facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 29, 2014, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Rubwl clocked 149km/h in a match...not sure which one though.

Taskin and rubel should be faster in Aussie pitch.

Old November 29, 2014, 05:28 PM
Cricket Legend

"We can go with four pace bowlers as the wickets will be more favourable for pace bowling. Among the seamers if someone can bat well it will give the team the right kind of balance", Nannu said.
Bangladesh had earlier tried Ziaur Rahman and Farhad Reza in the spot on different occasions but they failed to live up to their expectations making the door open for Soumya.
Selectors had only other option in the position in Alauddin Babu, Soumya, a BKSP product who is considered more talented despite his ordinary first-class record. In his 32-match first-class career, Soumya scored 1568 runs at an average of 27.50 with 12 fifties with the highest score of 96.
He grabbed just 18 wickets which, according to selectors, is a wrong indication of his all-round talent.
Coach Chandika Hathurusinghe is so impressed with his talent that it was earlier reported that he insisted the selectors about picking him in the Test series as well.

Source: newagebd.net
Old November 29, 2014, 05:35 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
S Sarker included. .WTH? How he is going to prove his worth in one match? Interesting selection
Valid point, even if he does well it's just one match no way of knowing if he can be consistent with it, plus it's a whole heap of pressure on the young kid, they're obviously now looking at him to be the big important component in the team in the WC in Australia.
Old November 29, 2014, 07:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Taskin is still recovering.. so why taking risk before WC? Iam sure fully fit taskin will play in the WC along with Abull, Mash and Rubel. I also noticed Taskin is very injury prone bowler like Mash.... so go slow approach wpuld be the best. Don't want to mess with his bright career. He ll have plenty of opportunities in future. Just take it easy!!

Taskin is a quick bowler , not sure is he the fastest though. I think nayok Rubel is still the fastest bd bowler atm.
Rubel clocked 147-148 in 2009 in england. Around there in world cup vs WI, but I think that was a speed gun error. Rubel clocked 144 vs ZIM in the 3rd test. Shafiul clocked 141.

Taskin is consistently the fastest I've seen. But he's only bowled short spells.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 29, 2014, 09:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Taskin's situation is a really a case of a trade-off between match-fitness and match practice. I can't imagine he'd do very well without being fit, nor would he fare much better against the likes of world class teams in conditions he's probably never been exposed to. I strongly agree that, if he was at least match-fit, that he should have been given a go this series for some real practice. I wonder if BCB are being a little too careful with him.
Old November 29, 2014, 11:19 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Pace will count for nothing without brains and the ability to bowl good line and length, yorkers. Even Mitchel Jonson gets hammered for bad deliveries. Rubel and Shafiul after so many years still bowl like they are on debut. Apart from Mash, Al Amin, Taskin, all the rest will get hammered in Australia
Old November 29, 2014, 11:58 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Pace will count for nothing without brains and the ability to bowl good line and length, yorkers. Even Mitchel Jonson gets hammered for bad deliveries. Rubel and Shafiul after so many years still bowl like they are on debut. Apart from Mash, Al Amin, Taskin, all the rest will get hammered in Australia
Agreen on that, but what shocking is taskin is playing in DPL but not against zimbabwe ? I don't understand what they are really doing
Old November 30, 2014, 05:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Yes, Taskin is a fast baller !
He balls oil.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 30, 2014, 07:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: taskin / anamul

WHAT A BOWLING TODAY BY TASKIN , WOOW I CANT BELIEVE FINALLY I FEEL LYK BANGLADESH SERIOUSLY FOUND SOME GENUINE QUICK , WOULD LOVE TO SEE HIM IN 5TH ODI TOMMROW IF SELECTORS CAN MANGE HIM IN THE TEAM SOMEHOW

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...op=2&match=968

WE AND BANGLADESH CRICKET FANS SHOULD GO FOR PROTEST IF ALLAH forbid if he doesnt get selected for world cup on dilema by bcb , just lyk how we did it for mashraffie in 2011 wc , bcb selectors definietly doesn't know what they are doing
Old November 30, 2014, 08:10 AM
Cricket Legend

"Nazmul admits to player’s syndicate November 28, 2014 12:09 am·0 Comments Staff Correspondent Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hasan on Thursday claimed that until recently, new players were unwelcome in the national team, as a strong syndicate of seniors always opposed their inclusion. Speaking to a press conference at his Bexmico office, Nazmul said once he took over the board he successfully dismantled the syndicate, contributing to their recent success. ‘When I came to the board, I saw it was difficult for new players to come to the national team,’ Nazmul said. ‘It was like everybody had a set position – I play here and you play there – and there was no scope to change these positions.’ ‘Even if somebody did well he was not given a chance. To accommodate new players, old players have to make way, and so new players were not taken into the side.’ ‘This attitude needed to change. We are seeing this change now and that is why team spirit is now better than in any time in the past,’ said Nazmul. The BCB president also added a few examples to support his claim. ‘When Mominul came into the side he was not given a chance in many matches despite doing well. It was because they had to drop Riyad [Mahmudullah] or Nasir [Hossain],’ he said. ‘If we needed to bring a spinner we had to drop [Abdur] Razzak. They [players’ syndicate] did not want that. That was the problem.’ ‘When I took charge Bijoy [Anamul Haque] joined the team. He is doing fine. Taskin [Ahmed] and Al-Amin [Hossain] have also played. Now we have two new spinners – Taijul [Islam] and Jubair [Hossain]. They are all good performers.’ Nazmul indicated that he is acting as a fourth selector as members of the selection committee and the coach always share their ideas with him. To give journalists a better idea about his involvement with the process, he disclosed the selection plan for the fifth ODI against Zimbabwe. ‘You will see someone in the next match [fifth ODI] who can open the innings,’ he said. ‘He could have been picked for the last match as well. I am engaged with the coach and selectors in this process.’ ‘They are now looking for an all-rounder who can bowl medium pace and also bat well. We have already seen Raju [Abul Hasan] in the team. May be Soumya Sarker, or someone else, will come in the next match,’ he said. The BCB president also explained the reason why selectors dropped left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny from the squad for the fourth ODI despite his consecutive four-wicket hauls. He said the decision was taken to give Taijul Islam a chance as his bowling is likely to be more effective than Sunny in the upcoming World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. ‘In bouncy pitches, we need a spinner whose ball bounces,’ said Nazmul. Nazmul discussed several issues during the press conference including the withdrawal of Sakib al Hasan’s ban on playing in the foreign league. The BCB president added that Sakib has formally applied for it and it is now matter of time before the ban is lifted. The BCB lifted Sakib’s six-month ban in September but the bar on him playing in foreign leagues, until December 2015, still remains in force. ‘We have seen a significant change in the reasons that led to his ban,’ he said. ‘So I don’t see any reason why the board will not lift the ban.’"

- See more at:
source:newagebd.net
http://newagebd.net/71139/nazmul-adm....lDuxZmOb.dpuf
Old November 30, 2014, 08:17 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Arafat Sunny from the squad for the fourth ODI despite his consecutive four-wicket hauls. He said the decision was taken to give Taijul Islam a chance as his bowling is likely to be more effective than Sunny in the upcoming World Cup in Australia and New Zealand. ‘In bouncy pitches, we need a spinner whose ball bounces,’ said Nazmul

++++++
Wth. If they gonna Pick Taizul then why not give him a game? What is Nazmul thinking here? Is he thinking of dropping Sunny for Taziul( who is yet to play odis) for the wc?
Old November 30, 2014, 09:24 AM
Banned

I think we have too many SLA's to select from. but to drop Sunny and include Tajiul and not play him is choatic. Anyways lets hope he plays the final game. I hope sunny is given a go-ahead in Australi, and also Taijul should be included in the Squad.
Old November 30, 2014, 12:56 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful & Tamim Iqbal

I understand what nazmul is talking about...but sunny have to join the team of WC 2015, and I'm sure he will. Also want see Nasir at the squad too....
It's unfair for Nasir not to play on final odi.
Old November 30, 2014, 01:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedShamim
I hope sunny is given a go-ahead in Australi, and also Taijul should be included in the Squad.
He will. I have no doubt in my mind. But as we are 4-0, they are taking the advantage and giving another player some exposure. You never know when you will need another able substitute now a day due to injury/suspected action/bad form.