facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 5, 2009, 11:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN
Default Indo-Pak tension may keep Pakistan players out of IPL, ICL: Razzaq

Sunday, January 04, 20

Karachi: The escalating tension between India and Pakistan in the wake of Mumbai terror strikes will make it impossible for the players to participate in the Indian Cricket League or the Indian Premier League, feels ICL-recruit all-rounder Abdul Razzaq.
"At the moment the government is not permitting sportsmen or artists to go to India because of the rising tensions with India. I don't think we will be able to play in the ICL this year," Razzaq said.

The all-rounder, along with dozens of other Pakistani players, was banned in 2007 by the Pakistan Cricket Board for joining the ICL which is not recognised by the ICC or its affiliate boards.

Razzaq, one of Pakistan's leading all-rounders in his nine-year international career, hoped the relations between the two countries would improve in two or three months time and Pakistani players would be able to travel to India.

"Until then I don't think we can go for the ICL unless they organise it outside India," he said.

Razzaq said with the ICL players banned from playing domestic cricket, it was going to be a very frustrating period for them.

"I don't see any signs of the PCB lifting the domestic bans on the players. The truth is our board is helpless in front of the Indian board which is totally against the ICL and is punishing all players associated with it," Razzaq said.

"The Indian board is very strong and I don't think our board is capable of taking any decision which they don't like," he added.

PTI