facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old April 9, 2012, 08:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Historically revolutions have taken place only to run out of steam and after a few years you're left with the same type of people. The political system worldwide is just another Hydra, cut off a few heads and it grows back even more

By the time the politicians are gotten rid off, so will the World's fleet of commercial ships

Old April 9, 2012, 09:32 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

I have hope. I'll always have hope. Look at Scandinavian countries - they have many calm and composed leaders both in and out of politics.
Old April 9, 2012, 10:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Hehehehe...whos this? Hey...is this Gopal...heheheh?
Old April 9, 2012, 11:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Hey, what's cooking BK?

I don't understand your reference. Who's Gopal?

PO

Roey
Old April 10, 2012, 01:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Ministry car, Tk 70 lakh, some puzzles

At around 11:30pm on Monday, a railway ministry car pulled over beside the guardroom at the main entrance to the Pilkhana BGB headquarters in the capital and hollered that there were stashes of bribe money in the vehicle.

BGB personnel searched the car and found Tk 70 lakh.

They detained the driver and three others, who turned out to be railway minister's Assistant Personal Secretary (APS) Omar Faruq Talukder, Bangladesh Railway General Manager (East) Yusuf Ali Mridha and its Chief Commandant Enamul Huq, said sources in police and BGB.

Ali Azam, the driver of APS Omar, drove the vehicle carrying the APS and two other officials to gate-4 at Jhigatola after they refused to give him Tk 5 lakh as a share of the money, the sources said.

BGB members seized Tk 70 lakh and kept the four detained at the Pilkhana BGB headquarters. The detainees were released at around 1:00pm yesterday.

Wishing anonymity, a senior police official of Dhaka Metropolitan Police said the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) personnel had informed them about the incident and asked them to take the detainees in police custody.

But police did not respond, as no case had been filed in this connection, the police official said.

Despite repeated attempts, neither Omar Faruq nor Yusuf Ali could be reached over the phone.

No official statements on the incident have come from police or the railway ministry.

UNB reports: Faruq said over the phone that he was carrying Tk 25-30 lakh that belonged to his brother-in-law. But he did not say anything about the source of the money.

Maj Gen Anwar Hossain, director general of the BGB, told The Daily Star that the BGB men detained the four on suspicion. "They were freed after their identities were verified."

It was a misunderstanding, he added.

Railway Minister Suranjit Sengupta told journalists yesterday that he had formed two separate committees to probe the incident.

"Joint Secretary (Administration) Shashi Bhushan Singha and my Personal Secretary Akhtaruzzaman will be in charge of the two committees,” said the minister.

The committees were asked to submit reports within 15 working days.

The minister said he heard that the driver was trying to abduct his APS, Omar Faruq.

Bangladesh Railway Director General Mohammad Abu Taher, who was out of the capital, told The Daily Star that he had been informed about the incident.

"I shall try to get the details after I reach Dhaka tomorrow [today],” he said.

Meanwhile, BNP acting secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said the ruling party men broke all records of corruption, as bags full of money were found in the cars of lawmaker and minister.

“Think how much money is being looted…76 lakh taka have been found in the car of a minister's assistant personal secretary. Another 80 lakh taka were found in a lawmaker's car,” he said at a discussion organised by Jatiyatabadi Muktijoddha Dal in the capital.

He urged ruling party lawmakers and ministers to disclose their wealth.

The BNP leader said at least Tk 400 crore is required to set up a bank, and ruling party leaders earned that money within only four years.

“People want to know about the ruling party men's wealth. How did they get that huge amount of money?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roey, this is no tirade...but a glimmer of your tirade.
Old April 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Ministry car, Tk 70 lakh, some puzzles

At around 11:30pm on Monday, a railway ministry car pulled over beside the guardroom at the main entrance to the Pilkhana BGB headquarters in the capital and hollered that there were stashes of bribe money in the vehicle.

BGB personnel searched the car and found Tk 70 lakh.

They detained the driver and three others, who turned out to be railway minister's Assistant Personal Secretary (APS) Omar Faruq Talukder, Bangladesh Railway General Manager (East) Yusuf Ali Mridha and its Chief Commandant Enamul Huq, said sources in police and BGB.

Ali Azam, the driver of APS Omar, drove the vehicle carrying the APS and two other officials to gate-4 at Jhigatola after they refused to give him Tk 5 lakh as a share of the money, the sources said.

BGB members seized Tk 70 lakh and kept the four detained at the Pilkhana BGB headquarters. The detainees were released at around 1:00pm yesterday.

Wishing anonymity, a senior police official of Dhaka Metropolitan Police said the Border Guard Bangladesh (BGB) personnel had informed them about the incident and asked them to take the detainees in police custody.

But police did not respond, as no case had been filed in this connection, the police official said.

Despite repeated attempts, neither Omar Faruq nor Yusuf Ali could be reached over the phone.

No official statements on the incident have come from police or the railway ministry.

UNB reports: Faruq said over the phone that he was carrying Tk 25-30 lakh that belonged to his brother-in-law. But he did not say anything about the source of the money.

Maj Gen Anwar Hossain, director general of the BGB, told The Daily Star that the BGB men detained the four on suspicion. "They were freed after their identities were verified."

It was a misunderstanding, he added.

Railway Minister Suranjit Sengupta told journalists yesterday that he had formed two separate committees to probe the incident.

"Joint Secretary (Administration) Shashi Bhushan Singha and my Personal Secretary Akhtaruzzaman will be in charge of the two committees,” said the minister.

The committees were asked to submit reports within 15 working days.

The minister said he heard that the driver was trying to abduct his APS, Omar Faruq.

Bangladesh Railway Director General Mohammad Abu Taher, who was out of the capital, told The Daily Star that he had been informed about the incident.

"I shall try to get the details after I reach Dhaka tomorrow [today],” he said.

Meanwhile, BNP acting secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said the ruling party men broke all records of corruption, as bags full of money were found in the cars of lawmaker and minister.

“Think how much money is being looted…76 lakh taka have been found in the car of a minister's assistant personal secretary. Another 80 lakh taka were found in a lawmaker's car,” he said at a discussion organised by Jatiyatabadi Muktijoddha Dal in the capital.

He urged ruling party lawmakers and ministers to disclose their wealth.

The BNP leader said at least Tk 400 crore is required to set up a bank, and ruling party leaders earned that money within only four years.

“People want to know about the ruling party men's wealth. How did they get that huge amount of money?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roey, this is no tirade...but a glimmer of your tirade.

Thanks for the post. I'm stunned. This is beyond belief. It makes my stomach turn to know that one of my neighbors back in Bd used to be the APS to some minister. God knows how much money she looted.

PO

Roey
Old April 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, mushy

haha Babu to red handed caught hoye gelo.
Old April 12, 2012, 01:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Pardon me for my lack of understanding: Ami ei thread er aaga matha kichhui bujhlam na...
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old April 14, 2012, 07:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

Roey - you're a breath of fresh air here. Carry on mayne!
Old April 14, 2012, 07:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom

subhanAllah this is so funny!
Old April 20, 2012, 09:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Yeah? What else are you learning? I'm quite fascinated. Do tell us. Surely it isn't grammar.

PO

Roey
what else I am learning? "Pipilikar pakha gojay moribar tore". know Bangla kiddo? I guess they don't teach you Bangla along with other things in your grammar school.
Old April 20, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Roey you are my new favorite member. LIke Elec said. Carry on.
Old April 21, 2012, 04:55 PM
Cricket Legend

http://edailystar.com/index.php?opt=...ate=2012-04-22
Old April 22, 2012, 06:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
what else I am learning? "Pipilikar pakha gojay moribar tore". know Bangla kiddo? I guess they don't teach you Bangla along with other things in your grammar school.
I'm trilingual, if you must be so concerned about what I know or do not. Matter of fact is firstlane, I found your first remark about me sleeping and writing quite rude, and so I made a wise a$$ reply since your grammar was there to be made fun off. If I touched a nerve, then I'm sorry.
Old April 22, 2012, 06:42 AM
Administrator

People in glass houses should not throw stones. I one wants to point out grammatical errors one has to be very sure that one's own posts are error free. Go back and check.

It is usually considered bad form to be a forum grammar-Nazi, especially if you happen to be in a forum where not everyone's first language is English.

Why get so acerbic in your response? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Old April 22, 2012, 06:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
People in glass houses should not throw stones. I one wants to point out grammatical errors one has to be very sure that one's own posts are error free. Go back and check.

It is usually considered bad form to be a forum grammar-Nazi, especially if you happen to be in a forum where not everyone's first language is English.

Why get so acerbic in your response? You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

You are not looking at the root of the problem Zunaid. Not about being a grammar nazi. Not about first languages. Not about acerbity. Fact is if you are rude, you will get a response. And at that time, he had the guts to so snidely comment on the piece, alluding to me sleeping and writing it. And so I had to put him down. Not bluntly, mind you! But in a clever way. Would you rather have preferred me to just call him out and make it boring for everybody else? Didn't think so.
Old April 22, 2012, 07:15 AM
Administrator

I do think so. Remember, the report button is there for a reason. There is a high road and there is a low road. Someone who consistently takes the low road is disrupting the forum. And that becomes a violation of our forum norms. It does not matter if you are a byakaron tirtho or not. A word of advice - ruminate on this: have you perhaps thought that the reason for the so-called 'rude' posts is because how you phrase your posts? Think about it. This does not require a response. Not everything does. Think about that too.
Old April 22, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. Why sink a ship? Why get hand dirty with blood? Who would give the blood money then?

2. $2 Billion is nothing. If there is any way to freeze their spouse's accounts ONLY, we could do "Podda shetu" easily.

Solution: Send them and their family with the current suprecourt judges, High Govt. officials, criminals in a large cruize to Australia, I mean St. Martin. Bring back the cruize empty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Hoque
..And so I had to put him down...
No you didn't had to.

Advice: If I swear or say something to you, do you become that? Similarly, if bunch of people say something to you try to ignore in public forums. 1) Your 'class' only gets higher. 2) You grow up fast in others eyes and demand respect. 3) Read my Sig. Afterall wasn't it you who said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Hoque
...Listen my Bengy, develop a strong chin. So such words don't sway you in the future.
Old April 22, 2012, 09:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Advice: If I swear or say something to you, do you become that? Similarly, if bunch of people say something to you try to ignore in public forums. 1) Your 'class' only gets higher. 2) You grow up fast in others eyes and demand respect. 3) Read my Sig. Afterall wasn't it you who said,

But I didn't let it sway me. That's the difference. Just because something elicits a response from me, doesn't mean I'm maddened inside. Which is why my response was equally flippant in nature, nothing too serious.

But in any case, I see your bigger message. And yeah, it's just not worth bickering over these things. Sure.I'll try to keep it in mind next time some of these pretentious fools take a snide crack at me.
Old April 22, 2012, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

People in glass houses! No one saw the irony in the ACC taking part in corruption.
Old April 22, 2012, 09:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
One does not tirade. One has a tirade. One harangues. One chastises. And one is also mindful of the forum rules.

Old April 22, 2012, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
But I didn't let it sway me.......I'll try to keep it in mind next time some of these pretentious fools take a snide crack at me.
Do you see the irony in this? This recursive self-referential statement. Perhaps they are NOT the pretentious fools. Perhaps your snide ripostes make them think you are the pretentious one.

I am going asking you very seriously to internalize the last few posts before you comment.
Old April 22, 2012, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Zsayeed bhai - tired of having to post the same wren and martin picture out of context over and over again and not get a response? How about I trade my strunk and white for your wren and martin?
Old April 22, 2012, 02:14 PM
Cricket Legend

sorry, what was the context? not checking grammar? glass house? telling someone not to while doing it yourself. i believe very much in context. i did quote...no?
Old April 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
sorry, what was the context? not checking grammar? glass house? telling someone not to while doing it yourself. i believe very much in context. i did quote...no?
Seriously?

Are you holding a grudge for a funny play on words that was not oven directed at your post?

My apologies as my barb was misdirected.

Peace out.

I need to attend remedial humor classes.