facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2011, 07:48 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I was in school, and I'd taken my pocket radio along with me. Listening to it in one ear through every class after tiffin break. Huddled together with the others, tense beyond anything else. We got damn lucky due to the rain and Akram taking his time that day!

We had some make up classes that day if I remember correctly. Or maybe I'd gone to coaching. But definitely had classes that day and heard the game through that little pocket transistor and through the car radio.
Your post brought back old memories..........those days of 1997 ICC trophy and taking the pocket radio to school and being glued to it in between classes - all that passion and desperation to qualify for the world cup! It's taken a while but we have come a long way!!
Old March 14, 2011, 08:24 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Aaah That Match..I remember going to a "Anondo Misil" right after that match. I remember Shamim Chowdhury was giving commentary in Bangla. Jafarullah Sharaft was so emotional.. That match was so intense. And I believe Saiful was the man behind the scene. Had he not supported Akram the way he did, we wouldnt have won that match.