facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 20, 2012, 02:08 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players
Default Match thread: Bangladesh A Team vs West Indies Four Day Match September 22, 2012 (9:30 AM BDT | 3:30 AM GMT) - September 25, 2012 (5:30 PM B

Bangladesh A Team vs West Indies HP 2nd Four Day Match
September 22, 2012 (9:30 AM BDT | 3:30 AM GMT) - September 25, 2012 (5:30 PM BDT | 11:30 AM GMT)
Academy has failed now hoping better fight from the A team boys.
Regular update on:
1. http://www.tigercricket.com/
2.http://digicricket.marssil.com/

Old September 20, 2012, 02:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against the West Indies HP Squad

The Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against touring West Indies High Performance Squad is as follows:
Roqibul Hasan (Captain)
Imrul Kayes (Vice Captain)
Shahriar Nafees
Nasiruddin Faruque
Anamul Haque
Mominul Haque
Naeem Islam
Farhad Hossain
Shahadat Hossain
Nazmul Hossain
Kamrul Islam Rabbi
Enamul Haque (Jr.)
Saqlain Sajib
Dhiman Ghosh

Sagicor HPC Squad 2012

Marlon Barclay – Trinidad & Tobago (LHB)

Jermaine Blackwood – Jamaica (RHB/Right Arm Off Spin)

Carlos Brathwaite – Barbados (RHB/Right Arm Fast Medium)

Yannic Cariah – Trinidad & Tobago (RHB/Right Arm Leg Spin)

Johnson Charles – St Lucia (RHB/WKT)

Sheldon Cotterell – Jamaica (RHB/Left Arm Fast)

Miguel Cummins – Barbados (LHB/Right Arm Fast)

Jason Dawes – Jamaica (RHB/Right Arm Fast)

Andre Fletcher – Grenada (RHB/WKT)

Dawnley Grant – St Vincent (RHB/Right Arm Fast)

Trevon Griffith – Guyana (LHB)

Kyle Hope – Barbados (RHB/Right Arm Off Spin)

Jahmar Hamilton – Anguilla (RHB/WKT)

Keddy Lesporis – St Lucia (RHB/Right Arm Off Spin)

Kjorn Ottley – Trinidad & Tobago (LHB/Left Arm Chinaman)

Jomel Warrican – Barbados (LHB/Left Arm Orthodox Spin)
Old September 21, 2012, 12:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Match will start tomorrow but did not get any news anywhere about the match. My playing 11 :

Imrul Kayes
Shahriar Nafees
Anamul Haque
Rock
Mominul Haque
Naeem Islam
Dhiman
Shahadat Hossain
Nazmul Hossain
Enamul Haque (Jr.)
Saqlain Sajib

* I will miss Shohag in place of Saqlain.
Old September 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

^Saqlain's a very good bowler too bhai. I don't see us missing Shohag much. I'm mainly worried about our batting.
Old September 21, 2012, 05:42 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

batting will be tough with imrul, nafees and rock in the top 4.
Old September 21, 2012, 06:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

অনুশীলনে শাহাদাত হোসেনের বাউন্সারে আঘাত পেয়েছিলেন শাহরিয়ার নাফীস।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...22/news/291681

Shahriar Nafis was struck by a Shahadat Hossain bouncer. Though Abir returned to practice the day after, it will be decided today whether he will be in starting line up or not. After the 4-day match. "A" Team will play 3 OD and 2 T-20 against Sagicor HP squad. All matches will be played in home of cricket SBNCS, Mirpur.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

How many times has Shahadat hit someone on the head with a bouncer? I think we need to tally this up.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:22 PM
Cricket Guru

In that case, Faruque would probably come in for SN. Hope SN will be able to play
Old September 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
^Saqlain's a very good bowler too bhai. I don't see us missing Shohag much. I'm mainly worried about our batting.
yeah i don't think we'll miss to much in quality with sajib in there instead of sohag but i think it's important to develop other types of spinners other than SLAs so we might not be missing much in this match but giving sohag more chances here could be more beneficial in the future for the national team being that he's an offie rather than an SLA and if we want our bench options to perform well from the get go we need to give them these experiences.

who would be closer to a national team birth? hard to say what the selectors are thinking but we have less off spinners around the national team so sohag for that reason could be quite close. sajib has to contend with shakib, sunny, enamul, shaker etc. sohag doesn't have many other of spinning brothers to get through.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
In that case, Faruque would probably come in for SN. Hope SN will be able to play
why wasn't SS picked? did well in the last match, done reasonably well domestically, not such a good u19 WC but must have found some form last match to get those runs. can't believe they are continuing with rock either, imrul gets in due to lack of opening depth (though SS should be there to) but we have a number of middle order talents worth giving experience to more than rock.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:31 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Hope we bat first and bat BIG.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 21, 2012, 07:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
why wasn't SS picked? did well in the last match, done reasonably well domestically, not such a good u19 WC but must have found some form last match to get those runs. can't believe they are continuing with rock either, imrul gets in due to lack of opening depth (though SS should be there to) but we have a number of middle order talents worth giving experience to more than rock.
Same reason Taskin wasn't picked. SS would walk into our Test side and Taskin probably would too but they are being developed and nurtured through Academy and then A side. My guess is they won't debut until 2014 at the earliest. Anamul, Mominul might pop up in the WI series. Asif is off the rader for now.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 21, 2012, 07:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
Same reason Taskin wasn't picked. SS would walk into our Test side and Taskin probably would too but they are being developed and nurtured through Academy and then A side. My guess is they won't debut until 2014 at the earliest. Anamul, Mominul might pop up in the WI series. Asif is off the rader for now.
i'm fine with nurturing and developing, but i don't understand why a player can't play for the A team just because they're in the academy. if they warrant selection they should get it, from an experience stand point it would do them a world of good even if they don't do that well and that's an experience they can use to develop even more. a bit surprising how asif has been completely lost in the shuffle, probably due to his u19 WC campaign but still, it's just one tournament.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Probably they want SS to play more Academy matches and get trained by Mcinnes before he's brought in to the A team.
Old September 21, 2012, 07:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Probably they want SS to play more Academy matches and get trained by Mcinnes before he's brought in to the A team.
no problem with that but as i said above i don't see any reason why he can't do both. A team matches don't come along very often so it wouldn't infringe to much on time in the academy.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
no problem with that but as i said above i don't see any reason why he can't do both. A team matches don't come along very often so it wouldn't infringe to much on time in the academy.
Agreed. The likes of SN, Imrul, and Faruque have gotten chances already and haven't risen from the fringes. With a young quality top order batsman coming in, he could've gotten a chance.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
First Class Cricketer

Word is there's gonna be changes to the side that played the Bang academy, it's been confirmed that Warrican (left-arm spinner), Cotterrell (left-arm fast), Grant (right-arm fast) and Blackwood (middle order batsman who bowls off spin) will come into the side, who they replace is a mystery right now but i'd guess our team will be..

Fletcher
Griffith
Barcley
Hope
Lesporis
Blackwood
Hamilton (wk)
Brathwaite (c)
Cotterrell
Grant
Warrican

So the ones who could miss out are Ottley, Cariah, Permaul, Dawes and Cummins, would be a risk though considering Cariah and Permaul got 14 of the 19 wickets we took in the first match, but i guess they just wanna give some other players some experience which is what this tour is about at the end of the day, not totally sure Cariah won't play though, right now it's just speculation,

But if that team does play it's a well balanced side and the pace department would be vastly improved from the one that played the academy, Cotterrell is a very fast and hostile bowler, tall aswell, he's the one people are excited about so it will be interesting to see how he does, Grant hasn't played for his regional senior side yet due to suffering bad injuries for the last five years, but apparently at u19 level he was rated as highly as Roach, the story about him getting into the academy is quite interesting though because the rumours suggest he was used as a net bowler when Australia toured the caribbean earlier this year and he really roughed them up, Ottis Gibson saw it and his jaw dropped, so thats why he's with the academy now despite not playing a senior game yet for Winwards,

All in all i expect it to be a tough game and may the best team win, hopefuly there won't be any rain around this time because that cost us dearly in the last game.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
Cricket Guru

interested to see how cotterrell goes, heard about him over the last year or 2. if grant is touted as much as roach then good things are coming for the windies pace department.
Old September 21, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
Word is there's gonna be changes to the side that played the Bang academy, it's been confirmed that Warrican (left-arm spinner), Cotterrell (left-arm fast), Grant (right-arm fast) and Blackwood (middle order batsman who bowls off spin) will come into the side, who they replace is a mystery right now but i'd guess our team will be..

Fletcher
Griffith
Barcley
Hope
Lesporis
Blackwood
Hamilton (wk)
Brathwaite (c)
Cotterrell
Grant
Warrican

So the ones who could miss out are Ottley, Cariah, Permaul, Dawes and Cummins, would be a risk though considering Cariah and Permaul got 14 of the 19 wickets we took in the first match, but i guess they just wanna give some other players some experience which is what this tour is about at the end of the day, not totally sure Cariah won't play though, right now it's just speculation,

But if that team does play it's a well balanced side and the pace department would be vastly improved from the one that played the academy, Cotterrell is a very fast and hostile bowler, tall aswell, he's the one people are excited about so it will be interesting to see how he does, Grant hasn't played for his regional senior side yet due to suffering bad injuries for the last five years, but apparently at u19 level he was rated as highly as Roach, the story about him getting into the academy is quite interesting though because the rumours suggest he was used as a net bowler when Australia toured the caribbean earlier this year and he really roughed them up, Ottis Gibson saw it and his jaw dropped, so thats why he's with the academy now despite not playing a senior game yet for Winwards,

All in all i expect it to be a tough game and may the best team win, hopefuly there won't be any rain around this time because that cost us dearly in the last game.
Thanks for the update WindieFan. Looks like a good team you guys are putting out. Would be a very good test for our boys. Let the best team win.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Bangladesh A batting first, imrul and nasiruddin are opening.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:07 PM
Cricket Guru

cotterrell is in there for windies HP but i don't see grants name.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:13 PM
Test Cricketer

BD-A 7/0 (2 ov, Nasiruddin Faroque 2(4); Imrul Kayes 1(8)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old September 21, 2012, 11:15 PM
Cricket Guru

WI pacers are doing well, 3 maidens in the first 5 overs.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:17 PM
Cricket Guru

dhiman isn't playing, anamul has the gloves, i think in this format anamul might be better off focusing on batting, dhiman is a great gloveman and a solid bat.
Old September 21, 2012, 11:19 PM
Cricket Guru

brathwaite: 4 overs, 4 maidens. permaul starts with a maiden.