facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Support

Support Help & Support

Old March 29, 2007, 09:05 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default Avro New Version available (& more fonts)

Thread Update: June 12, 2007
OmicronLab updated their Avro to version 4.1.0.
New Version Available: Avro 4.1.0

OmicronLab updated their Avro to version 4.0.2.

Also, I have updated the Bangla fonts pack file on our server with new Bangla fonts that are now available. It also has newer version of some of the other common fonts, such SolaimanLipi.

Avro 4.0.2
Bangla Fonts Pack

Also, thanks to Omicron Lab for recognizing BC's effort in promoting Bangla unicode. OmicronLab is also a BanglaCricket's partner site.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.

Last edited by Nasif; June 12, 2007 at 02:35 PM..
Old April 8, 2007, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks for letting us know.
Old May 23, 2007, 08:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

BC Development boss
I am using (Suse) Linux. Therefore, can't read bangla fonts. Is there any way to read/view bangla font. Avro is mainly for Windows. I don't want to miss babubangla's special.
Old May 23, 2007, 09:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
BC Development boss
I am using (Suse) Linux. Therefore, can't read bangla fonts. Is there any way to read/view bangla font. Avro is mainly for Windows. I don't want to miss babubangla's special.
Most of Linux distros have complete Bangla localization, which means Bangla is available in all of them.

I use Suse too, just install the Bangla language packs, which will install the default bangla fonts. You can also install the fonts manually. There are lots of directions available on the net, just google it.

Writing in Linux is another story. As there is only one keyboard layout, Probhat. You can get more info on this in Ankur Bangla Linux site.
http://www.bengalinux.org
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old May 23, 2007, 11:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Most of Linux distros have complete Bangla localization, which means Bangla is available in all of them.

I use Suse too, just install the Bangla language packs, which will install the default bangla fonts. You can also install the fonts manually. There are lots of directions available on the net, just google it.

Writing in Linux is another story. As there is only one keyboard layout, Probhat. You can get more info on this in Ankur Bangla Linux site.
http://www.bengalinux.org
Thank you dear developer, I installed bangla package. now, i can view bangla font, but a bit problematic, like a-kar, e-kar gula age gula thik thak moto asena. porte to pari!
Old May 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_dorshok
Thank you dear developer, I installed bangla package. now, i can view bangla font, but a bit problematic, like a-kar, e-kar gula age gula thik thak moto asena. porte to pari!
Linux version of the Firefox had some problem with Indic scripts, including bangla. I believe they have fixed it on the latest version. Upgrade to the latest one and see if it works.

Otherwise if you are using KDE, you can use Konqueror as browser. It displays Bangla fine. Not sure about Gnome's one.
Old May 24, 2007, 09:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
Linux version of the Firefox had some problem with Indic scripts, including bangla. I believe they have fixed it on the latest version. Upgrade to the latest one and see if it works.

Otherwise if you are using KDE, you can use Konqueror as browser. It displays Bangla fine. Not sure about Gnome's one.
Thanks brother. I installed suse 10.2, the latest one. but firefox still has the problem. I can now view babubangla's post with konqueror but can't view any bangla newspaper.
Old June 12, 2007, 02:36 PM
Administrator

OmicronLab updated their Avro to version 4.1.0.
New Version Available: Avro 4.1.0
Old July 4, 2007, 12:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Version 4.5.0 is now available