facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old November 28, 2014, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444

I think Al-Amin, Rubel and Shafiul belong in the same category. Good pacers by our standard but not internationally.

Abul's still a raw pacer. He has potential but hes behind the rest. Didn't bowl badly today but his consistency in line and length need improvement.
I would argue Rubel is very decent in the ODIs -even by international standard. He averages 32 which is by no means shoddy. Rubel is still not 25 and mostly been bowling on our slow and low pitches so far in his career. If he works hard and works on his length i.e not bowling short, he will get us bucket-loads wickets in pace friendly conditions. I, also, reckon he is capable of bowling a yard faster and consistently hitting 140k and beyond. I see a vast improvement in Rubel over the last couple of years while still learning the art of fast bowling. Rubel is an exciting prospect and still a work in progress. As we know most fast bowlers hit their peak around 28 - 30. I also see a change in his attitude this days. He is becoming a little more aggressive -as opposed to being a "shy boy"- which is very much needed as a pace bowler.

Taskin and Abul are also extremely exciting prospects in their own ways. The pace stock of Bangladesh doesn't look all that shubby -all of a sudden. I am also terribly excited by this young left arm pacer Mostafizur Rahman who had a very good U19 world Cup. You may say I'm easily excitable.

Old November 28, 2014, 02:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I would argue Rubel is very decent in the ODIs -even by international standard. He averages 32 which is by no means shoddy. Rubel is still not 25 and mostly been bowling on our slow and low pitches so far in his career. If he works hard and works on his length i.e not bowling short, he will get us bucket-loads wickets in pace friendly conditions. I, also, reckon he is capable of bowling a yard faster and consistently hitting 140k and beyond. I see a vast improvement in Rubel over the last couple of years while still learning the art of fast bowling. Rubel is an exciting prospect and still a work in progress. As we know most fast bowlers hit their peak around 28 - 30. I also see a change in his attitude this days. He is becoming a little more aggressive -as opposed to being a "shy boy"- which is very much needed as a pace bowler.

Taskin and Abul are also extremely exciting prospects in their own ways. The pace stock of Bangladesh doesn't look all that shubby -all of a sudden. I am also terribly excited by this young left arm pacer Mostafizur Rahman who had a very good U19 world Cup. You may say I'm easily excitable.
I should've said decent international pacers regarding Rubel, Shafiul and Al-Amin. They aren't world class but yes they have good numbers when it comes to ODIs.

I agree that Rubel is a work in progress and surely but slowly is improving. He does have a long ways to go as a Test bowler but hes been one of our top options in ODIs without a doubt. I'd put Shafiul and Al-Amin right up there as well. These 3 are capable of giving good service to BD cricket for years to come.

I also agree Taskin and Abul are rare prospects for us. They have good builds as well which is often rare for our pace prospects. Also they have good pace to combine that.

Overall our pace attack honestly isn't too bad for ODIs. With the combo of Mash, Rubel, Shafiul, Al-Amin and prospects such as Taskin and Abul we should do decent in the pace department in the WC