facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 11, 2013, 09:05 PM
First Class Cricketer

More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/windiescricket

Jubair Hossair after Hatrick

Old October 11, 2013, 09:14 PM

Nice to see kids are doing good! MaCInnes would be proud to see his boys bounced back. Where can we find the scorecard and match report?
Old October 11, 2013, 09:40 PM
First Class Cricketer

Match Report

http://www.windiescricket.com/news/w...p-against-spin
Old October 11, 2013, 09:41 PM
First Class Cricketer

Tiger friends!!

Well again i'll say well done to your lads for winning the game. But people still need to be reminded that once again our STUPID COACHES did NOT play the same eleven that won the first game so easily.

This was the side that won the first game..

Chanderpaul
Lugg
Solozano
Coleman (wk)
Gabriel
Allen
Lewis
Jordan
Joseph
Moti-Kanhai
Mindley

LINK

Now here is the shambolic team that played today!!..

Solozano
Lugg
Gabriel
Lewis
Coleman
Hetmyer (wk)
Allen
Archer
Charles
Jones
Joseph

The ones in bold weren't in the team for the first game!!..four players is almost half the team. And the most effected area today was the attack!!..

Now don't get me wrong!!..Bangledash have performed very well!!..but when our u19 coaches are playing musical chairs with the top order and bowling attack, switching captains and then even changing wicket-keepers game by game it isn't conducive to building a good side and getting good performances out of them.

I watched the game today and to be honest i switched off when Bangledash were 59/1 after 17 overs. I could tell this attack just wasn't good enough without Mindley, Jordan and especially the spinner Moti-kanhai!!..

Next game i fully expect to see the best team we can put on the park now!!..ENOUGH of the "rotation system"...if it was up to me i'd pick..

Chanderpaul
Solozano
Allen
Coleman
Pooran (wk)
Gabriel
Lewis (c) or Hetmyer
Jordan
Mindley
Joseph
Moti-Kanhai

The arrival of Pooran should really make a positive impact on our batting order as he is without question one of the top three batters in this squad!!..

In closing there can be no excuses now!!..it's must win in the next game and if we play our best side and STILL lose then it's fair to say the batch we have this year just isn't up to it!!..but like i said after we won the first game..the most important thing is HOW MANY OF THESE YOUNGSTERS WILL RISE UP TO THE SENIOR TEAM? that's all that matters in the end and out of these kids i can see at least four of five for sure which bodes well.
Old October 11, 2013, 10:04 PM

Thanks Warrior for the match report, and thanks WindieFan for your 'Heart Report'. There would be ups and downs since these are all kids, nevertheless we all here want to see good contest. Looking forward to coming games, as well as your input on the games here on BC.
Old October 11, 2013, 10:19 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Tiger friends!!

Well again i'll say well done to your lads for winning the game. But people still need to be reminded that once again our STUPID COACHES did NOT play the same eleven that won the first game so easily.
Windie Friend!!!!

there is a thread in our forum called "username change", plz request there to change your user name to excuse king!!!
Old October 11, 2013, 10:52 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Windie Friend!!!!

there is a thread in our forum called "username change", plz request there to change your user name to excuse king!!!
LOL come on now!!..i was just stating the FACTS!!..if we play our best side and we still contrive to lose then fair enough!!..there won't be any excuses from me!! .
Old October 12, 2013, 12:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

Asif would say - no biriyani if they can't win by more than 200
Old October 12, 2013, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
LOL come on now!!..i was just stating the FACTS!!..if we play our best side and we still contrive to lose then fair enough!!..there won't be any excuses from me!! .
Facts? The players that make up the best team is a subjective thing, it is not fact. I could just as easily say this BD team is the worst in history yet your boys are losing the series and that's a fact. But just because I say that doesn't make it fact.
Old October 12, 2013, 12:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

windiesfan making it look that their 4 Pacers ate the famous 4. pun intended
Old October 12, 2013, 12:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Quote:
Tiger friends!!..what are your expectations of this series? To win it? When youngsters are facing what is likely to be the best pace attack in the next u19 world cup it's always gonna be tough whether you're Bangledash, India, England etc. Obviously it's the first game and the more they play the more they'll take to the conditions, but if they still can't handle the pace like we saw today then it's gonna be a LONG six games ahead for them.

Winning games is nice but the aim really should be to see two or three of your players stand out whether it's a batsman getting 50 or above or a bowler taking 5fer etc, really that's what i look for at the A-team and u19 levels!!..if a potential star rises up in those games then the result really doesn't matter to me.

I'm happy our boys won but more important than that was the performance of 16 year old pacer Azzari Joseph who took 3/33, while Lugg got a good 50!!..it's all about seeing who will be part of the senior team in the future for me.

But anyway like i said no need to be too harsh on your guys!!..our last batch of u19s beat Australia four times in a row (once being in their own backyard), beat the champions India, beat Pakistan and Sri-lanka etc, so it was never gonna be easy for Bangledash on this tour.
Lol....lol....lol....

Muhahahahaha

Old October 12, 2013, 12:47 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

The strongest WI U19 ever concedes nearly 300 runs and bowled out for just more than 50 !

Our youngest and weakest U19 isnt that bad at all then, Windiesfan?

Thanks for the report and pic Warrior. This certainly adds to this forum and much appreciated...thanks
Old October 12, 2013, 12:49 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Woah! That was a huge win! This U-19 team isn't even that good. I hope Windies put out their strongest XI for the remaining games so the players can gain good experience. It doesn't do anyone any good beating weakened sides.

This is both Bangladesh's biggest win and WI's biggest defeat in terms of runs.
Old October 12, 2013, 12:57 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Facts? The players that make up the best team is a subjective thing, it is not fact. I could just as easily say this BD team is the worst in history yet your boys are losing the series and that's a fact. But just because I say that doesn't make it fact.
The evidence is CONCLUSIVE from the first game is it not? We won it easily!!..then the stupid coaches went and changed the team around for the next two games of which we have lost, what does that tell you?
Old October 12, 2013, 01:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The evidence is CONCLUSIVE from the first game is it not? We won it easily!!..then the stupid coaches went and changed the team around for the next two games of which we have lost, what does that tell you?
All it tells me that the baby tigers were still jetlagged. And your team depth is really shallow. And we should not count our chickens before they are hatched. And pride comes before a fall. And the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:01 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Manc
Woah! That was a huge win! This U-19 team isn't even that good. I hope Windies put out their strongest XI for the remaining games so the players can gain good experience. It doesn't do anyone any good beating weakened sides.

This is both Bangladesh's biggest win and WI's biggest defeat in terms of runs.
I'm glad someone has seen the light!!..our coaches have messed around with the team in order to "experiment", it's been utterly stupid. We've even had TWO CAPTAINS (Lewis and Solozano) IN ONE GAME (one innings each)!! . The whole thing is a mess and i'd expect some serious action to be taken over the next few days.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:02 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Nothing quite like having a Bangladeshi legspinner take a hattrick!
Old October 12, 2013, 01:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
All it tells me that the baby tigers were still jetlagged. And your team depth is really shallow. And we should not count our chickens before they are hatched. And pride comes before a fall. And the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
"Jetlagged"? Erm they'd been in the caribbean for several days already and even played a warm match against Guyana!! .
Old October 12, 2013, 01:05 AM
First Class Cricketer

And Tiger Friends!!..another thing we MUST consider is the ground which has hosted the games thus far is very much like Bangledash wickets!!..Bourda is flat and spin friendly!!..the next games i believe will be at Albian which may provide more for the pacers.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
"Jetlagged"? Erm they'd been in the caribbean for several days already and even played a warm match against Guyana!! .
Dude. Did you read past that first line. I was just giving you excuses to balance yours.

Anyway / hoping for a competitive tour but I doubt it.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
And Tiger Friends!!..another thing we MUST consider is the ground which has hosted the games thus far is very much like Bangledash wickets!!..Bourda is flat and spin friendly!!..the next games i believe will be at Albian which may provide more for the pacers.
What is going to be your next excuse?
Old October 12, 2013, 01:10 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Damn, if the pitches are gonna be pace friendly, we gonna lose big time homie. Maybe we should forfeit and come home, play danguli with Ganguly.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

I like WindieFan. Has a MASSIVE heart.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
How is one match conclusive? Losing the next 2 games means your bench strength is poor especially since this BD u19 team isn't a very good one.
Old October 12, 2013, 01:34 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
I like WindieFan. Has a MASSIVE heart.
He reminds me of us.