facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 12, 2012, 08:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Default BOLT to play T20 Big Bash?

I have no idea how old or new this news is. I saw it this morning on tv and I thought I was going crazy :S. But apparently Usain Bolt might to playing for Warnie's team in the next Big Bash league.

Quote:
THE world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, could be steaming in at the MCG this summer with an audacious plan to have the Jamaican track star play in the Twenty20 Big Bash League.

The Melbourne Stars franchise has confirmed it is negotiating with the six-time Olympic gold medallist and his management.

Shane Warne, the team's marquee player, launched a campaign via social media yesterday in an effort to build support for the recruiting coup.

.......Bolt played junior cricket before ruling the track and has long voiced his love for the game. He clean bowled then West Indies captain Chris Gayle in a charity match in 2009, having earlier belted him down the ground for six.

....There was tentative support for Bolt's signing yesterday by Cricket Australia's BBL project manager, Mike McKenna, although he would need assurances the sprinter was being picked on merit not as a novelty inclusion to attract spectators and television viewers.

''We would want to make sure that any athletes can play another code to an appropriate level … He'd need to be able to stand on his own two feet, both in terms of talent and from a safety point of view,'' McKenna said.

Rival teams would be unlikely to cut Bolt any slack, given the financial rewards on offer, particularly for those that qualify for the Twenty20 Champions League and the fact Australian players in the competition are auditioning for a place in the national T20 squad. McKenna said Bolt would have to weigh up the potential impact on his athletics career as well.

''Whether it's a risk he wanted to take, standing in front of Brett Lee and Patrick Cummins, I don't know,'' he said. ''If he plays for Melbourne Stars, and there's a crunch game against the Renegades, no one is going to hold back. There won't be any place to hide if you're Usain Bolt. But he's obviously a very talented athlete so he may be able to do it.''

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/spor...812-2433e.html

How excititng!