facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2009, 10:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN
Default ICL mulls legal action over recognition

MUMBAI, Feb 25 (bdnews24.com/Reuters) - India's rebel Twenty20 league is considering legal action after failing in the latest bid for recognition because of staunch opposition by the Indian board, former India skipper Kapil Dev said on Wednesday.

The International Cricket Council (ICC) was unsuccessful in its bid to end a dispute between the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Indian Cricket League (ICL) after a meeting held in Johannesburg on Monday proved fruitless.

"As a sportsman, I don't like matters of sport being decided in court, but with the talks failing (again), we may have no choice but to take recourse to law," Kapil Dev, chairman of the Indian Cricket League (ICL), told The Telegraph newspaper.

"I can't understand who has given the BCCI the right to be the sole authority for promoting cricket in India ... The ICL too is doing just that, so why should our boys be punished? That, to me, is not justice."

The ICL's application to be recognised as unofficial cricket would now be discussed at the ICC Board meeting in April.

The ICL, bankrolled by one of India's largest media firms, launched the league following India's triumph in the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup in 2007.

It signed overseas players, particularly from Pakistan, New Zealand and Bangladesh.

However the BCCI, concerned the league would undermine its position, refused to recognise it and persuaded other national boards to ban players who signed up.

bdnews24.com/sh/1905 h.

Old February 25, 2009, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

If it goes to court and ICL wins, it will be because BCCI brought it on themselves.

There are enough cricketers (especially in India) to sustain two major leagues. IPL has no business being considered a part of BCCI as far as ICC is concerned.

I think its important for cricket in general that ICL exist. It creates opportunities for more and more cricketers. Plus I think ICL is on to the right forumla with the introduction of the Lahore and Dhaka teams. If they can sustain the BCCI opposition and the economic issues, I would love to see them add a Colombo and Auckland team as well. Maybe even a Chittagong team.

I don't think the boards should be banning the ICL players and if it takes the courts to decide that, so be it.
Old February 27, 2009, 08:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: BD Team Players

This is just too much from BCCI. I mean why are they acting soo childish?
I guess ICL would have to do use legal actions cause BCCI is being really childish and arrogant right now!
Old February 28, 2009, 05:03 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Default The Peons

This is what happens when you give the peon the power of MP.

The peon only thinks how much can I pocket without sharing the pot of gold.

Then the peon thinks how can I do harm to everyone else.

The world is full of peons...I see them doing business everyday in PCB, BCCI and BCB and SL Cricket.

The peons have no idea about the game they administer.

The peons dont have MBAs, neither did they ever run a successful business.

The peons serve only so long till the rug is pulled from underneath their feet.

New peons replace them and the cycle continues.
Old March 2, 2009, 07:11 PM
Cricket Sage

cholcholbd bhai ki peon er upor PHD korchen naki??
Old March 3, 2009, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Richard Hadlee, Shakib

Despite being a high level manager at a hugely successful global IT corporation, I am apparently still a peon since I don't have an MBA per cholchol bhai