facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old July 29, 2006, 01:21 PM
Test Cricketer

What crime has Syed Rasel commited ? Is he the first bowler to have been whacked 39 runs of 4 overs by Gilchrist ?

Rasel remains the best bowler for control. He is the only bowler after Manjarul Islam who has an upright seam. Somehow, the current selectors and Dav have something against Rasel as they had against Manjarul.

But today the 5th bowler fiasco took place because Bashar panicked when Aftab was hit for 13 of his first 2 overs. Alok and Ashraful got pasted even more. He should have brought back Aftab at the fall of the next wicket. Let's face it Ash is no bowler in ODI's. Maybe, in tests, when the score is 500/3, ok, give him a bowl so batsmen may be lulled into making a mistake.

Old July 29, 2006, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Normal
Old July 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
Test Cricketer

yo Prasanna_ar, look at your team, got vanquished 4-1. Don't worry, they'll repeat the same perfomances in the world cup. And reply back to my post as many times as you want, because I know the statemens would be useless, and no need to waste my time on such a !##$"@#"#?&". Ah! forget it! I've wasted my precious 60 seconds already.
Old July 29, 2006, 02:28 PM
Test Cricketer

leave him shahriyar, no need to talk on a person who makes such type of comments.
Old July 29, 2006, 02:47 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Bloody Bangladeshi kittens made our head bow down in shame today. I had a couple of parties to attend and missed the later half of the game. When I left, BD looked on course with Zim 131/5 and to lose the match from that position shows bad captaincy and worse team selection in my opinion. Our fifth bowler was a weak point and I think we should have saquib play instead of kapali and rasel instead of razzaq. Golla can be replaced with rajin also but that can be put on hold for one more one dayer in my opinion but kapali has to go and he has to go for good. This person should be decalred persona non grata to the BD national team. I dont think I hate any cricketer as much as I hate this enigma and for the record I dont know him personally and hence this is nothing personal but purely from a fans perspective.
Old July 29, 2006, 03:11 PM
Banned

I am not even christian.
Old July 29, 2006, 03:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

Just as a last favour to you, if you ever travel to dhaka please let me know a day in advance and I will ensure a proper welcome for you and a visit you will remember for the rest of your life. Even if I am not in Dhaka at that time I will make sure my friends take good care of you and thats a promise !!!!
Old July 29, 2006, 06:41 PM
Cricket Legend

You know, this game has some marked similarities to the Australia game at Cardiff.

Ian Whitchurch
Old July 29, 2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

HA HA HA

Overconfident stupid team!

Man, what a shame!
Old July 29, 2006, 07:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain/Dale Steyn

Mashrafee didn't really bowl horribly at the death though. Three overs conceding 17 runs and taking two wickets isnt too bad at the death. That means his economy for his death bowling was 5.67
Old July 29, 2006, 07:37 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

The problem was with the think tank. Zimbabwe is weak against spin. So play Raj.. what an idiotic logic. Zimbabwe wickets always favor pacers, they completely forgot that.
Old July 29, 2006, 07:52 PM
Cricket Legend

There is no need to make wholesale changes to the team, they just need to wake up. I don't think Javed will get dropped after scoring 45, if he was to be made a scapegoat for his dropped catch then bashar would have to drop himself after every other game as well. As for the bowling attack, I agree that we were one pacer short. bashar only bowled aftab one over, in which he went for 6, before changing to kapali. he then kept going with kapali for 5 overs when aftab should have been given 5 overs at that point in the game. having him come back to bowl over 50 was asking for too much. I disagree with Fwullah that Mashrafee doesn't know how to bowl at the death. He had one expensive over, but his 2 wickets also brought us back in the match a bit. As for Raj, his first spell of 5 overs was very good. bashar, often criticized for not making enough bowling changes, seemed to make too many today.

I would see 2 changes tomorrow - bring in rassel for rajjak, and replace kapali with saquibul hasan for spin and hope he can be counted on for 10 overs. It's a little earlier than i thought Saquib would play, and I am not sure rajjak played poorly enough to get dropped, but if we don't have alok's batting we need saquibul, especially since he faced most of these players recently.
Old July 29, 2006, 08:08 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

we lost because of poor planning and poor captaincy. i don't blame javed. he is a great fielder and anyone can miss a catch under pressure. but his batting performance is very poor but what can we do.

i think this loss was due, we were over confident, most of us never seen this zimbabwe team playing. they showed good performance against west indies. and they beat us yesterday. lets hope for the best for today.
Old July 29, 2006, 08:48 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Team selection was not appropriate; I am surprised about the playing of two spinners. Bd needs 1 pacer instead of 1 spinner for the next game. Over confidence also cost a lot for loosing the match. BD Batsman thought that Run Rate 4.5 is enough and except the last 5 overs they did not try a lot. At last we are all disappointed at the end. I hope better team will play the next match and if BD will go for batting first---at least they will need to make 270.
Old July 29, 2006, 09:29 PM
Cricket Legend

We should not loose against this Zim team, its a shame. We are much better team but we need to have some discipline in the team. How could Javed drop the catch? With that drop catch he kicked us out of the game.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old July 29, 2006, 10:28 PM
Cricket Legend

The main thing that hurt us yesterday was over relience on Aftab and Kapali as bowlers. They are occasional bowlers and they should be treated so. We badly need a genuine allrounder who can fill in as a regular fifth bowler. I hope Sakib will be given a try today.