facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 25, 2015, 03:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Default dui koti taka puroshkar ghoshona.

Not again!!!

She needs to stop this. They are getting paid handsomely. They will have new MULTIPLE sponsorships contracts. Use this towards the stadium you promised.

Old April 25, 2015, 03:56 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

source?
Old April 25, 2015, 03:57 PM
Cricket Legend

There goes our cricket team again, we all know what happened last year after the NZ series, how much did she pay them back then?
Old April 25, 2015, 03:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Politics nothing more
Old April 25, 2015, 04:01 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
source?
Quote:
Prime Minister Shekih Hasina announced yesterday that she would give Tk two crore to the Bangladesh cricket team for their outstanding performances in the recently concluded World Cup and series against Pakistan.

"The Bangladesh team will receive Tk one crore for their excellent performance in the World Cup, and another crore for the 'Banglawash' of Pakistan in the ODI series and victory in the lone T20 match," announced Hasina, a diehard cricket fan.

The announcement came at a reception she accorded to the Bangladesh cricket team at her official residence, Ganabhaban.

She also said she would provide a car for every player who had not received one previously and accommodation for the whole team.

"I've asked the officials concerned to look for a good place and we will construct a building there and provide the players with flats," Hasina said.
Full article: http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/c...e-reward-79332
Old April 25, 2015, 04:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Old April 25, 2015, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

She also talks about three new stadiums with modern facilities and mini-stadiums in upazilas to attract youngsters to sports.

Quote:
As part of the development of sports in the country, the Prime Minister said the government would build another stadium in the city equipped with modern facilities, including removable pitches.

She said there would also be another big stadium in Cox's Bazar.

After the construction of the Padma Bridge, she said the government has a plan to construct an Olympic Village on the other side of the bridge where a modern cricket stadium will be built.

Putting emphasis on attracting youngsters to sports, she said the government has started constructing stadiums in all districts, and that there would be mini-stadiums in all upazilas for the development of all sorts of sports.
Old April 25, 2015, 04:07 PM
Cricket Savant

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old April 25, 2015, 04:10 PM
Cricket Legend

All politics. I wouldn't believe a single thing until all the stadiums are actually built.
Old April 25, 2015, 05:23 PM
Test Cricketer

How predictable.

According to studies (and common sense too I guess and also from what we've seen so far), excess rewards/bonuses diminish work performance.

This is of course primarily, 99% for political purposes, but she's also a fan of the sport, and the ___ might actually believe that these crores/flats/cars is good for our cricket.

The stadiums will of course be, but cricket in the end is a source of entertainment. Millions of parents struggling to feed their children is a bigger issue. The sports minister should have a set, sensible budget to operate with, and we get revenue from ICC also. Creating sports institutions outside Dhaka should be the primary goal. Big stadiums can come later. But it's pointless to talk about this. Votes are the purpose behind whatever is said or will be done.
Old April 25, 2015, 05:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Often I ask myself {What are the personal merits of Hasina or Khaleda ? >.
Both of them are equally responsible for BD under-development (comparing to others south asians nations).
Old April 25, 2015, 05:42 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Often I ask myself {What are the personal merits of Hasina or Khaleda ? >.
Both of them are equally responsible for BD under-development (comparing to others south asians nations).
Merits? Neither of them have any. They've done no good for the country but have done a lot of bad.

Even with all the bad politics and corruption, there hasn't been complete absence of development in BD. Agricultural improvements and Grameen Bank are known around the world. When I was a kid, BD used to produced only one-third of the food the nation required, and there were beggars and people living on the streets of Dhaka. Not anymore. And there are foreign investments in BD now. All the credit goes to the people of BD of course, not the political leaders.

One thing that's holding back more foreign investments is lack of good transportation. Instead of making these big stadiums, the funds should be used to make good highways. But again, cricket is more popular, and stadiums will generate more votes.
Old April 25, 2015, 05:48 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Windows Media Player

I may have the wrong end of the stick here, but how does a prime minster who is a die hard BD cricket fan, that took the time to attend matches where their team was playing, and chooses to reward the team after putting in consecutive good performances have any political connotations? I believe the same was also done a few years ago after the NZ series ?

Tk. 2 core, when shared amongst a whole team, is not a significant sum of money. Especially when you consider players of other sports receive more in a single weeks paycheck.
Old April 25, 2015, 06:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph
Merits? Neither of them have any. They've done no good for the country but have done a lot of bad.

Even with all the bad politics and corruption, there hasn't been complete absence of development in BD. Agricultural improvements and Grameen Bank are known around the world. When I was a kid, BD used to produced only one-third of the food the nation required, and there were beggars and people living on the streets of Dhaka. Not anymore. And there are foreign investments in BD now. All the credit goes to the people of BD of course, not the political leaders.

One thing that's holding back more foreign investments is lack of good transportation. Instead of making these big stadiums, the funds should be used to make good highways. But again, cricket is more popular, and stadiums will generate more votes.
Yes there are development and improvement but it's too slow,compared to others countries, neither of them have the intellectual ability or vision to exploit Bangladesh's full potential, they are in power only due to circumstance...nothing more

It's more an eternal cycle of dirty and mindless politics.
Old April 25, 2015, 06:08 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Can they give some money to BC and its die hard fans? After all we stayed with this team through good and bad times. I wouldn't mind few thousand bucks
Old April 25, 2015, 06:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Can they give some money to BC and its die hard fans? After all we stayed with this team through good and bad times. I wouldn't mind few thousand bucks
Maybe money to develop the BC page.

Some to develop a management game online. So members can be more informed with the management of team and assets.

I'm going on a tangent...

BCF look like it needs some money. The two Zs as well; so too is TE, BK, ROM, ... all the rest of you.

This is a good idea. I know that it will not be a reality , so I hammered some humor onto this thread.
Old April 26, 2015, 12:36 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph

I guess its better for you to stick to cricket and cricket only. How do you quantify which part of the development comes only because of people but not due to any government action?

People responds to incentive and this is a fact. Rewarding cricketers for their achievement is an excellent job in my opinion. Dividing 8 crore taka among all the members of the team does not look too crazy an amount to me. Good job PM.
Old April 26, 2015, 12:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Mushfique, Liton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Yes there are development and improvement but it's too slow,compared to others countries, neither of them have the intellectual ability or vision to exploit Bangladesh's full potential, they are in power only due to circumstance...nothing more

It's more an eternal cycle of dirty and mindless politics.
Well, if you believe in democracy, unfortunately you'll have to bear with them. Compared to other countries Bangladesh has not developed? Do you live in this world? Do you really see comparisons among countries? Just one single statistics: 96% people of Bangladesh use sanitary latrine at present ( used to be around 60% in early 90s) compared to only 50% in India. This looks development to me!
Old April 26, 2015, 01:08 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

When will we move away from this minnow mentality? We should be setting the bar higher for the players to achieve more. No?

Does the Prime minister not having anything better do apart from finding ways to get some political brownie points?

These awards or whatever should have been handed by the PM if we won the WC.
Old April 26, 2015, 01:30 AM
Cricket Guru

They are going to be millionaires if we ever win a WC.

Anyways, poor timing they should have declared this after the test series, we're still in the middle of a series fgs
Old April 26, 2015, 01:57 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Should have declared after the end of test series.. Then again that would be too normal for us..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old April 26, 2015, 02:50 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
When will we move away from this minnow mentality? We should be setting the bar higher for the players to achieve more. No?

Does the Prime minister not having anything better do apart from finding ways to get some political brownie points?

These awards or whatever should have been handed by the PM if we won the WC.
Exactly! I guess we are still a minnow!
Old April 26, 2015, 05:05 AM
Cricket Legend

what is this feckery? wait till atleast the series is over -_-
Old April 26, 2015, 05:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
They are going to be millionaires if we ever win a WC.

Anyways, poor timing they should have declared this after the test series, we're still in the middle of a series fgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Should have declared after the end of test series.. Then again that would be too normal for us..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)

I think money is need to for development as well, so its not all bad giving them money but that should be done after finishing the series.
Old April 26, 2015, 06:01 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

chamey chamey Kaedge,Lit-on ar koyekjon lakhpoti hoya gelo.

ekhan theke kichu Pak playerder keo deya uchit chilo karon tader shohojogita chara BW hoto na.