facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 23, 2018, 04:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes
Default 'Boys In The Cave' Muslim Podcast

Salams everyone. Alhamdullilah the podcast I started is upto episode 12. We had many guests on such as Dr Mohamed Ghilan and Daniel Haqiqatjou. You can check us out on iTunes, Stitcher and Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAj...Y_6DSDg/videos

Old March 23, 2018, 04:58 AM
Cricket Legend

snippet of our next episode release

Old March 24, 2018, 12:08 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Daniel Haqiqatjou is an absolute beast. Massive respect for that guy. He tells it like it is and he isn't afraid of pointing out double standards when people criticize Islam with bogus modernist claims and fall spectacularly short their own criticism.
Old March 24, 2018, 05:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: AirBus A340

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
Salams everyone. Alhamdullilah the podcast I started is upto episode 12. We had many guests on such as Dr Mohamed Ghilan and Daniel Haqiqatjou. You can check us out on iTunes, Stitcher and Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAj...Y_6DSDg/videos
How do you get such big names on here, much connections you must have.

Good to see you giving back to the community, maybe its time I do the same.
Old March 24, 2018, 05:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
How do you get such big names on here, much connections you must have.

hardwork haha. Alhamdullilah I am somewhat connected with most shaykhs in Sydney. In regards to overseas guests alhamdullilah they are responsive to my messages. The plan is to also try to get in contact with muslims cricketers. Trying hard with Usman Khawaja and Sonny Bill but it will be a tough ask. However I do have my sights on Hashim Amla and Moeen Ali.

However we do have even bigger guests that we have locked in/already done eps with but yet to release. The Salafi Feminist, Dr Shadee Elmasry, Mohammad Hoblos just to name a few.
Old March 24, 2018, 05:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
Daniel Haqiqatjou is an absolute beast. Massive respect for that guy. He tells it like it is and he isn't afraid of pointing out double standards when people criticize Islam with bogus modernist claims and fall spectacularly short their own criticism.
alhamdullilah he is very well versed in modernity and he was a pleasure to dialogue with.
Old March 24, 2018, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

if you have a specific skillset which you feel can really benefit the podcast send me a direct pm. Cos workload is increasing for us so would be great to have a more growing team with people with unique skillsets contributing.
Old March 24, 2018, 06:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
if you have a specific skillset which you feel can really benefit the podcast send me a direct pm. Cos workload is increasing for us so would be great to have a more growing team with people with unique skillsets contributing.
Yea, when skillsets come, I am pretty low, unless its sitting down on a computer than I can't be of much help.
Old March 26, 2018, 06:56 AM
ODI Cricketer

You go lad! That's my boy!
Old March 27, 2018, 09:29 PM
Cricket Sage

BengaliPagol, have you heard of Mad Mamluks? that's also another pretty solid podcast(US Based)
Old March 27, 2018, 11:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
hardwork haha. Alhamdullilah I am somewhat connected with most shaykhs in Sydney. In regards to overseas guests alhamdullilah they are responsive to my messages. The plan is to also try to get in contact with muslims cricketers. Trying hard with Usman Khawaja and Sonny Bill but it will be a tough ask. However I do have my sights on Hashim Amla and Moeen Ali.

However we do have even bigger guests that we have locked in/already done eps with but yet to release. The Salafi Feminist, Dr Shadee Elmasry, Mohammad Hoblos just to name a few.
I like your approach. I was about to say something similar to din raat - seems like there is a lot of work being done to make one of these podcasts. You need more views for sure... it's not enough for the quality you putting up.

Though Islamic Lectures or talk are not my cup of tea but I can recognize a job well done in any sector. I really don't know how you can get more view but I think those guests like Hashim Amla or Moeen Ali will get your channel much much popular. One common household name can get you started well if you can keep the channel entertaining and maybe short.

Again i don't know if it is entertaining or not as I hardly worry about my din. Certainly not enoug to listen to an hour of podcast. At best 5 mins I will give time to someone unless its at jumah prayer where I am shoved nonsense against my will.
Old March 28, 2018, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I like your approach. I was about to say something similar to din raat - seems like there is a lot of work being done to make one of these podcasts. You need more views for sure... it's not enough for the quality you putting up.

Though Islamic Lectures or talk are not my cup of tea but I can recognize a job well done in any sector. I really don't know how you can get more view but I think those guests like Hashim Amla or Moeen Ali will get your channel much much popular. One common household name can get you started well if you can keep the channel entertaining and maybe short.

Again i don't know if it is entertaining or not as I hardly worry about my din. Certainly not enoug to listen to an hour of podcast. At best 5 mins I will give time to someone unless its at jumah prayer where I am shoved nonsense against my will.
Why so much spite towards religion?
Old March 28, 2018, 07:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Why so much spite towards religion?
where do you see spite? I do not live and breathe religion that's all I am saying. I am simply not wired to see the world through religious lens - and I don't think that's so bad.

Not only religious talk. Any talk on self improvement by ppl who sells self improvement for living I would not have patience to listen to.

Like I said I go to jummah prayers when time permits - its peaceful but often times khutbas are done by uninteresting people and it's hard to give ear to someone like them. The guy is just doing his job and earning a living and often time parroting copied nonsense.

I was once in a prayer where a 14 year old gave a khutbah telling a mass of not less than 1000 people how to lead their life. What qualification in life does he really have? He doesn't even know 1% of life's struggle. If it is someone like malala - yes i will listen to or the survivors of parkland shooting - you got my ears. But if you are put up there because they managed to find the son of the guy in their comittee and can read english.. but at home plays video games all day. It's an insult.

Everybody's temporary reaction there was "mashallah 14 years old giving khutbah - great great" - not actually listening to content. That guy even touched topic such as relationship - ridiculous! and cringe-worthy.
Old March 28, 2018, 04:03 PM
ODI Cricketer

I definitely think there are too many people that have an unwarranted n undeserved religious authority. Not just grass roots level but global too
Old March 30, 2018, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
BengaliPagol, have you heard of Mad Mamluks? that's also another pretty solid podcast(US Based)
yeah bro we are regular listeners of Mad Mamluks. I talk to SIM actually cos they know about our podcast alhamdullilah. I actually helped them to get an Australian guest on their show which is yet to release. Safina Society is another gun podcast mashAllah feat. Dr Shadee.
Old March 30, 2018, 02:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

yeah we get positive responses alhamdullilah in regards to our podcast content. But i guess podcasts are a very niche market so naturally you wont have big viewership... so I guess something around 1k Youtube views are what we should aim for.

But our downloads arent too bad. We usually get around 300-500 downloads and on average about 200 youtube views.

But yeah your right i guess its about getting big household muslim names and one episode blows up and it may possibly gains traction online. That or just consistently get big guests on our show which slowly builds a loyal viewership base over time.

There is a lot of online marketing that also needs to be involved as well, like a big name facebook page sharing our content on their own page or something like that. Can possibly pay a fb page to do it.

I guess it is about being smart about it all.
Old March 30, 2018, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Everybody's temporary reaction there was "mashallah 14 years old giving khutbah - great great" - not actually listening to content. That guy even touched topic such as relationship - ridiculous! and cringe-worthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
I definitely think there are too many people that have an unwarranted n undeserved religious authority. Not just grass roots level but global too
agreed. And that is actually why we started this podcast in the first place. Sometimes kutbahs are boring and un-engaging. So that is why we have guests that actually talk about high level philosophy, consciousness, rationality, foundations of morality, modernity etc. and link it back to Islam. And obviously we talk about other topics like love, marriage, entrepreneurship etc.
Old March 30, 2018, 04:55 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:

Like I said I go to jummah prayers when time permits - its peaceful but often times khutbas are done by uninteresting people and it's hard to give ear to someone like them. The guy is just doing his job and earning a living and often time parroting copied nonsense.

I was once in a prayer where a 14 year old gave a khutbah telling a mass of not less than 1000 people how to lead their life. What qualification in life does he really have? He doesn't even know 1% of life's struggle. If it is someone like malala - yes i will listen to or the survivors of parkland shooting - you got my ears. But if you are put up there because they managed to find the son of the guy in their comittee and can read english.. but at home plays video games all day. It's an insult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-man
Quote:
agreed. And that is actually why we started this podcast in the first place. Sometimes kutbahs are boring and un-engaging. So that is why we have guests that actually talk about high level philosophy, consciousness, rationality, foundations of morality, modernity etc. and link it back to Islam. And obviously we talk about other topics like love, marriage, entrepreneurship etc.
Yeah, totally agree with you guys...For 9 shameless years throughout the 1980's HuMo Ershad, the most shameless, corrupt, spineless and with complete lack of any spiritual quality in Bangladesh's political history - would lead the Friday al-Jummah prayers' khutba (sermon) at the Baitul Mukarram Mosque while he was the dictator of Bangladesh.
Old March 30, 2018, 07:06 PM
Cricket Legend

we are also available on spotify so you can listen to our content there as well !
Old March 30, 2018, 09:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

I agree with you regarding the lack of emphasis on content. Unfortunately there is a shortage of talented khateeb in a lot of communities, but don’t let that discourage you from going for Jummuah. In Surah Jummuah Allah said, when the Azan for Friday prayer is called rush to the rememberance of Allah. Allah didn’t even call it Salah, He called it the rememberance of Allah. Whenever you go, make that your goal, I am here to remember Allah in whatever capacity I can.

On a side note, East Plano Islamic Center and Valley Ranch Islamic Center in Texas have really good Khateeb for Fridays. I know you are a busy guy, but if you have time you can watch their Khutbahs on youtube. They also stream it live as well.
Old March 30, 2018, 10:38 PM
Cricket Legend

It will be very hard(but not impossible) to find a suitable audience for the topics/themes you are aiming, for. Critical thinking isn't generally encouraged in S.E Asia/Middle East and the Bangladeshi/Arab community in Australia in general....

Psychology 101, is that you need to make your podcasts relatable to the public and that is the first and foremost way you can generate viewership, then slowly and surely you target the more complex themes of conformity, modernity, rationality, philosophy.

And try to do your podcasts live at UTS,UNSW, USyd. You will get alot of audience over there.
Old March 30, 2018, 11:01 PM
Cricket Sage

The deen show is also pretty good it is more if a conversation based dialogue and QA that is more appealing to people
Old March 31, 2018, 07:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Old March 31, 2018, 07:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Nice.... Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren are my favorite designer brands.
Old March 31, 2018, 08:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Nice initiative keep it up.