facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old February 6, 2007, 03:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

It was a much needed loss. I'm pretty happy that it happened on the 2nd ODI, not on the 4th ODI.
If we would have won this one then team management would never thought about other options. They would have tried to keep the winning combination. This will give everyone some breathing space when they can think about other options and the weakness of the current team.

Someone can have bad days as well. I'm not counting Bashar and Sakib on this ground, I'm not counting our bowlers as well.

Mehrab Jr should be replaced by Tamim and now management will think about it.
People will feel sidelining Ashraful for Sharif. Also, Mushfiq showed that we don't need Pilot. Costly Shahadat will be cautioned, otherwise will be shown his way. I hope these things will take place. I'm always optimistic about BD team and still want to see this loss as something that will bring good to the team.

Old February 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
Club Cricketer

Listen i think it was difficult batting early in the morning, as far as i know in harare ground may had due in the air and a bit of early morning breeze. We shouldnt jump to conclusions and think it was just our batsman's fault. I think it was a bad decision Bashar decided to bat, when it obvious in those conditions (as i just said above) ball is gonna swing. Guys condition matters heaps but to some degree a proffesinal side would have being extra cautious and would have batted out 50 overs getting 220 or 230. When zimbabwe came into bat i think they were lucky to bat 2nd, when the conditions became better for batting. There is no pressure chasing 156 guys. Listen be positive we still have 2 more matches left we have to fight it out and we are alot better side than the zimbos.
Old February 6, 2007, 04:08 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
And Miraz bhai should be fired
before firing, I handed my resignation.

This is most probably my last match thread in BC.
Old February 6, 2007, 05:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
before firing, I handed my resignation.

This is most probably my last match thread in BC.

aree... korey ki.... korey ki.... bangladesh-e ki kew ghar dhorey Ber na Korley... nijey theke jai naki?
Old February 6, 2007, 06:05 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Wow, things don't look good before the WC. Oh well nothing new I guess, but a defeat to Zimb? Not acceptable, if we do not win the rest of the games then the conclusion is we are in the same place where we were 2 years back.
Old February 6, 2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

We have been playing against ZIM for quite some time now.

But, it's still painful to see that our team is still not in a position to thrash ZIM every match and send them back crying.

One would expect each of our .. at least .. top 5 batsmen to score 50's and 100's regulalrly against them. But, what do they do? Single digit individual scores or well below 50.

Our batsmen still lack confidence and ... ability as well ???

We can't expect beating England and moving up the rankings unless our players make themselves consistent performers.

Sigh! We still gotta play ZIM for at least a year more before we are ready to move on.

Old February 6, 2007, 07:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

It really doesn’t matter if the pitch was really slow in the morning, BD team should have known it before hand. I mean they have gained some experience to know it. ZIM won the toss and elected to field because of the pitch condition; but after BD batted the pitch became friendlier for the ZIM batting line up. What I am disappointed about is the extreme results. In one hand winning 5-0 series then winning the first game and and on the other hand a team total of only 150s!!! I mean what was that? Is BD team still unpredictable?
Old February 6, 2007, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

I think u guys forgot that this is an ODI match and anything can happen on a given day. BD won 9 games in a row and 7 of them against Zim. So we can always have one off day. I am sure they will bounce back in the next match. If they dont then I will worry more. This might be a blessing in disguise as the think tank will try diff combinations.
Old February 6, 2007, 07:44 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: All BD team players

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Tigers
I think u guys forgot that this is an ODI match and anything can happen on a given day. BD won 9 games in a row and 7 of them against Zim. So we can always have one off day. I am sure they will bounce back in the next match. If they dont then I will worry more. This might be a blessing in disguise as the think tank will try diff combinations.
I totally agree with you, but what I am saying is that, even though you are allowed to loose but at least you have to be competitive, you should put up a competitive total or restrict the batsmen from scoring runs. I didn’t watch the live feed, but from the scores it looks like the game was totally one sided play. If BD faced bad condition and ended up with a total of 153, they should at least restrict ZIM from scoring, but see the ZIM score card, they scored 156 with 8 wickets remaining and 14.4 overs in hand. Is that a competitive innings? If ZIM won with 2 wickets in hand in 45th over, I wouldn’t have mind. But what I am saying BD team could have been more viable.
Old February 6, 2007, 08:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond
I totally agree with you, but what I am saying is that, even though you are allowed to loose but at least you have to be competitive, you should put up a competitive total or restrict the batsmen from scoring runs. I didn’t watch the live feed, but from the scores it looks like the game was totally one sided play. If BD faced bad condition and ended up with a total of 153, they should at least restrict ZIM from scoring, but see the ZIM score card, they scored 156 with 8 wickets remaining and 14.4 overs in hand. Is that a competitive innings? If ZIM won with 2 wickets in hand in 45th over, I wouldn’t have mind. But what I am saying BD team could have been more viable.
Good one. Ask these questions to our beloved captain Habibul.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old February 6, 2007, 08:38 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Its one thing to be better than some side and totally another thing to be complecent about it... I don't want our team to take them lightly... now its time to get back to work.
I for one don't quite understand where all these accusations of complacency coming from. Bashar has infact gone on to show a ton of respect for this Zimbabwean side.

An excerpt from a CricInfo article :

Quote:
"I do not believe that Zimbabwe are a weak side, as said by most people but they I think they will actually help us develop our game," said Habibul Bashar, Bangladesh's captain, on arrival in town yesterday. "Look at what has been happening to us since we started playing them. If they were a weak side then what would be the point in being here at all for any matches?" A good question.
There's zero complacency in Bashar's comments. The only other way to spot any sense of complacency amongst the BD team would be to note their body-language in matches against Zimbabwe, which you can't do unless there's TV coverage. So accusing this team of being complacent is merely over-analyzing and putting them under unnecessary scrutiny.
Old February 6, 2007, 08:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBond
I agree with u, but just like I was saying we were having a bad day. I hope that's the only time tho and Insha Allah they will be back to their groove in next match.
Old February 6, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Rafique Proved One Famous Bangla Line "Puran Chaal Bhate Bare".

2nd Match is the Result of Over-Confidence. It was a Bad Day for Our Team. Wish, The Next Two Days will be Good Day. Otherwise........................

Good Luck for the Next Match.
Old February 7, 2007, 12:20 AM
Club Cricketer

This loss was very disheartening in view of the upcoming world cup where BD faces India in the first game.

But whatever, let us hope for the best in the interest of Cricket in general.
Old February 7, 2007, 12:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamnew
This loss was very disheartening in view of the upcoming world cup where BD faces India in the first game.

welcome back...please keep the posting sensible.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 7, 2007, 09:56 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamnew

Where is our old Kamini? What you have done with her? Who are you? A body snatcher?
Old February 7, 2007, 09:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

But my question is since when Rafique became right handed? Is that the reason behind his recent form with the bat? Maybe!!!
Old February 7, 2007, 10:02 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Where is our old Kamini?
Our old Kamini got banned
Old February 8, 2007, 05:53 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Thank god I didn't have to follow this miserable performance. Now I know technical difficulty can be positive and pave the way for more constructive things in life.
Old February 8, 2007, 10:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinW
I have heard that the third and fourth matches have been sold to Bangladesh TV. Sorry, have no more details ...
Any clue about this?

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ