facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 12, 2011, 12:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib,Mushy,Nasir,Naeem

I was Born in England while My Mum and Dad were born in Syhlet.

Old November 12, 2011, 12:57 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tiqbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan_98
I Want to know how to play for Bangladesh. I'm not going to join as I'm 13 and from the UK but was wandering how young kids could get into BD SQUAD
Imagine if you become the best player in the Bangladesh team and then if England wants to steal you for lots of £££££££, would you do it?
Old November 12, 2011, 07:37 PM
Club Cricketer

No I Wouldn't. Why Would I Join Bangladesh instead of England then. Of Course England would play more money. It's because I have a passion for them and wake up usually at 5 Uk time to watch them play.
Old November 12, 2011, 07:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiplu
Imagine if you become the best player in the Bangladesh team and then if England wants to steal you for lots of £££££££, would you do it?
He is only 13. Let him answer that when he is 23.
Old November 13, 2011, 10:58 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Best of luck
Old November 13, 2011, 11:15 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

good luck Farhan.

sorry for going off topic, Nadim,Farhan both playing cricket in UK, both got the number 98, bepar ta ki?
Old November 13, 2011, 11:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Imagine Both of us make the biggest partnership in Cricketing History
Old November 13, 2011, 12:09 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

^ya,Nad's 98+Far's 98= a partnership of 196

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 13, 2011, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhan_98
To be honest I'm not seriously thinking about it now. I don't want to be arrogant but im a good batsman who can shift gears. Good Ingeniuity.Decent Power Can Clear Ropes Easily on Leg Side and Off Side But need to work playing down the ground. I can also play the short ball which most Players can't and im good at hooking the ball. Need to work on Timing and can bowl off spin/leg spin and decent pace. Nowadays Pace about 86-90 Mph. i could be Shakib,Tamim and Mashrafe in one. I play for my school team. I worry about staying in Bangladesh all my life unless I could live in the UK and Play for them. You never know you may see me in a couple of years
You're 13...and bowl 86-90 MPH?

I live in Australia pal, and have played some big, tall fast-bowlers, and even at the age of 19 now, I haven't played a guy quicker than 135km.

Of course, if you do bowl that fast, you would pretty easily find your way into the Bangladesh team, based purely on pace as a fast bowler. Plus you bowl "decent" spin along with that (both offbreaks and legbreaks!). Rather than waiting 2 years, you should probably go to Bangladesh and try out now. We need a Shakib, Tamim and Mashrafe all-in-one.
Old November 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
You're 13...and bowl 86-90 MPH?

I live in Australia pal, and have played some big, tall fast-bowlers, and even at the age of 19 now, I haven't played a guy quicker than 135km.

Of course, if you do bowl that fast, you would pretty easily find your way into the Bangladesh team, based purely on pace as a fast bowler. Plus you bowl "decent" spin along with that (both offbreaks and legbreaks!). Rather than waiting 2 years, you should probably go to Bangladesh and try out now. We need a Shakib, Tamim and Mashrafe all-in-one.
cricket_king, just wondering bro, are you trying to be a professional cricketer yourself?
Old November 13, 2011, 07:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

@farhan

I understand you have the raw talent and eagerness to be a good cricketer but only having those wont help you much than being a mediocre 'jack of all trades, master of none'. So,

-Enroll yourself in a good cricket clinic/coaching.
-Learn basics first and increase your cricketing skills and knowledge.
-Eat good and healthy food. Avoid junk foods/spicy foods.
-Do exercise regularly to maintain body in shape and to increase muscle strength.
-Keep an eye for all the updates of "Age group" competitions and trials camp in UK or BD.

InshaAllah one day your dreams will come true.
Old November 14, 2011, 12:40 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Farhan Tumi egiye cholo, BC ache tomar sathe
Old November 14, 2011, 02:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimul_Hd
@farhan

I understand you have the raw talent and eagerness to be a good cricketer but only having those wont help you much than being a mediocre 'jack of all trades, master of none'. So,

-Enroll yourself in a good cricket clinic/coaching.
-Learn basics first and increase your cricketing skills and knowledge.
-Eat good and healthy food. Avoid junk foods/spicy foods.
-Do exercise regularly to maintain body in shape and to increase muscle strength.
-Keep an eye for all the updates of "Age group" competitions and trials camp in UK or BD.

InshaAllah one day your dreams will come true.
How does having raw talent and eagerness make someone 'jack of all trades'.... Seems like you just wanted to use the phrase and that's why put it in. Weird.
Old November 14, 2011, 02:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
How does having raw talent and eagerness make someone 'jack of all trades'.... Seems like you just wanted to use the phrase and that's why put it in. Weird.
Yes. You got it. I actually wanted to use that phrase. So, could not resist myself to put that. Its weird, i know. i am weird too. I am soo sorry and please accept my apology if my naive, idiotic and weird comment bothered you. Actually i dont think twice before writing anything. Thats why most of my comments sound like that. I should have researched more and rethink couple of times before pressing submit button. Moreover, I sometimes forget that someone from "BC Editorial Board" is reading my comments and scrutinizing every bit of word that i write. Phewww.....sorry again. I will try to be more careful from now on. Please forgive me.
Old November 14, 2011, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
cricket_king, just wondering bro, are you trying to be a professional cricketer yourself?
Haha not really man, I'm a decent player here in Aus, but I don't really have time to take it seriously, nor do I feel I have the immense skill required to make it at international level.

During my last visit to Bangladesh (2 years ago), I got a go in a district match in which my cousin was playing. They were a really nice bunch of guys and let me open, which is where I normally play, and my God, that pitch was so unbelievably slow (compared to the pitches here in Sydney). And though I was very comfortable against the pace bowlers, I struggled as soon as the spinners came in. Got out after scoring 28 odd. In fact, I looked dreadful against spin, especially on that wicket. Don't get too many decent spinners where I play.

In conclusion - my dream of playing for Bangladesh was almost completely crushed that day.

How about you? Much cricket down at Conneticut? Presumably not.
Old November 14, 2011, 07:59 AM
Cricket Sage

^ oh ya we have plenty crickets in connecticut. You know the one that makes that annoying cirping noise.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Android)
Old November 14, 2011, 10:59 AM
Club Cricketer

I don't BOWL 86-90 MPH. That Speed is Fastish and I bowl Fastish that is what I meant
Old November 15, 2011, 05:34 PM
First Class Cricketer

bowl at 160 kmh.
Old November 15, 2011, 09:25 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

First of all, concentrate on your studies. There is no guarantee that you'll make it as a cricketer. Even if your family is well off, good education has no alternatives.

Having said that, if you are serious about playing for Bangladesh, try to use the English domestic structure to your advantage. If you have what it takes and wish to represent Bangladesh, I am sure you'll make it insha'Allah.

If you are a batsman, try to develop the proper technique and footwork. Most elite batsmen, save a few, had excellent footwork. If you want to try pace bowling, there are not many genuine quickies. But, good coaching is crucial for both. Perhaps some practice using a cricket stamp to hit a gold ball from a wall like Bradman could help!
Old November 15, 2011, 09:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Haha not really man, I'm a decent player here in Aus, but I don't really have time to take it seriously, nor do I feel I have the immense skill required to make it at international level.

During my last visit to Bangladesh (2 years ago), I got a go in a district match in which my cousin was playing. They were a really nice bunch of guys and let me open, which is where I normally play, and my God, that pitch was so unbelievably slow (compared to the pitches here in Sydney). And though I was very comfortable against the pace bowlers, I struggled as soon as the spinners came in. Got out after scoring 28 odd. In fact, I looked dreadful against spin, especially on that wicket. Don't get too many decent spinners where I play.

In conclusion - my dream of playing for Bangladesh was almost completely crushed that day.

How about you? Much cricket down at Conneticut? Presumably not.
Oh ok. Ya that's understandable. Being a professional cricketer seems to require a lot of hard work. It's good you're having fun with it though. Sports are always good to have fun with and take things off your mind. And interesting to hear your experience playing in BD. So it must be very hard for the players to score quickly on those pitches.

And ya not too much cricket down here in Connecticut or in the US in general haha. I only get to play when my relatives come over. None of my friends are really interested in the sport since cricket is nonexistent here. Everyone either plays American football, baseball, or basketball.