facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 22, 2009, 02:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Lawl. The cricket world is trying so hard to shut us out from major cricket altogether...

Old August 22, 2009, 08:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Are you saying its a Loser's Trophy?!!!
WI is playing. lol
Old August 23, 2009, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

its a big shame for us that we cant play in champion league
Old August 23, 2009, 07:47 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ryder,Tamim,shakib,warner

why we need champions trophy, when we have world cup, 20/20 championship.

without BD team---- its not complete

lets boycott champions trophy.
Old August 23, 2009, 08:19 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Rohan Kanhai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
On recent performance alone, Bangladesh deserve to be in it, instead of WI.
If WI stopped their stupidness and played the best team it would be clear who the winner would be. Instead they chose this squad for the champions trophy:

Andre Fletcher----------Kieran Powell
Devon Smith-----------Dale Richards
Travis Dowlin
Floyd Reifer(c)
David Bernard
Chadwick Walton(wk)
Darren Sammy
Royston Crandon-----------Nikita Miller
Gavin Tonge
Kemar Roach-----------Daren Powell
Tino Best

Good news is that WI stars (Gayle, Chanderpaul, Sarwan, Taylor, Edwards, Ramdin) are most likely to be available for the Regional FC Season, and eligible for the tour of Australia.
Old September 4, 2009, 01:46 AM

And, the new drama begins...me happy!

West Indies contracts row
West Indies 'devaluing' Champions Trophy - May
Cricinfo staff
September 4, 2009

Text size: A | A

Chris Gayle and other leading West Indies players will remain sidelined for the immediate future © Getty Images

The Champions Trophy will be devalued by West Indies sending a substandard team, according to Tim May. Floyd Reifer will captain West Indies in the tournament, which is supposed to featured the world's top eight teams, after the continued failure of mediation efforts between the West Indies Cricket Board and its players.
"I would suggest that the West Indies' insistence on picking a third-rate side devalues that tournament and that pain is going to be shared by the rest of the cricketing nations," May, the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricket Associations, told the Age. "I'd also suggest they are in breach of their agreement with the ICC, which says they must pick their best-available team."
The absence of 13 of West Indies' leading players, including the captain Chris Gayle, led to the side being humiliated at home by Bangladesh in the recent Test and ODI series. The prospect of West Indies sending a weakened outfit on their next Test tour, to Australia in November, has begun to raise concerns in Australia about the quality of cricket that will be played this season.
"When they take their team abroad and treat the Champions Trophy as no more than a bargaining chip in their negotiations, then I think we have got some problems," May said. "The Australian tour is coming up later this year and there is no indication that the West Indies Cricket Board are going to select their best team and, in fact if they did, my understanding is a significant number of the West Indies players would refuse to come because they have had enough of the West Indies Cricket Board and how they have treated the players."
The first Test is in Brisbane starting on November 26. A Cricket Australia spokesman said the situation was being monitored but there was not yet any reason to believe that the series would not go ahead as planned.
"Naturally we are concerned about the situation, however Cricket Australia is monitoring the situation very carefully and we are hopeful they will resolve their issues soon," the spokesman said in the Australian. "The reality is this is an issue for the West Indies Cricket Board to resolve along with their players' association."
Old September 4, 2009, 03:02 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

No difference between Bangladesh & West Indies. Both are trying to prove themselve in international arena.
Old September 4, 2009, 04:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

The 8 team idea of the Champions trophy is rubbish and emerged from the view of dumping countries like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe. I will probably watch the matches, whenever possible; but without much interest in it. And yes, this belongs to the International cricket section.
Old September 4, 2009, 05:29 AM
Cricket Legend

damn man we cud so easly replace the windies team
Old September 4, 2009, 06:51 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

It will create competition among all the nations to be selected. Because only top 8 teams can play this tournament. But, I am not sure whether all the teams will be interested to play this burden tournament within their busy international schedule.

I am positive about the tournament. If we can manage to play in the next tournament, I think our negative approach will be changed.