facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old September 14, 2009, 12:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Brees 6 TDs. wow!!

Old September 14, 2009, 12:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

NY Giants have quite possibly the best Offensive and Defensive lines in football. They should win the NFC East.

Poor McNabb. Injury always with him. How about Delhomme? Guy is just a turn over machine.

Brees will put up giddy numbers once again. Unlike last year, Saints should go to the playoffs.

I really enjoyed the NFL REDZONE channel. Since, the Steelers were off yesterday, I was able to pretty much watch every game yesterday courtesy NFL RedZone. Its addictive.
Old September 14, 2009, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Liton Das

I dunno guys, the NFC East is pretty strong. I think the Giants are going to take a step back this year. On the other hand, I can see both the Eagles and Cowboys going all the way...

I can see them making the Wildcards though...
Old September 14, 2009, 02:45 PM
Cricket Guru

For Cowboys to make it, Romo has to prove that he can play well in Nov-Dec, the stretch months, something he hasn't been able to do so far. He is always hot in Sep-Oct. Giants are strong fundamentally and play well in late season during tough weather months. Redskins are the odd team out once again IMO. Anyway, too early for any prediction business. Injuries can wreck havoc to a team.
Old September 14, 2009, 03:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Kris Jenkings OMG ... thats a grown man he threw down

J
E
T
S

JETS-JETS-JETS

Tom Brady is dead Man Walking Next Week, I wish we played the Vikings too would knock Favre into Retirement and Stop AD too.

Our Defense is Real Good, Revis the best CB in the league.

10-6, 9-7 with Sanchez taking his bumps along the way.

Jints look good, the thing is Eli doesn't play great in the Cold Weather ... He plays great when the weather is Warm. There Coming out of the NFC this year, Corey Webster can end Favre Career a 2nd Time. 13-3, 14-2.

Last edited by cricman; September 14, 2009 at 03:22 PM..
Old September 14, 2009, 04:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
J
E
T
S

JETS-JETS-JETS

Tom Brady is dead Man Walking Next Week, I wish we played the Vikings too would knock Favre into Retirement and Stop AD too.

Our Defense is Real Good, Revis the best CB in the league.

10-6, 9-7 with Sanchez taking his bumps along the way.

Jints look good, the thing is Eli doesn't play great in the Cold Weather ... He plays great when the weather is Warm. There Coming out of the NFC this year, Corey Webster can end Favre Career a 2nd Time. 13-3, 14-2.
Its the same old dance every year. It hasn't happened in 40 years, I bet this is the year. Jenkins IS a monster, though.
Old September 14, 2009, 09:31 PM
Cricket Legend

phew! That was a close one. Expected Brady to look shaky, just not that shaky. Defense (especially the pass rush) was poor as well. Again, to be expected as this was the first game after the defense revamp, but not too reassuring nonetheless...

On the other hand, the Bills were on a mission. They looked A LOT better than everyone expected. Based on that performance, I'm thinking the Bills are going to finish above the Dolphins this year...
Old September 14, 2009, 09:57 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

We don't have much to celebrate. So 8 rushes 51 yards already. Russell is drive killer. Already threw an interception.
Old September 14, 2009, 10:49 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
Its the same old dance every year. It hasn't happened in 40 years, I bet this is the year. Jenkins IS a monster, though.
You going down next week
Old September 14, 2009, 11:05 PM
Cricket Sage

i don't know if i mentioned this here or not, i met vince wilfork this year. damn he's huge. i don't know how players in that size can actually play football, its amazing. i also met benny boy last year.
Old September 15, 2009, 07:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhad
phew! That was a close one. Expected Brady to look shaky, just not that shaky. Defense (especially the pass rush) was poor as well. Again, to be expected as this was the first game after the defense revamp, but not too reassuring nonetheless...

On the other hand, the Bills were on a mission. They looked A LOT better than everyone expected. Based on that performance, I'm thinking the Bills are going to finish above the Dolphins this year...
Bills just choked. That's what losing does. You forget how to win against a team that has your number. Anyway, like you said, its the first game. Patriots defense has room to improve.

cricman : Jets are playoff bound. Revis is awesome. He played in my neck of the woods at PITT.
Old September 15, 2009, 01:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Now watching all the "supposedly" stong team in week one, I am feeling much better. There is still hope for NYG and Baltimore to be something special.

Almost all the top team kind of struggled in their win. From that POV a win was improtant in week 1, and thats what NYG and Raven did.

Philly was dominent but they lost key player for few weeks.
Old September 15, 2009, 04:56 PM
Cricket Guru

Barry Retired cause he knew Lions Ownership didn't care about winning
Old September 16, 2009, 02:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushfiqur Rahim

Falcons son! We dominated them Dolphins. carolina is next...
Old September 18, 2009, 10:43 AM
Cricket Guru

War or words between Jets and Pats. Loving it. Most interesting game of the week.
Old September 18, 2009, 07:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
War or words between Jets and Pats. Loving it. Most interesting game of the week.
Not really The first part at least. I agree it will be interesting. The "war of words" has been pretty one sided if you ask me. The Pats usually do their talking on the field. I knew Tubby Rex would energize their fan base with all his verbal diarrhea, but he's setting them up for disappointment. No point treating Week 2 as a superbowl. And yeah, they actually said that they were...

Don't get me wrong. I think the Jets have a fair shot at winning. I certainly woudnt be surprised. I actually like Sanchez. Its just that all this talk about "embarrassing the Patriots" before the fact doesnt seem too classy. And to think that they've just won one game against a bad Texans side... I wonder how they'd be if they had the Pats, or even Steelers level of success
Old September 19, 2009, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

I agree Farhad. It has been one sided, but deep inside, I am sure the Pats are fuming. It makes for a great show. I did find the Superbowl talk funny in week 2! But, what you gonna do? Deprivation has a weird effect on people. Not a big fan of Rex. Good Defensive guy. We had our battles for a long time. He used to get his Ravens all fired up before they played us. But, like TB said, "talk is cheap", and most of the times we handed it to the Ravens. Reminds me of Anthony Smith a few years ago. Not only he lost his starting place in the team after that infamous quote, he was cut last year! Talk is only good if you back it up.

Anyway, we face Bears. We can't run the ball at all. It has become a spread offense with Ben winging it. Not sure if this will work two years in a row, but, it is early and plenty of time to rectify it.

Notable games : Giants-Cowboys. Eagles-Saints. Ravens-Chargers.
Old September 21, 2009, 12:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Jerry Jones wanted to jump off that scoreboard of his after that Final ... Eli is just a cool customer when it comes to the 2 minute offense.

Umm Yeah Tom Brady got his like 25 times ... I love Rex's D, He doesn't believe in the prevent and Revis shut Moss down. We took the training wheels off Sanchez in the 2nd Half and he was Money.

I'm excited about this team, haven't had a D like this in along time
Old September 21, 2009, 09:38 AM
Cricket Guru

You should be excited. Jets are a strong team. Rex knows how to play defense and Jets has good players. Again, its week 2, but the indications are good. I think Brady is still rusty. I really do.

We lost a close one. Who would have thought Jeff Reed would miss two field goals in a row? Very weird. Its one game we had no business losing, but things happen. Troy's absence was so clear. Teams are targeting the replacement safety. I would too.
Old September 21, 2009, 09:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Jerry Jones wanted to jump off that scoreboard of his after that Final ... Eli is just a cool customer when it comes to the 2 minute offense.

Umm Yeah Tom Brady got his like 25 times ... I love Rex's D, He doesn't believe in the prevent and Revis shut Moss down. We took the training wheels off Sanchez in the 2nd Half and he was Money.

I'm excited about this team, haven't had a D like this in along time
I dont blame you. Something tells me this division is going to get a lot more interesting over the next five years or so. Rex seems like the real deal. Sanchez didnt have a bad outing either. I'm glad. Its hard not to root for a fresh faced kid with so much potential...

He'll get his when he comes to Gillette Stadium though. Dont want him to get too cocky
Old September 21, 2009, 02:19 PM
Cricket Sage

wow what a week !!!!

NYG won... Ravens won... even TE's Raiders won.

On the other hand Cowboys lost, Eagles lost, Steeler lost, and NE lost.

Team are still setting for first few weeks. However for first 8 weeks its all about win... ugly or not... win at all cost .... and NYG and Ravens just did that for last 2 weeks. now is the time to make sure that teams solidify their position in their group.

After 10th week, that's the time I will be looking for who are the real deal to go all the way. Its better to play your best at the end of the regular league and take it to the play-off than playing too good too early beginning of the season and fade away at the end.

Thats why I am kind of happy that NYG are winning these ugly wins...still few key players are injured... specially the secondary...plus new defensive coordinator....and new group of wide receivers who will take time to play their best.... so there is still a chance that NYG will be a very good team.

Last edited by Fazal; September 22, 2009 at 08:01 AM..
Old September 22, 2009, 02:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Burress is an idiot and deserves a Darwin award for his stupidity.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old September 22, 2009, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

I love how no one is talking about the best team in the NFL: The Atlanta Falcons.
Old September 22, 2009, 10:36 AM
Cricket Guru

No team is the best or the worst after only two weeks. So, you have to wait a bit. By midway through the schedule, if you keep on winning, plenty of people will talk about you. Falcons are definitely on the right path. No doubt about that.
Old September 22, 2009, 11:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
No team is the best or the worst after only two weeks. So, you have to wait a bit. By midway through the schedule, if you keep on winning, plenty of people will talk about you. Falcons are definitely on the right path. No doubt about that.
Umm I think we only have to wait 1 more week. After the Falcons crush Brady and the Pats at their own house, I'm sure we will finally start getting the respect we deserve. Falcons 38 Pats 10.