facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 30, 2012, 06:24 PM
Banned

That's really a stupid thing to say. I doubt if every single English or Aussie cricket fans know who their bowling coaches are. He is a bowling coach ffs, not media manager. His job is to coach the bowlers mostly staying behind the scene, not to go to every single forum and blog to explain himself. if he does that I will start to think that he believes he is not good at what he does and is trying to convince people in other ways to save his job. By the way if you are a regular member of BC but don't know who SJ is time to rethink the reason you come here for.
Old October 1, 2012, 06:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
That's really a stupid thing to say. I doubt if every single English or Aussie cricket fans know who their bowling coaches are. He is a bowling coach ffs, not media manager. His job is to coach the bowlers mostly staying behind the scene, not to go to every single forum and blog to explain himself. if he does that I will start to think that he believes he is not good at what he does and is trying to convince people in other ways to save his job. By the way if you are a regular member of BC but don't know who SJ is time to rethink the reason you come here for.
I'm sure you haven't understood his one line and you haven't even read 2/3 posts above him. Just re read and you will understand what you said is very rude, to say the least.

What if, when I see a coach replying to fans questions as a display of his confidence on his ability ? Unless a coach is capable, competent and are ready to face tough questions from the fans why would he try to spoil his peace by coming here? Even an incapable coach can finish his contract by not convincing any fan, but Kamal/Tutul figures alone... So why would a coach want to come here and convince the fans, unless he knows his job, confident of his abilities and passionate about the game to spare his valuable time to share his thoughts with the fan?? What's the benefit of convincing the fans?? Can you do anything for anyone as a fan?? Unless LK is your relative??

Please remove your glass of dislike unless this comes from excessive love for another ex coach and direct your criticism in the right direction and based on some substance.

Now lets get back to SJ coaching; yes a coach's job is coaching, and he needs to display his ability through the product. I haven't seen him making any positive impact, rather I see deterioration in the Pace department. Shafiul was grooming up as an excellent bowler under IP, but he is now worse than Shahadat. What can I say about Abul? Where is the impact of the coaching you see?? Now don't tell me that He created Mash, like JS created Shak/TI.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 1, 2012 at 11:35 AM..
Old October 2, 2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I'm sure you haven't understood his one line and you haven't even read 2/3 posts above him. Just re read and you will understand what you said is very rude, to say the least.
Oh yes I did and I do understand every single thing he says. Did I sound rude? Care to exlpain how? Since when questioning someone’s intention considered as rude? May be only in BC because during 2011 WC I got an infringement warning just for arguing with him. Things have changed for since then I must admit. It’s about “community standard” I guess. More and more people started disagreeing with him so now its ok to talk against him.

Quote:
What if, when I see a coach replying to fans questions as a display of his confidence on his ability ?
Absolutely nothing wrong about it. And just for your information I welcomed him wholeheartedly when he first joined BC and appreciated answering fans’ questions. That’s one of the reasons I come to BC. But as the time went by his intentions became clearer to me like many others (if you care to find out). Remind you people didn’t question Richard McInnes’ integrity when he came here and shared his ideas with us.

Quote:
So why would a coach want to come here and convince the fans, unless he knows his job, confident of his abilities and passionate about the game to spare his valuable time to share his thoughts with the fan?? What's the benefit of convincing the fans?? Can you do anything for anyone as a fan?? Unless LK is your relative??
Don’t tell me love has made you so blind. Don’t you read his posts where he says he hopes someone somewhere hears him and fund a pace academy for him. He knows some influential people come to BC and he wants to send the message across.

Quote:
Please remove your glass of dislike unless this comes from excessive love for another ex coach and direct your criticism in the right direction and based on some substance.
I am not wearing any glasses nor do I have ever expressed love for any coach let alone excessive (show me if I did, FYI I was on the bandwagon to ‘fire Law’ before Asia cup, go back and check my post), its you who is fascinated by his love for Bangladesh Cricket. My comment were not directed towards you but you dragged yourself into it and felt obligated to defend him, so I have to assume you are the one who is in love.

Let me point it out to you then- we don’t hear much from him when BD does well but as soon as BD does bad he comes up with his details analysis and attribute bad performances mostly to lack of proper coaching, not lack of sporting pitches, weak domestic completion & infrastructure or anything. And eventually comes up with the solution that we need a pace bowling academy or make him head coach. When we bowled WI out for 61 he refused to give us credit and insisted the pitch was a sub standard one. Also he thinks the BPL was the only reason we did well in Asia cup. Its just couple of examples. The less I talk about his antics (I know some people are smiling knowing what I am talking about) the better.

Quote:
Now lets get back to SJ coaching; yes a coach's job is coaching, and he needs to display his ability through the product. I haven't seen him making any positive impact, rather I see deterioration in the Pace department. Shafiul was grooming up as an excellent bowler under IP, but he is now worse than Shahadat. What can I say about Abul? Where is the impact of the coaching you see?? Now don't tell me that He created Mash, like JS created Shak/TI.
I don’t know why you are asking me about JS. I wasn’t a fan of his coaching and I opened a thread ‘who should be our next coach’ long before he was fired. I don’t have any affiliation with anyone nor do I root for anyone. I don’t even have a favourite player in the team. All I care about is the team result, whoever helps us get that result. But when I see someone is trying to use us just for his own benefit as a fan I can’t be quiet.

From past experienc so far in BC, I am very sure my post will be deleted/modified or I will be banned. It will be put under some kind of breach. I said it few times before BC is a mirror of Bangladesh. I know Ian Pont is more valuable to BC than me. He pulls lot of crowd with his international identity. But I have no regret for telling the truth.
Old October 3, 2012, 04:25 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Oh yes I did and I do understand every single thing he says. Did I sound rude? Care to exlpain how? Since when questioning someone’s intention considered as rude? May be only in BC because during 2011 WC I got an infringement warning just for arguing with him. Things have changed for since then I must admit. It’s about “community standard” I guess. More and more people started disagreeing with him so now its ok to talk against him.
Ian Pont: It says quite a lot when some people don't even know the bowling coach in Shane Jurgensen.

Firstlane: By the way if you are a regular member of BC but don't know who SJ is time to rethink the reason you come here for.

Can you show me the relevance? He said some people and not about him. And you judged his intention out of that?? There was never any problem of disagreeing with him in BC, it's a problem when you make personal attack in the name of disagreement. That's not only inappropriate in his case, rather for everyone's case.

Quote:
Absolutely nothing wrong about it. And just for your information I welcomed him wholeheartedly when he first joined BC and appreciated answering fans’ questions. That’s one of the reasons I come to BC. But as the time went by his intentions became clearer to me like many others (if you care to find out). Remind you people didn’t question Richard McInnes’ integrity when he came here and shared his ideas with us.
You are reading too much into hin intentions, why can't you concentrate on the statements alone? If we all start finding out intentions of all the posters and react to that, it will be a total chaos here.

Quote:
Don’t tell me love has made you so blind. Don’t you read his posts where he says he hopes someone somewhere hears him and fund a pace academy for him. He knows some influential people come to BC and he wants to send the message across.
I have never seen him saying, that someone will fund an academy for him, it was always for Pace Bowling Academy for BD, and he might have the desire to contribute there. Can you please quote any of his posts where he was looking for funds for him?

Secondly, I would be equally happy, if he could inspire anyone to fund him to make a pace bowling academy in BD. I don't care if he is benefitted, because I'm sure that would benefit us much more.

Quote:
I am not wearing any glasses nor do I have ever expressed love for any coach let alone excessive (show me if I did, FYI I was on the bandwagon to ‘fire Law’ before Asia cup, go back and check my post), its you who is fascinated by his love for Bangladesh Cricket. My comment were not directed towards you but you dragged yourself into it and felt obligated to defend him, so I have to assume you are the one who is in love.
You are again assessing intention. Yes, I felt like defending him, because I felt you were unjustly rude with your comments. And I'm doing it again. I don't mind being dragged into it and I'm happy that your post gives me chance to show you again, how you are being biased, with may be some behind the scene information. You definitely can't substantiate your allegations on his intention through his posts in this forum.

Quote:
Let me point it out to you then- we don’t hear much from him when BD does well but as soon as BD does bad he comes up with his details analysis and attribute bad performances mostly to lack of proper coaching, not lack of sporting pitches, weak domestic completion & infrastructure or anything. And eventually comes up with the solution that we need a pace bowling academy or make him head coach. When we bowled WI out for 61 he refused to give us credit and insisted the pitch was a sub standard one. Also he thinks the BPL was the only reason we did well in Asia cup. Its just couple of examples. The less I talk about his antics (I know some people are smiling knowing what I am talking about) the better.
I think, those are the situations when we need his comments. When we win, we don't need any expert to come and tell us how we won. IMO. Because we are good to observe slightest good things with our players, while we always make mistakes in finding their limitations.. Coz we love them.

He is an expert on coaching, so it's ok if he is commenting on the lack of coaches/coaching. Yet I have read him saying on the problems of coaching from a coaches point of view and our domestic infrastructures and standards. But why would you blame him for not talking on pitches?? His comments on pitches wouldn't have as much value to me, as his comments on coaching.

Quote:
I don’t know why you are asking me about JS. I wasn’t a fan of his coaching and I opened a thread ‘who should be our next coach’ long before he was fired. I don’t have any affiliation with anyone nor do I root for anyone. I don’t even have a favourite player in the team. All I care about is the team result, whoever helps us get that result. But when I see someone is trying to use us just for his own benefit as a fan I can’t be quiet.
I'm not asking you about JS, I'm asking you about SJ.. Ref to your comments I highlighted from your post i quoted, in my last post.

Quote:
From past experienc so far in BC, I am very sure my post will be deleted/modified or I will be banned. It will be put under some kind of breach. I said it few times before BC is a mirror of Bangladesh. I know Ian Pont is more valuable to BC than me. He pulls lot of crowd with his international identity. But I have no regret for telling the truth.
BC has its own limitations, but If Bangladesh could be a mirror of BC, we would have a much better society... But yes, since the forum is made up of Bangladeshis, it can't be completely out of the national characterstics.

NB: please don't be so much worked up by judging people's intentions. If someone has the intention to benefit ensuring equal or greater benefits for you as we'll, then that's a fair intention. It's a give and take world and a fair intention is always win win scenario for all parties involved. Don't always wait for one sided, selfless charities in this world. I rather would refuse a charity academy, because charities can't ensure quality.

Last edited by BANFAN; October 3, 2012 at 05:03 AM..