings are sometimes to punish those who violate Allah’s natural or moral laws.
3. Suffering of the righteous people also become a healing and liberation for others. Those who patiently bear their pain and suffering are also promised great blessings from Allah.
4. Sufferings of some people are a test for other people’s commitment to human values and charity.
Whenever we encounter suffering we should ask ourselves, “Have we broken any law of Allah?” Let us study the cause of the problem and use the corrective methods. “Could it be a punishment?” Let us repent and ask forgiveness and reform our ways. “Could it be a test and trial for us?” Let us work hard to pass this test with patience if we are suffering; or with charity and kindness if we see others are in difficulty. Believers face the sufferings with prayers, repentance and good deeds. The non-believers face the sufferings with doubts and confusions. They blame Allah or make arguments against Him. May Allah keep us on the right path.

-DrSiddiqi@aol.com
Note: People's mind travels faster than light and so is my mind. My exams are over and I started to miss BC too much. So I am back
Old May 6, 2008, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
The bottom line, as I believe, is that no matter how much technology we develop and use, we will not be able to save us from the disater if Allah inteds us to be affected by it.

We should be grateful to Allah that cyclone Nargis didn't hit Bangladesh. We are yet to recover from the damage of cyclone Sidr; just imagine the situation if Nargis had struck BD.
Sidr was the worst cyclone ever to hit Bangladesh. It was more powerful than the 1971 and the 1991 cyclones, yet not many lives were lost compared to those previous cyclones. Why do you think that is the case?
Old May 6, 2008, 06:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Sidr was the worst cyclone ever to hit Bangladesh. It was more powerful than the 1971 and the 1991 cyclones, yet not many lives were lost compared to those previous cyclones. Why do you think that is the case?

Technology made this possible. If it happend in 1970, the death toll would have been in the millions!!!!!! In 1991, maybe 7 to 8 lakhs. And 2007 (SIDR) only few thousands.

This is an example of the growth of technology in Bangladesh.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old May 6, 2008, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

Quote:

This is what Quran and Hadith says about Natural Disaster:

Another Scholarly Article about the Natural Disasters by Dr. Muzammil H. Siddiqi:

Note: People's mind travels faster than light and so is my mind. My exams are over and I started to miss BC too much. So I am back
Sorry but Allah won't help you unless you help yourself.

US gets battered every now and then with some from of storm aside from few cyclones and natural disasters like earthquakes. Florida is always proned to cyclonic storms like Bangladesh.

For a country like Bangladesh that coped it so many times, we should have at least half a descent system installed in the event of cyclones including a proper warning systems, adequate shelters and government effort to building stronger housing for those people living in cyclone infested places.

Corruption again plays a big part. They amount of money the ministers stole from the people, all these would have been possible ten times over. So no point saying Allah willed it, thats just passing the blame for our own incompetence.

The only times we can confidently say Allah willed it is when we do everything in our power to avert the disaster and yet it took the usual million lives. Otherwise it can be avoided and its our fault that we didn't do enough.

Btw, putting a complete ban on tin, straw or mud housing can be a start.

Last edited by Alien; May 6, 2008 at 09:44 PM..
Old May 6, 2008, 11:20 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Please support the Cyclone victims in Burma.

Donate any amount you can using the link below.

Support the Cyclone Victims

Thank You.
Old May 7, 2008, 04:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Allah didn't wish to kill that many people. How many people will be killed, depends on the will of Allah. The intensity of the cyclone has nothing to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien
Sorry but Allah won't help you unless you help yourself.
100% Agree.

But, how do you help yourself? Offcourse I am not against using technology and applying science, but first we will have to listen to how our prophet has told us to help ourselves. And that is not committing crimes and sins.

When crime and sins became rampant on the land, Allah sends down disaster either as a punishment, warning or a test.
Old May 7, 2008, 06:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
100% Agree.

But, how do you help yourself? Offcourse I am not against using technology and applying science, but first we will have to listen to how our prophet has told us to help ourselves. And that is not committing crimes and sins.
Personally I don't see how Americans are less sinful compared to Bangladeshis. Or Burmese are more sinful compared to Luxembourg (landlocked country with no cyclonic worries).

Quote:
When crime and sins became rampant on the land, Allah sends down disaster either as a punishment, warning or a test.
Maybe, in fact, the Quran narrates many occasions when people were afflicted with calamities when they rejected their Prophet's warning.

People die most of the time because of the flimsy housing of third world cannot withstand the wind and most get buried under their own roofs or tidal waves or tress crashing on their roof.

In first world where houses are stronger, can withstand all these in most cases. Pluse those places that are cyclone prone have adequate shelters and everything and are always prepared. They still get killed but not in millions.

From a natures point of view, cyclone is normal. Just like sunrise and sunset. You live near a volcano, you make sure you have ur stuff packed incase it pops any second, if live in a cyclone hot zone, you do the same and dig a hole in the ground so atleast the roof doesnt hit your head. Thats the price you pay. Nature doesn't cater to our need. When its cyclone time, it'll happen.

It's funny when it's a fine, sunny day we don't thank Allah for the fine weather but when its Nargis or Sidr we say "Allah willed it".
Old May 7, 2008, 08:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Bd_Shardul,
your view is known as fatalistic version actually that is one of the cause of death as they believe death is under the hand of Allah; thus ensuring death. If crime and sin cause for disaster then we need not need to study the science of disaster. But then you explain why not a single major disaster hit Russia in the last 30 years or the Arab land while we suffer disaster year after year. So we are more sinful then the Russians and the Arabs. Both of us know that this is BS I am talking. Piousness has nothing to do with disaster. If this is true, then you are claiming that Allah is not just as he is punishing people for wrong doing of others
Old May 7, 2008, 09:43 AM
Cricket Legend

hmmm....flood twice a year and now the frequent cyclones...... that makes us the greatest sinners of the world...

The true 'sinners' of Bangladesh are safely tucked away from this "retribution", and these disasters do'nt impact them at all...

My point is, if this is the "punishment" or "test" from Allah..... are the actual ppl responsible for this, even getting a fraction of it?

ALLAH KNOWS THE BEST....
Old May 7, 2008, 03:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Allah didn't wish to kill that many people. How many people will be killed, depends on the will of Allah.
Why would Allah kill innocent people? How can an all merciful being be a killer? Isn't killing kufr in Islam?

And how do you know it's Allah that creates cyclones? Couldn't it be Shaytan?
Old May 7, 2008, 04:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

death toll now seems to be 100K+

What are we doing? If you think about it, we should have the most experienced human power regarding how to deal with these type of situation, with the newest Sidr experience. Can't we send a team even if we cannot send supply?

I think Burma gov will be more willing to accept us than westerners because we never poked any finger in them (whether we should or should not poke in their matter can be a different discussion)
Old May 7, 2008, 04:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Why would Allah kill innocent people?
Allah doesn't kill, he simply takes us back. Which isn't same as killing which apply to human/animal terminology. Allah isn't human.

Quote:
How can an all merciful being be a killer? Isn't killing kufr in Islam?
Kufr is disbelieving in God. It is a big sin yes, but again that applies to human. Most merciful doesn't mean that Allah will forgive every little things you do(he might if he wants to). Some sin needs repentance (like backbiting) while others like Shirk are unforgivable.

Quote:
And how do you know it's Allah that creates cyclones? Couldn't it be Shaytan?
Shaytan doesn't have power to control weather. And I maybe wrong, he doesn't have power to kill either. But not sure too sure about that. Shaytan has limited capabilities, he can create havoc within the bounds Allah has set him on. He can mess around with your head, lead you astray but not kill you in which case we'll all be dead given he is a sworn enemy of mankind.
Old May 7, 2008, 05:09 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this terrible disaster.

Unfortunately not only these are naturally occurring, we are worsening it ourselves by contributing to the changing climate of our planet. Allah is not to be blamed for this. It's just the way it is. When disasters hit, it is the poor who suffer the most.
Old May 7, 2008, 05:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Allah doesn't kill, he simply takes us back. Which isn't same as killing which apply to human/animal terminology. Allah isn't human.

Kufr is disbelieving in God. It is a big sin yes, but again that applies to human. Most merciful doesn't mean that Allah will forgive every little things you do(he might if he wants to). Some sin needs repentance (like backbiting) while others like Shirk are unforgivable.

Shaytan doesn't have power to control weather. And I maybe wrong, he doesn't have power to kill either. But not sure too sure about that. Shaytan has limited capabilities, he can create havoc within the bounds Allah has set him on. He can mess around with your head, lead you astray but not kill you in which case we'll all be dead given he is a sworn enemy of mankind.
Thank you. I feel much enlightened now.
Old May 7, 2008, 09:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatebreed
My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this terrible disaster.

Unfortunately not only these are naturally occurring, we are worsening it ourselves by contributing to the changing climate of our planet. Allah is not to be blamed for this. It's just the way it is. When disasters hit, it is the poor who suffer the most.
The situation in Myanmar is heartbreaking... the poor people of myanmar is paying the price of this disaster, while the military dictator is restricting the amount of aid that is entering the country... How can this happen in a civilized world. I really hope that the people of myanmar will rise up and overthrow this brutal government.

Looking for hand of God for every action, like cyclone, is not smart, instead we should look at how we are raping our nature.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Personally I don't see how Americans are less sinful compared to Bangladeshis. Or Burmese are more sinful compared to Luxembourg (landlocked country with no cyclonic worries).
American's can't be compared with Bangladeshis. From the perspective of Islam, the issue of committing sin is pointless if someone doesn't posses Imaan.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:25 AM
Banned

Quote:

Excellent Post Alien Bhai.

And yes, Shaytan doesn't have the power to kill people and control weather.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Excellent Post Alien Bhai.

And yes, Shaytan doesn't have the power to kill people and control weather.
Wait, so Allah killed all those innocent Burmese people? They weren't supposed to be saved by warning and proper sheltering beforehand? Should we also let all the refugees die of hunger and call that Allah's wish?
Old May 8, 2008, 05:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Wait, so Allah killed all those innocent Burmese people? They weren't supposed to be saved by warning and proper sheltering beforehand? Should we also let all the refugees die of hunger and call that Allah's wish?
Arnab Bhai,

People are not supposed to question the will of Allah.
Old May 8, 2008, 06:15 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

It's a real shame that most of the people didn't even know about the cyclone. They didn't get any warning or instruction from the authorities to move to a safe place or shelters. This is why scores of people are dead.The cyclone just came as a suprise to them; they were sleeping when it struck.

This is completely unacceptable. The ruling junta failed to take even the minimum steps required to save the people of the country.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Arnab Bhai,

People are not supposed to question the will of Allah.
Excuse me, but how do you know the death of so many innocent people by Cyclone Nargis was the will of Allah? Are you Allah's personal assistant? Can you read Allah's mind?