facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 22, 2012, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Default BCB World T20 Media Release: 'If I contribute and the team wins only then I am happy': Nasir Hossain

'If I contribute and the team wins only then I am happy': Nasir Hossain

Saturday, 22 September 2012
Rabeed Imam

KANDY – Bangladesh batsman Nasir Hossain reflects on the opening match defeat against New Zealand and looks ahead to the crucial game against Pakistan:

Whether pressure played a part in the loss
There is always pressure when you are playing international cricket. However, I think it was more down to loss of concentration after the first 5/6 overs in the New Zealand innings when we had them under control. Somehow we could not keep the intensity going and they came back strongly. Also, our main strength is spin bowling but there was hardly anything for the spinners on that wicket and that was another crucial factor.

The batting
I will not point my finger at the batsmen. You are chasing nearly 200 and we had to go hard at it from the beginning. Sometimes you get off to a flying start and then the chase becomes easier comparatively. Unfortunately we lost two of our main batters inside the first three overs and from there on it was a struggle. If we had managed to contain them for 150/160 then it could have been a whole new ball game because it was a very good pitch for batting.

Brendan McCullum’s innings
We did not want to give him much room when he was batting but obviously we couldn’t execute the plan. When someone plays an innings like that there is little you can do. He found the gaps every time and not a shot went to the fielders. That was an exceptional knock and doesn’t happen always. He definitely made the difference.

His half century
When I got there it felt good for a short while but then the feeling went away and at the end of the match I was bitterly disappointed. If I contribute and the team wins only then I get pleasure out of my performance. Even if I get a duck and the team still wins then I am happy rather than when I perform in a losing cause.

Whether playing against smaller teams in the lead up to the tournament affected the performance
Look, the Board tried its best to arrange Twenty20 games for us and those were the only teams available. Ofcourse you don’t improve much if you don’t play top teams but that was not in our control. We saw this more as an opportunity to get acclimatised to the demands and requirements of the shortest version.

The Pakistan-New Zealand match
We have not talked about it. It will become a straight equation if New Zealand win but we are thinking of September 25. We have to beat Pakistan to have any hope of staying in the tournament. We had a poor match yesterday and we dropped our standards. Everyone is keen to give a good account of themselves against Pakistan.

Team spirit
Very good indeed. We are all professionals and we have been in these situations before. Until we put that solid team performance together we cannot be satisfied. Hopefully Allah willing, we will be much better in all departments against Pakistan.

Old September 22, 2012, 08:56 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

how many 'dhakka's he wants to really wake up ?
Old September 22, 2012, 01:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Quote:
He found the gaps every time and not a shot went to the fielders
One did but we were not able to hold onto it. That still could have saved us a good 20 runs in the end therefore reducing the margin of defeat. Everything counts in T20, even the slightest of errors.
Old September 22, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
When someone plays an innings like that there is little you can do.

That's the spirit. "little you can do" but watch and admire hein?

Edit: Kandy to boshe boshe khali kando aar ki korba.
Old September 23, 2012, 05:36 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Dale Steyn

Maybe he should find some strength to hit sixes if he wants to help the team win games. The way he plays now he isn't a match winner for t20 games.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition