facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 20, 2007, 06:33 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
What change? Lets go to the other thread. (maramari thread)
ভাবছিলাম ভুল বুঝতে পারছেন। এখন দেখতে পাচ্ছি নতুন পাওয়া টাইটেলের প্রভাব সহজে যাচ্ছে না ।

চলেন অন্য থ্রেডে যাই ।

Old November 20, 2007, 06:36 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

This interview is a team effort. Members helped me a lot in setting up the questions. Hopefully you will continue your cooperation with BanglaCricket and make the forum more interactive.

Thanks to everyone.

Last edited by Miraz; November 20, 2007 at 07:10 PM..
Old November 20, 2007, 06:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Excellent job Miraz bhai keep it up. Who is your next target ?
Old November 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
Excellent job Miraz bhai keep it up. Who is your next target ?
Thanks Mohammed bhai.

Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu.
Old November 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

After reading the interview I got the feeling that durjoy is much more sympathetic towards the older generation of players ie bashar and pilot. If he is represetative of the mindset of the entire selection policy we will see in the next three yesrs I fear that the good work done by our last panel will go to waste and our cricket will go back by 5 years. I hope I am wrong because we have a great coach and good captain at our disposal now. The core group of players should stay the same and that would mean no realistic chance of either bashar or pilot making into the squad unless the youngsters perform awfully and they perform like stars. Only change I would like to see is to make sure aftab is inlcuded in both forms of the game and not labelled an ODI player. Excluding him was criminal in the past and will be so in the present. I for one dont want to see pilot in the squad for new zealand. Bashar might be given a chance as a test batsmen this one last time and if he fails should be asked to retire gracefully.
Old November 20, 2007, 07:15 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by layperson
After reading the interview I got the feeling that durjoy is much more sympathetic towards the older generation of players ie bashar and pilot. If he is represetative of the mindset of the entire selection policy we will see in the next three yesrs I fear that the good work done by our last panel will go to waste and our cricket will go back by 5 years. I hope I am wrong because we have a great coach and good captain at our disposal now. The core group of players should stay the same and that would mean no realistic chance of either bashar or pilot making into the squad unless the youngsters perform awfully and they perform like stars. Only change I would like to see is to make sure aftab is inlcuded in both forms of the game and not labelled an ODI player. Excluding him was criminal in the past and will be so in the present. I for one dont want to see pilot in the squad for new zealand. Bashar might be given a chance as a test batsmen this one last time and if he fails should be asked to retire gracefully.
Could not agree with you. IMO, Durjoy's stance is very rational here.

Quote:
Naimur Rahman: We need a blend of experience and youth, especially in Test cricket. As long as the seniors are physically fit and performing, they will be always considered for selection. Players like Habibul Bashar and Khaled Masud are still required in the Bangladesh team; we should not forget their past contributions on account of their failures in one or two series. At the same time we have to groom their successors as no one can play for an indefinite period. We have good back-ups for Rafique in Enamul Junior and Md. Razzak, Mushfiqur Rahim is slow gaining experience to replace Khaled Masud.

In ODIs and T20 cricket we (the selection panel) have already identified a core group of younger players and we should stick to them for the next couple of years unless someone from outside that group demonstrates extraordinary performances.
Please re-read the boldfaced statement.
Old November 20, 2007, 07:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Thanks Mohammed bhai.

Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu.
The way he handled Siddons issue right from the begining made me certain he is a really clever guy. He will not give you or anyone straight answer.
Miraz Bhai practise hard before you go in to the field with him.
Old November 20, 2007, 07:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Miraz, thank you very much for the interview report! It really was somethin, and I have respect for what the guy had to say.
But personally I really am not satisfied with the Haba issue. I don't think he should go to the NZ tour with his recent form. As Akram Khan also agreed in his interview... experience dosen't count unless you perform!
And honestly, its not about forgetting their past performances or anything. We all respect that and all.. but its just that at this very moment, hes just not the guy that shuold be out there, just like SN.
Old November 20, 2007, 07:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo1974
The way he handled Siddons issue right from the begining made me certain he is a really clever guy. He will not give you or anyone straight answer.
Miraz Bhai practise hard before you go in to the field with him.
lmao!! good one!!
Old November 20, 2007, 07:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Miraz bhai, the following bolded part was taken from you quote in response to my post and this is the exact type of mentality that I was referring to when I said he seems to be sympathetic to the older players ie bashar and pilot.

Players like Habibul Bashar and Khaled Masud are still required in the Bangladesh team; we should not forget their past contributions on account of their failures in one or two series.

I am worried about the way he states that we should not forget their past contributions when we are choosing sides today. That for me does not bode well for Bangladesh cricket. We need to forget about their past glory and accept it when we have better players to take their place.
Old November 20, 2007, 07:47 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Miraz bhai, the following bolded part was taken from you quote in response to my post and this is the exact type of mentality that I was referring to when I said he seems to be sympathetic to the older players ie bashar and pilot.

Players like Habibul Bashar and Khaled Masud are still required in the Bangladesh team; we should not forget their past contributions on account of their failures in one or two series.

I am worried about the way he states that we should not forget their past contributions when we are choosing sides today. That for me does not bode well for Bangladesh cricket. We need to forget about their past glory and accept it when we have better players to take their place.
The reason is very simple.

A player who performed well in the past at international level is more likely to perform again compared to someone who failed to perform in the past. This is why I am all for including Habibul Bashar but strongly against Alok Kapali.

I don't see a problem here as long as he sticks to his own word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naimur Rahman
As long as the seniors are physically fit and performing, they will be always considered for selection.
Old November 20, 2007, 08:42 PM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Thanking Miraz bhai for this small effort for you and great read of an interview for us. Opps i didnt start to read interview yet.
Old November 20, 2007, 09:41 PM

Great job Miraz!

I think Dujoy's comment is well balanced through whole interview. His comment on Bashar was meant on TEST, which is reasonable. But the problem remain since Bashar not performing, and his fitness is in question too. The comment on Tushar and Alok rather seems just a positive gesture, means ... "as long as they perform in domestic level they should be in the list of consideration ..." which is again totally fair. Though I feel relieved the way he categorize those two ...

"Every player is different and does not enjoy the same level of success at different levels."
Old November 20, 2007, 10:00 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Great questions,, honest answers. I am pleased with the mindset Durjoy has which is to reward the performances.. I think this type of approach will ensure that the cricketers do play the 4 day games seriously, start showing better termperment, be creative in both bowling, decision making ( for captains), batting and physical stamina. For Durjoy, he is outspoken along with Rafique. Not so sure about Akram but surely both Akram, Durjoy were great cricketers of their time and would make up the best squad based on experience and youth. Thanks Miraz for arranging this. I beleive the next stop would be Lipu, if you can get a hold of him, to ask about stratetic initiatives of BCB...
Old November 20, 2007, 10:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

Quote:
I sense some favortism in your statement and more subjectivity than objectivity. Also, no good work from our previous selector will not go to waste. You at least need to give the new system and personnel a chance to work beyond NZ trip.

On other note, thanks Miraz for your wonderful work to bring part of the selection house to our forum.
Old November 20, 2007, 11:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
It takes time to change a culture, to put in the infrastructure, etc. We are still in the transition stage and it will take some more time to develop the standard.
Same goes for most of the fans. Thanks. Nice Read. Good Job.
Old November 20, 2007, 11:48 PM
Banned

[quote=layperson;567326]Miraz bhai, the following bolded part was taken from you quote in response to my post and this is the exact type of mentality that I was referring to when I said he seems to be sympathetic to the older players ie bashar and pilot.

quote]

I like Bashar and Pilot. I actually like most senior players...but what I do not understand is that how one can be selected continuously and solely because we want to remember his past contributions.

I think we should bring back our father of the nation to politics. In that way, we can continue with the war against West Pakistan, and we'll all be happy.

Old November 21, 2007, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Miraz man I was uptill 1:30 AM on this one! Wife almost banished me to the couch!!!.
রজব ভাইঃ অনেক ধন্যবাদ...শেয়ার করার জন্য!
রাতটা কি পূরনিমার...।?!!
Old November 21, 2007, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Same goes for most of the fans.
আমি আর আপনি এই দল-এ নাই, তাই না?!
Old November 21, 2007, 02:30 AM

মিরাজ ভাই...অভিনন্দন...
...আবার কেরামতি দেখানর জন্য

Last edited by kalpurush; November 21, 2007 at 02:36 AM..
Old November 21, 2007, 03:01 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ash,Shakib,Dhiman

Quote:

Totally agree with you.

It's very worrying that one of the selectors is really thinking in that line. Past contribution should have nothing to do with present selection. Our senior players are not like Ganguly who was of internatioanl class and wanted to make a comeback and everyone knew he had what it takes to be successful in international cricket. In the case of Bashar and Mashud, they were club cricketers who made good transition to international cricket but were always limited and had some sucess(very limited in the case of Mashud).

Just look at how Australian selectors treated Bevan. Look at how they made Langer to move on to get the space for Jacques. They build a team that`s going to produce the results now and in the future. Past success has very little to do with most Australian selectiions.

There is also a fine line between past contribution and being successful in the past. Mashud had past contribitions but he was never that successful in international cricket(batting wise). The same goes with Bashar in ODIs.

Selecting Mashud again in place of Mushfiqur would be the biggest mistake they would be making. They must have a vision for the future and should stick to it.
Old November 21, 2007, 05:17 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Thanks everyone for your comments.

It was refreshing to see some honest comments made by Durjoy.

I guess about the senior players issue he is a bit diplomatic in answers and that's not unexpected.
Old November 21, 2007, 05:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Cracker of an interview! Thanks Miraz bhai, cause it had all the questions which I wanted to ask!
Old November 21, 2007, 06:47 AM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Great interview Miraz, thanks for your continuous effort.
Old November 21, 2007, 07:58 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Thanks Israr and Hatebreed bhai.

This is for the members who have joined recently and haven't read our previous interviews with former national skippers..

First one.
BanglaCricket Exclusive: An interview with Khaled Mahmud

Second one
“A big man with a big heart” – An exclusive interview with Akram Khan

Third one
An interview with Aminul Islam Bulbul