facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2005, 01:30 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Current BCB Board not Legal?!

The Court has postponed a Writ against the validity of the Board of Directors of BCB... hence the Board regains it's authority.. but unfortunately only 3 monthes remains of their Legal time period..
:duh:
Authority of the then elected Board (in Aug, 2002)was sacked by the court due to a writ petition by a BCB councillor Rafiqul Islam, and the Court ordered immediate re-election... but, it seems that, President Ali Asgar Loby has been intensionally delaying the election for the last 2 years.. in which period BCB has been run by a 11 member Advisory board (we all know who are they).

After 2 and half years of time.. the court withdraws it's complains.. and declares the previous Elected Board as Valid!

I wonder what it was... was it because the Board was elected during previous govt. or sometihng??

sotti.... ki bichitro ei desh!!

Read the news: Prothom Alo

Edited on, February 27, 2005, 6:35 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

Old February 27, 2005, 08:06 PM
Club Cricketer

Default BCB & Team Performance

Will the probable change(s) in the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) affect the performance of the Bangladesh Cricket Team(s) ?
Old February 27, 2005, 08:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Yes, it will.
Performance can go either way - Good or Bad! Everything depends on how the new selectors select the team, IMHO.
Old February 27, 2005, 09:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tasin
Will the probable change(s) in the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) affect the performance of the Bangladesh Cricket Team(s) ?
I don't think so.
Old February 27, 2005, 09:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by cisco-guy
Yes, it will.
Performance can go either way - Good or Bad! Everything depends on how the new selectors select the team, IMHO.
I didn't realize there's going to be new selectors. Are you sure about this.
Old February 27, 2005, 09:26 PM
Cricket Sage

So Ali Asgar Bhai was Bhu-aa...
Old February 27, 2005, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

wait. new selectors? am i missing something? should i actually be paying attention to the thread opened on bcb getting its directors back? (i usually dont give a damn about official matters in cricket - esp cricket board problems - which is why i didnt read much into the subject)

Edited on, February 28, 2005, 2:28 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Old February 27, 2005, 09:34 PM
Club Cricketer

not at all
Old February 27, 2005, 09:40 PM
Test Cricketer

What does it all mean? Are we going to have a whole new set of faces?
Old February 27, 2005, 09:41 PM
Test Cricketer

What about selectors and coaches? Are their contracts still valid?
Old February 27, 2005, 10:16 PM
Club Cricketer

Change of Directors just might also see changes in selectors. Anyway, apart from changes in selectors in particular, what I meant was, is there any possibility that changes in directors will have any affect in team performance ?

There were comments by the (probable) new directors (source: Daily Ittefaq, dated 28 Feb 05) that they will look into the recent past financial and administrative matters if they regain their status. Also, as it has almost become a tradition in Bangladesh to change whatever is done by predecessors (good or bad, doesn't matter), it cast doubt as to the smooth performance of the Board (at least for a little while). This in turn might have an effect on team activities, including performance.
Old February 28, 2005, 12:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Selectors and coaches are staff member employed by the board and they are not part of "Board" Administration. All appointments and contracts made by the court-appointed interim authority is valid. Coach appointments are done by contracts and thus the new administration can not breach them without proper reason or without paying penalty. But the new admin has the authority to dissolve the selection committee any time.

But we should all know, the elected direcotrs are long-time sports organizers...political affiliation is not their sole identification. So, there should not be any fear of barrier imposed by them on current development processes.
Old February 28, 2005, 03:05 AM
Test Cricketer

Who cares about legality or illegality?? I plainly want BD cricket team to have a strong supporting administration, and no politicking...

In fact, Ali Asgar and his team has done well.. They have given all the freedom to selectors and the coach.. This should be commendable..

Now what we need from both sides is understanding and patriotism. We cannot forget our cricket just because of petty administrative posts..

May Allah help us!! I forsee another two-party fighting ground in BCB now...
Old February 28, 2005, 03:22 AM
Cricket Legend

We don't want to end up like Kenya...
Old February 28, 2005, 07:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tasin
Change of Directors just might also see changes in selectors. Anyway, apart from changes in selectors in particular, what I meant was, is there any possibility that changes in directors will have any affect in team performance ?

In that case it definitely will. It is a disruption of the normal process (whatever normalcy there is) and it may tricle down to the players' level. I'm hoping that I'm wrong though.
Old February 28, 2005, 10:36 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I don't think what has happened will affect our cricket in any negative way.. rather what had happened 2 and a half years back (sacking authority of a systematically eleted board of directors and probably putting govt.-favored board of advisors to run BCB) was the bad thing that really happened.

As far as it shows... the elcted board of directors (which just regained it's authority) is composed of respected professionals... so I think it will would only hav benifited our cricket if they were in charge for the last 2.5 years... and now they only hav 3 monthes left.

They are probably going to have some official procedures before they hand over after 3 monthes. Best of luck.
Old March 1, 2005, 10:19 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Something like this was always behind the scene..

Prothom Alo

Update news: Supreme court has withheld the high-court ruling and Loby has ordered the current committee to contiune till next Board Election after 3 monthes. Strange instance of Govt Itself appealing against a court ruling in favor of the govt itself.
Old March 1, 2005, 10:23 AM
First Class Cricketer

will it affect our progreess