facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 4, 2014, 02:40 AM
Administrator

Default Next for BanglaCricket

Next for BanglaCricket

Once again it is time to take stock of where we are with BanglaCricket.com and to where we all wish to take it. If we are all happy for it to be just an internet forum, then this discussion is moot and we can all move along.

We had a vision.

We had a vision of making BanglaCricket to be the go to place for all Bangladesh Cricket fans. We wanted to have a presence above and beyond being just a forum for us to meet virtually. And we’ve always wanted this to be by the fans, of the fans, and for the fans.

As a long suffering Bangladesh cricket fan, I would like to give last push to see if we can at least achieve some of our lofty vision. Just as BCB and Bangladesh cricket needs a good shakeup, so does BC.

We need the right blend of experience and youth. We need the right combination of vision and ability to execute.

With this goal in mind, we are planning a major restructuring of the volunteers who help make BC what it is with the hope we can take it from strength to strength.

Note: The forum(s) will continue to be the heart of BC.

Organizational Structure

Core BC

This consists of the two founders Mahmood and Tehsin and the current operational team of Nasif and Zunaid.

Executive Team/Cabinet

This will be the operational heart of the new BC. This team will be led by one member of the Core BC as the chief executive. Other members of the core BC team may be in the cabinet subject to their availability to participate regularly in BC operational activities. While the size of the cabinet has not yet been decided, this will include other BC members and as well as the forum Chief Moderator in ex officio capacity. We are still working on the exact structure and size and the roles and responsibilities of the members.

Working Groups

As part of the BC operations we will have a number of working groups dealing with the various operational aspect of BC. You are already familiar with some of them but some of them will be renamed, reorganized, new, or expanded
  • Moderation Team - first and foremost are the forum moderators. The forum, as I had mentioned, is at the heart and we will have our hardy moderator managing the quality of our discussion forums. There is not going to be any change to our current structure - Chief Moderator, one or more super moderators, and a number of moderators.
  • Content Team - Responsible for web site content. Sections include - news, bulletins, tour, This day in Bangladesh Cricket, and whatever else we expand to and include.
  • Editorial Team - Responsible for the editorial workflow of our front page articles.
  • Technical Team - Responsible for the technical operations of our web infrastructure - hosting, forum administration, scripting and coding, etc.
  • Social Media Team - Responsible for managing our social media presence - Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.
  • Regional Teams - an expanded geographical group two coordinate region based BC activities - we will initially start off with regions of high Bangladesh Cricket fan presence on BC: Bangladesh, the UK, Europe, USA, Canada, Australia and NZ, South Asia, South and East Asia, West Asia, and hopefully Africa and South/Latin America.
Advisory Council

Finally, and most importantly, we are going to create a larger advisory council drawn up of from the membership at large. This will be the group tasked with helping BC strategize its vision and mission. Some or all members of the Executive team will also be members of the Advisory Council.

What is going to happen

Generally, all membership will need to be re-upped every year. This is to ensure that we do maintain the dynamic nature of BC. Just like our cricketers, many of us lose form or interest or get married and move on - unable to volunteer the time needed to help run BC.

Many of you will have volunteered for more than one responsibility and will be in many teams. Some of the teams may have leads just to make the decision making process simpler. As we’ve indicated - roles and responsibilities will be fleshed out as go along.

We will necessarily keep everything informal and everyone informed and firm things up or even change course as we all learn what is working and what is not as we move forward.

Old April 4, 2014, 02:55 AM

Great initiatives. Looking forward to the new look BC.

I will be here, if BC needs me and will try by best in any way I can. All the best
Old April 4, 2014, 03:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Great initiatives. Looking forward to the new look BC.

I will be here, if BC needs me and will try by best in any way I can. All the best
That's the spirit.

What I am hoping for is more of this. More people standing up to say they will help and how.
Old April 4, 2014, 05:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

how about we add a design team?..give ideas to change the look of the site, make things interesting

guys with good photoshop editing skill( dillu, naim)
Old April 4, 2014, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Absolutely. Keep the ideas coming. Volunteer to help with something or the other. Suggest members who can help. Be a more integral part of BC.
Old April 4, 2014, 06:35 AM
Banned

How do I become a member of a certain team ? Whats the account no ?
Old April 4, 2014, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vua
How do I become a member of a certain team ? Whats the account no ?
Like all of us, you volunteer. Tell us how you can help - what skills you bring to the table.
Old April 4, 2014, 10:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Looking forward to new look and new style BC. I think Roman bhai will be a good representative for Eastern USA. I also suggested an interactive monthly discussion show via Google Hangout where members will discuss recent events and we will upload it in site. BC already have good credibility and we can get guests like Pont, McInnes etc. But no one paid any attention
Old April 4, 2014, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Looking forward to new look and new style BC. I think Roman bhai will be a good representative for Eastern USA. I also suggested an interactive monthly discussion show via Google Hangout where members will discuss recent events and we will upload it in site. BC already have good credibility and we can get guests like Pont, McInnes etc. But no one paid any attention
Help us. No-one paid you attention because no-one is around to do anything about it. We're down to very few active volunteers. Shall I put your name in the hat?
Old April 4, 2014, 10:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Help us. No-one paid you attention because no-one is around to do anything about it. We're down to very few active volunteers. Shall I put your name in the hat?
Yes sure. I have already reached out to Ian Pont. But it will be better if the interview request comes from you or someone who knows Ian personally. Same with Richard M.
Old April 4, 2014, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Yes sure. I have already reached out to Ian Pont. But it will be better if the interview request comes from you or someone who knows Ian personally.
I am not talking about the one off - I am talking about volunteering longer term for BC.
Old April 4, 2014, 10:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
I am not talking about the one off - I am talking about volunteering longer term for BC.
Yes boss. you can count me in.
Old April 4, 2014, 03:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

yeah i can help with the designs
Old April 4, 2014, 04:03 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Zunaid bhai,
If you need anyone from Canada, I am more than up for it. Also with experience of handling multiple cricket pages in FB, I can be useful in assisting the social media team.
Old April 4, 2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Like all of us, you volunteer. Tell us how you can help - what skills you bring to the table.
I am a Jack of all trades. I would like to be part of the Content or Editorial team, if the higher ups approve
Old April 4, 2014, 06:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

It has been a really long time since I have posted on this forum, but have been avidly reading analysis of the Bangladesh through my fellow team mates here at BC!

I believe we can turn a website like this into a self sustaining website, relying on managing the book, offering great cricket betting services. I've been working for William Hill since I began at University, and it has taught me about the extent to which people would go to achieve the best prices. With the levels of intellect in this forum and deep understanding of the cricketing world, the offer would be accepting bets on various different events throughout international cricket, all the profits go back to maintaining the site!

But if that isn't something which cannot be feasible for this forum, I am currently studying Applied Mathematics, so I would love to volunteer analyzing the raw statistics of the Bangladesh team. I would be able to quantify data, use qualitative dataavailable from websites such as Cricinfo, BBC Cricket and Howstat to clearly define the statistical heavens that is Bangladeshi Cricket
Old April 4, 2014, 09:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

all i want is to become regular again at the HEART OF BANLACRICKET and ENJOY ... ...
Old April 4, 2014, 11:33 PM
Test Cricketer

I want to see more parody type articles similar to Afghan Rehab Center. And I think parody design pics will be really great for that. A picture can speak a thousand words they say.
Old April 4, 2014, 11:34 PM
Test Cricketer

BTW can we upgrade this forum to latest version of vBulletin?
Get some new emoticons and stuff too

we need a more intuitive way for us to connect when a match is going on. More emoticons to express ourselves, a consistent format for match threads.. etc.
Old April 4, 2014, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
I want to see more parody type articles similar to Afghan Rehab Center. And I think parody design pics will be really great for that. A picture can speak a thousand words they say.
Nobody is stopping anyone from doing this. Do it.

Getting people to contribute has been like pulling teeth.

Look around at our current assets outside of the forum and suggest expansions and additions. And volunteer to do something about it.

Take ownership unlike our cricketers.
Old April 4, 2014, 11:54 PM
Administrator

IMNSHO: I personally detest overuse of emoticons. And in general, we all want the discourse and discussion to have prime billing. Anything that gets in the way is not encouraged and in some instances prohibited.
Old April 5, 2014, 09:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy

I believe we can turn a website like this into a self sustaining website, relying on managing the book, offering great cricket betting services. ...
Nothing against you but fundamentally I am against any type of betting, using betting money etc. If the higher ups even remotely consider anything (or partial) like this and try to implement that, I will have to say "asta lavista, baby" to this site!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
But if that isn't something which cannot be feasible for this forum, I am currently studying Applied Mathematics, so I would love to volunteer analyzing the raw statistics of the Bangladesh team. I would be able to quantify data, use qualitative dataavailable from websites such as Cricinfo, BBC Cricket and Howstat to clearly define the statistical heavens that is Bangladeshi Cricket
This is something that can be very interesting. Fantasy games!! Nasif, you got your man. Empower people.
Old April 5, 2014, 11:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
IMNSHO: I personally detest overuse of emoticons. And in general, we all want the discourse and discussion to have prime billing. Anything that gets in the way is not encouraged and in some instances prohibited.

:goal :

Am sorry...

Old April 6, 2014, 12:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Come to this site 5/6 times a day. I will be glad to help out if needed.
Old April 6, 2014, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Come to this site 5/6 times a day. I will be glad to help out if needed.
It is never an if.