facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old April 14, 2003, 10:33 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default 200 UP!

who would have thought??!?!?!?!
3 overs still to go...hope skipper gets a 50 and we bat it out!

Old April 14, 2003, 10:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Sham, I apologised for saying it. That was just to make you guys believe that we can beat SA. SA are 5th best still behind Aus, Ind, SL and NZ.

Score at present:
BD 209/8 (48 ov)
Mahmud 40(40)*
Tapash 2(3)*
Old April 14, 2003, 10:51 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default 211

all out in 49.3...as good as playing the full quota...a great comeback for the team after the drubbing in the last match. The major difference was the commitment to fight it out sensibly but positively...no extravagant shots. Most batsmen got some sort of start and tried building partnerships. Mahmud played a gem of an innings in the end and was instrumental in getting us across 200. Bashar may have just done enough to restore some of his confidence. We will have to see about that in the next match. Javed Omar was looking good until that fishing expedition. All in all a postive performance. Even the fielding looked committed given the extreme unfriendly weather conditions out there.
Lets see if we can build on this.
Old April 14, 2003, 10:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Losing by 84 runs is not bad. Still we crossed 200 for the first time against SA. Not a bad beginning to the new year for our cricketers. I am sure that we would beat a test side this year

Can't wait to see a win over SA

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by shahid]
Old April 14, 2003, 11:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Great comeback after scoring 76.

hope the new year bodes well for bangladeshi cricket
Old April 14, 2003, 11:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Yeah promising stuff, but I don't want to get too excited yet. We have a long way to go. I think the next match will be particularly important. Either we can take the lessons from this match and realize that playing sensibly pays. Or we can put our feet up like we usually do after one promising performance and try to blast our way to another 76.
Old April 14, 2003, 11:51 AM
Club Cricketer

commendable performance
Old April 14, 2003, 03:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default Keep it up!!!

Yeah thats wt called a game. Chasing a score of 294 is a big deal and I'm sure if SA was to put into bat to chase a score of 294 they would have failed as the condition were not in the favor of scoring 294 during nite.

Today the batting was not bad but our bowling sucked in the begining, giving away too many runs in the first 15 overs then after that I loved the performance of BD. Today the Fielding was mind blowing. This is really wt we can call a come back and a pride and a gift by our cricketers. I would say they tried their best. Bangladesh could have win the match if the score was less and also if our bowlers would have bowled sensibly in the first 15 overs. To make our batting line up more strong i would suggest to bring back Opee and also keep Javed in the side. The only person should go away is Bushar/Tushar. Tareq may also be replaced my Manjural.

Wt happen to Kapali? He's not shining from many days. A very good effort from Ashraful and Mahmud. Keep it up dude. Javed played well but went wrong when was trying to fish off stump. I hope Javed sees his mistake and corrects them Javed is a responsible guy I'm sure he'll ddo it. The only thing I afraid is that BCB might try to drop Javed which won't be good for our team. We really need him. I think he may come at number 3 or 4. Let Mehrab and Ashraful Open. Mehrab needs to play sensibly, hope he gets better.

I used to hear this from my grandma that if you start your Year with success, the success will continue throughout the year. This looks like our year of Success and making some big upsets. As like others I don't wanna get too exicted as we know whenever we get excited about something our team crushes our excitement by some very poor and stupid performance. So guys don't get very excited about it.

I hope we whould do a better or a similar performance agains India.

[Edited on 14-4-2003 by ehsan]
Old April 15, 2003, 12:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

Inshallah, we would beat a test team this year
Old April 15, 2003, 04:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater
Default Report from the game

Article

[Edited on 15-4-2003 by James90]
Old April 15, 2003, 07:23 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

I think Kapali can't do everything - that is, field well, bowl for 10 overs economically and also score a fifty. This is why I think Kapali is not scoring much.

But nevertheless, Kapali did contribute with his usual, but pretty valuable 27 - which was missing in the last few games.

I think apart from being the third highest scorer for Bangladesh in the game, Kapali also faced the second highest number of balls (50 balls - after Ashraful's 93 balls), which is good.
Old April 15, 2003, 11:00 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default i agree

with fwullah...Kapali did one of the best jobs the other day though he was not spectacular...the pressing concern was to stay at the wicket...not to massacre the SA bowling! khek! Plus given that he was short of runs in the previous few matches, he did just the right thing!... Granted he scored only 27 runs but look at the partnership he help build and the amount of time he occupied the crease. He definitely did his part to ensure we nearly bat out the full quota.
The first step is to learn how to stay at the wicket and build some sort of partnership...next how to rotate the strike frequently...and next to take the attack to the opposition. I am hoping from the last show that they are trying to start from scratch and taking it step by step...but judging from previous experiences I have a feeling I am being too optimistic. Lets hope I am proved wrong.

Fwullah! hats off to you! you are really patient!
Old April 15, 2003, 09:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Why don't guys think of Ashraful?? He bowled good and batted superbly. He had the best all rounded performance from Bangladesh' side.

He's our future big cricket star. His future is no doubt as bright as tendulkar's.

Go Ashraful go we are with you!!!!

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by ehsan]

[Edited on 16-4-2003 by ehsan]
Old April 15, 2003, 09:24 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Michael Slater

Hey give the guy come room to improve as a player

He will be great for Bangladesh cricket but he will not be the next Tendulkar
Old April 15, 2003, 10:17 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I expect a lot from Ashraful since he's the youngest test centurian. He scored 114 against Srilanka at Colombo in his Test Debut when he was just 17 years and 63 days .

He has a long way to go now. I expect and hope he keeps up our expectation by becoming the next Tendulkar or even close to him or Sehwag.
Old April 15, 2003, 11:08 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

While the rest of the BD players suffer from low confidence, Ashful is the exception, suffering over confidence. Every time this kid does well, goes into off form as he belives too much in himself.

I am hoping with experience and age, this will go away. He is such a talent with so much potential, he is his only obsticle.
Old April 16, 2003, 12:18 AM
First BC Member

Bangladeshi players - even Ashraful does not have the same base as the Indian players like Tendulkar or Sehwag.
Old April 16, 2003, 12:20 AM
ODI Cricketer

Asharful is our best batsmen. He can be our version of Virender Sehwag.

This guy has a lot of talent and confidence. You have to have a lot of talent to score a test century on debut. Not many players do it. But if someone do it at the age of 17, then the guy should have a bright future.

He will win many matches for us and be our match-winner.
Old April 16, 2003, 12:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Fehmida you wanna clearify yoursel a bit. What base are you talking about? can you expand on that plzz...
Old April 16, 2003, 12:23 AM
First BC Member

Pompous, I am not half as patient as I used to be say 10 years ago (or even 5 years ago).

I am only a fan; if the patience of the national players goes off like my patience is on its way down, then it won't be good for Bangladesh.