facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 13, 2006, 02:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Tiger-man,

Do us all a favour and grow a backbone.

In case you hadn't noticed, the two players that won the game for Australia were the best wicket-keeper batsman ever and the best Australian batsman since Bradman.

To beat Bangladesh, Australia had to play at their absolute best.

Ian Whitchurch

PS Headingly, 1981

Old April 13, 2006, 02:40 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Good test match indeed!! Aussies bounced back when it was really required. They played like champions in the last two days and snatched the win from Bangladesh. Bangladesh showed their raw immaturity in the 2nd innings which costed the match. They also failed to grasp the last chance provided by Ponting at the end.

I am still proud of our boys. They pushed the world champions to the wire.

A memorable test match for both Bangladesh and Australia.
Old April 13, 2006, 02:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I feel very proud for my team. They fought really hard for the last 5 days that is what counts.

But somewhere in my heart, i feel pain......we could have beaten Australia...

hats off to our boyz.......

RAFIQUE BHAI, you dont know how special a person you are. may allah bless you.
Old April 13, 2006, 02:46 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
i hope this baler team never wins or comes closer to a win ever again....
they are hopeless....every single one of them......shud bo back to bloody kindy nd learn how to spell "C R I C K E T"...

few days ago we were the talk of the town.....now the whole world is wondering "how the hell did the loose that match"......

its only our sorry-a$$ Country that cant keep a winning match on plate.....we had to loose it from such a commanding position,....

i pray to God that no other team or country have to rely on such morons to win a game.....nd i hope no other countries have the same heartbreaks as we have.....
Understanding your frustration, this is the worst ever post I have found in Banglacricket after such a wonderful performance by our boys. We should be proud of them. They did something which othet top teams dream to do against the aussies. Aussies snatched the match due to some immaturity from our side (which is there) and its two great player of all time test cricket who had to perform their best to take it away from us.

Last edited by Miraz; April 13, 2006 at 02:57 AM..
Old April 13, 2006, 02:48 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasib
Why do we almost always fall short? What do we do wrong every time? Why do we rarely go through?
Because we are still learning and we are quite new in test cricket and we don't have the experience and maturity to handle such advantage. This is one step ahead, the next step is winning test matches which will come sooner than expected by most people.

I beleive the performance graph of Bangladesh Cricket is the steepest one in world cricket.
Old April 13, 2006, 02:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Well played Bangladesh.....We sent shivers to every Aussie soul and got them shaking to the bone for the entire test match...Few teams have managed it in the last decade...
Old April 13, 2006, 02:54 AM
Cricket Legend

What Shewar said.

Ian Whitchurch
Old April 13, 2006, 02:56 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_man
i hope this baler team never wins or comes closer to a win ever again....
they are hopeless....every single one of them......shud bo back to bloody kindy nd learn how to spell "C R I C K E T"...

few days ago we were the talk of the town.....now the whole world is wondering "how the hell did the loose that match"......

its only our sorry-a$$ Country that cant keep a winning match on plate.....we had to loose it from such a commanding position,....

i pray to God that no other team or country have to rely on such morons to win a game.....nd i hope no other countries have the same heartbreaks as we have.....
COME ON!! Man!! ...Did you ever imagined that this will be the result of the test before it started? ... It's much more than expectation, and Ricky, I guess, in his lifetime won't say again about our status ... He is in the best form now, and he found how hard it was to play all the four bowlers of BD side.
In fact, I am a little bit happy that Bangladesh is showing improvement step by step ..against Srilanka last time they allowed ponly 19 runs lead ... If you recall two years ago, our team was even unable to bowl out a whole team even for one innings
EK LAFE GASEY OTTHA TTHIK NA, TAILE NAMAR SHOMOY NECESSARY BRANCHGULAKE PAWA NAO JAITE PAREY, GASEY OTTHA UCHIT BRANCH BY BRANCH
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Undoubtedly this is the best ever test played by Bangladesh. We all are a bit dejected to lose the test as we had win within our reach. Now its extremely important to keep the head high and put up an equal or even better performance in the second test.

It is a bit disaapointing that our key batsmen are not performing when they are required most. Ashraful and Aftab need to do something to reapy the faith of 140 million people and obviously the selectors.

Really don't know what will be the team in the second test!! I would like to see Nafis Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim back in the side. A bit harsh decision for JO as opening stands were quite good but I do feel Nafees could have done better. I am desperate to see replacement for Pilot or at least he should not be the vice captain any more. Give it to someone like Rafiq or Ashraful (hoping responsibility might improve his play).
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Go show by the boys. Could have won but the second innings nightmare put an end to that dream. Didn't think we'd get Australia to wire in test anytime soon.
The second test will be harder as we may have woken up the Aussies, they are playing for pride. If you think BD fans are dissapointed, think about the Aussie fans.

Some rough bowling from Shahadat in the end. Hopefuly he'll bring that aggression to the second test.

Rafique and Nafees did a great job - congrats to them.
Cricket Legend

Ponting really had to play a very special innings to pull this one off....and in the first innings it was again Gilchrist....I am just trying to console myself with all these things....Cant really take this defeat...Feels so bad.....I feel like crying...But Im 21 yaers old...I cant cry either.....However this one is not as heartbreaking as the defeat in Multan where one Inzamam took it all away or the 1st ODI against The Windies in West Indies....Nothing feels right....I hate life...
Old April 13, 2006, 02:57 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW
Hasib,

They dont play enough four-day cricket.

Ian Whitchurch
I agree ... BD team never experienced such situation before .. Aussies just had one a week ago against SA
Old April 13, 2006, 03:00 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

ps .. like others have said.

It took amazing effort from Gilchrist (prolly the best wicket-keeper/batsmen ever as someone said) and Ponying (with 30 test centuries before they went to BD) to help Australia win this match. They also owe it to our batsmen BIGTIME.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:02 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

I really liked the aggression of Shahadat Hossain, he bowled like a tiger at the end. He should be ver bright prospect for Bangladesh and has got some raw pace as well whcih will definitely increase after one or two years. He should not be dropped in the second test. Russel has to fight hard to get his place. And Shahadat can do the reverse swing which can be devastating against other oppositions.

Bangladesh is learning how to play tests and its a shame they don't any more test after this series for the next 12 month. This might cost badly to our cricketers. Board should really come up with some solution get at least one test serioes in next 12 months.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
Well played Bangladesh.....We sent shivers to every Aussie soul and got them shaking to the bone for the entire test match...Few teams have managed it in the last decade...
Great Comment!! Other teams can hardly do it ...man!!! SA just lost five in a row last two within months against them, and BDwas just about to ruin them.... GREAT ...Hats Off to BD players
Old April 13, 2006, 03:08 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Undoubtedly this is the best ever test played by Bangladesh. We all are a bit dejected to lose the test as we had win within our reach. Now its extremely important to keep the head high and put up an equal or even better performance in the second test.

It is a bit disaapointing that our key batsmen are not performing when they are required most. Ashraful and Aftab need to do something to reapy the faith of 140 million people and obviously the selectors.

Really don't know what will be the team in the second test!! I would like to see Nafis Iqbal and Mushfiqur Rahim back in the side. A bit harsh decision for JO as opening stands were quite good but I do feel Nafees could have done better. I am desperate to see replacement for Pilot or at least he should not be the vice captain any more. Give it to someone like Rafiq or Ashraful (hoping responsibility might improve his play).
Sorry, but I can't agree ... JO does not sacrifice wicket ...and in last two innings the openning partnership managed around 50 ...they should be allowed as they are ... I don't think any change is required ... But Bangladesh should start bringing up another good wicket keeper, I guess ... One impressive thing is Rajin played more than 100 balls in both innings ..we need one or two more players like this ...then we can go for a draw ... To my opinion, our team should learn how to draw a match at first ...just look at the Paki team's performance ... they saved couple of matches last year. ...that's really matured test.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Because we are still learning and we are quite new in test cricket and we don't have the experience and maturity to handle such advantage. This is one step ahead, the next step is winning test matches which will come sooner than expected by most people.

I beleive the performance graph of Bangladesh Cricket is the steepest one in world cricket.
well said.

Carry on Bangladesh do not stop fighting and INSHA-ALLAH if we keep shooting like this we will hit the target
Old April 13, 2006, 03:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any consistent performer

Captain's knock. Ponting played so responsibly. 2nd innings batting by BD was a gift for the aussies for coming to play here! Ausie played attacking cricket and really took away the advantage BD had. BD tried best to save the match that was already tilted in aussie favor. Planning, effort and execution did not follow through for BD.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

JO's days are numbered in the bangladeshi team, Nafees Iqbal is not consistent enough yet to replace JO... and there in lies the dilemma! JO will always be a 20 runs player, but nafees iqbal has more potential so i will like to see him in the second test.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:14 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Its really a difficult call for JO. He has not thrown away his wickets true!! very true!!

But he has not done enough to keep his place in the side, I beleive. The opening stands are mostly due to contribution from Nafees.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Its really a difficult call for JO. He has not thrown away his wickets true!! very true!!

But he has not done enough to keep his place in the side, I beleive. The opening stands are mostly due to contribution from Nafees.

And what exactly has Ashraful or Aftab done to keep their place in that case? Not that I dont like them...
Old April 13, 2006, 03:20 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:

We have good number of stroke players downward ...Habibul, Ashraful, Aftab, and even sometimes Rafiq & Mashrafi ... So openning pair should be combination of one scorer and one anchor ...If 1st wicket falls early, then Rajin can go one down ... If opening pair knocks well then Habibul (to be honest, he is sometimes irresponsible in crucial situation) for one down. I agree with about Pilot ... but what to do ...Mushfiqur is too inexperienced to play such long version match ...
Old April 13, 2006, 03:23 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_pagol
JO's days are numbered in the bangladeshi team, Nafees Iqbal is not consistent enough yet to replace JO... and there in lies the dilemma! JO will always be a 20 runs player, but nafees iqbal has more potential so i will like to see him in the second test.
I think JO has changed his batting style recently ..he is more agressive recently ...and that's because of pressure on him ...But he was much better as an anchor ... Just play 100 balls ... even 10 runs from 100 balls is okay ...when opponent bowlers bowl you hundred times without success, you become a pain in the a** for them ...then you start getting loose ball ... Recall his hundred against pakistan ...that was a real innings ... I think he should not be condemned that much ...
Old April 13, 2006, 03:25 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shehwar
And what exactly has Ashraful or Aftab done to keep their place in that case? Not that I dont like them...
Ashraful and Aftab are quite different player compared to JO. Ash and Aftab can be match winner at any day, has got lot of abilities which failed to be translated in first test but every possibility is there in the second test. JO is a player of limited ability, Nafis Iqbal has got better shots compared to him.

Well I am not syaing drop JO immediately but its really tough for JO to keep his place with such peformances.
Old April 13, 2006, 03:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Lara

Itis funny that people are still asking for JO's head even after good opening partnerships in both innings. Can not blame the players if fans themselves are this type of impatient.