facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 22, 2019, 06:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

all of you guys have money to fly business/first class? then go for it. I never flew anything beside economy mainly because the pricing for business and first classes are ridiculous for the little "comfort" that they provide. I guess if you can flatten seats and sleep - thats significant in long flight but the
price difference would be in thousands.. not hundreds - thousoands dollars. How many of you worked extra with lack of sleep to earn some more money...

unless you or your family owns some multi national business.. you are multimulti millionaire - i don't get the point of this discussion.

and there are some credit card point system gamers - that's different story.. not worth it either for me.

Old October 22, 2019, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

all of you guys have money to fly business/first class? then go for it. I never flew anything beside economy mainly because the pricing for business and first classes are ridiculous for the little "comfort" that they provide. I guess if you can flatten seats and sleep - thats significant in long flight but the
price difference would be in thousands.. not hundreds - thousoands dollars. How many of you worked extra with lack of sleep to earn some more money...

unless you or your family owns some multi national business.. you are multimulti millionaire - i don't get the point of this discussion.

and there are some credit card point system gamers - that's different story.. not worth it either for me.
Old October 22, 2019, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Purchased economy ticket - then applied for upgrade through optiontown.

Signup fee is $3, upgrade price is about 75% original buss class ticket minus econ price. Whether I get upgrade or not, sign up fee is not refundable.
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 22, 2019, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

I btw randomly got upgraded to Qatar Airways business class about four times - such a pleasant surprise. Here are few pics from the last FREE upgrade I got We bangalis only like when it is free

Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old October 22, 2019, 08:31 AM
Cricket Legend

BTW, my personal opinion is Qatar Airways economy class food is better than business class food.

** The thread is not working properly.
Old October 22, 2019, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb

Hey, Biman business class ticket sometimes is cheaper than econ class ticket of other world class airlines.

Plus if you purchase business class ticket, you also get to enjoy the lounge
Old October 22, 2019, 04:12 PM
Cricket Legend

So you are sharing food pics? LOL. I don't understand this "luxury". If I can't completely sleep in a flat bed, it's all same crap.

Last time i checked the price for a first class flight it was 6K and my econ ticket was 800 dollars. So I said - LOL.
Old October 22, 2019, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

If I wanna have a proper fancy meal i go to restaurant not a plane.
Old October 22, 2019, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFair
Looks like a crap seat for first class. ppl's 3rd class 20 years old car have better seats.
Old October 22, 2019, 05:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Al-Amin

Quote:
Looks like a crap seat for first class. ppl's 3rd class 20 years old car have better seats.
US first class = Middle East Business class.
Middle East First class or even higher Etihad's The Residence are miles above.
Old October 22, 2019, 05:28 PM
Test Cricketer

idumb,
I paid for and flew Business class only once in my life few years ago. LHR > BD return cost me £1500. Economy is usually £450 for same route. It was just for the experience.

I often got upgraded to Business class for free from Dhaka to AbuDhabi multiple times , when I held my Etihad silver membership ( courtesy of Etihad AMEX card).

Let me share my pics too

AbuDhabi Al-Reem lounge ( poor compared to Business or First class lounges in AbuDhabi )

This is what was served on Biman's 777 Business class :

Old October 22, 2019, 05:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Etihad Business class has a A la Carte menu. You can order food whenever you like as much as you want from a selection of sandwiches and ice-creams.
Old October 23, 2019, 06:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
You are just jealous - grapes are sour
Old October 23, 2019, 02:14 PM
Cricket Sage

Do Baiman offer cha and Shingara in Business class?
Old November 5, 2019, 02:11 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

I absolutely hate flying 19-20 hour (Toronto to Dhaka) in econ class. When I was a student, used to think that I would fly buss someday....never happened as I have to pay for 4 now...grrrrrr

Never got upgraded either although my wife got once with my Etihad points...grrrrrr

In fact I never get good deals either.
Old November 5, 2019, 02:49 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ssei
I absolutely hate flying 19-20 hour (Toronto to Dhaka) in econ class. When I was a student, used to think that I would fly buss someday....never happened as I have to pay for 4 now...grrrrrr

Never got upgraded either although my wife got once with my Etihad points...grrrrrr

In fact I never get good deals either.
How convenient. My first trip to US: 1. Dhaka to Bangkok (over night stay there), 2. Bangkok to Taipei, 3. Taipei to Tokyo, 4. Tokyo to Seattle, 5. Seattle to Salt Lake city, 6. Salt Lake City to Minneapolis, 7. Minneapolis to Souix City (and lost my only luggage). 2 and a half days later....
Old Today, 02:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wang Liqin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
How convenient. My first trip to US: 1. Dhaka to Bangkok (over night stay there), 2. Bangkok to Taipei, 3. Taipei to Tokyo, 4. Tokyo to Seattle, 5. Seattle to Salt Lake city, 6. Salt Lake City to Minneapolis, 7. Minneapolis to Souix City (and lost my only luggage). 2 and a half days later....
My first trip to Canada when I was 19:

1a. Dhaka to London
My dad dropped me off at Dhaka airport. Damn BA flight did not fly due to heavy fog. I was put in a shitty hotel, called home, Dad picked me up and went home.
1b. Dhaka to London (2nd attempt)
So, I had my see-off crying episode for the 2nd time with mom. Off to airport again.
2. London to Montreal
Obviously I couldn't catch the scheduled flight from LHR. Over-night stay in London, 0C with only a fall jacket. Next day, BA attendant made me open my check-in bag to reduce 2 kgs. Had to take 1 pair of boots out and put in my backpack. Reached Montreal after 42+ hr delay.
Mom gave some food and customs opened all my bags. I was told I'm being added to a blacklist, I said I don't give a s***; just let me go.
3. Montreal to Windsor
My cousin picked me up, stayed at his place overnight and then took a 11-hr train journey to Windsor.

After like 4 days, I reached my final destination. Things happen to everyone I suppose.