facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old February 14, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The venerated one on BC.

The HEAT. That's all.

Old February 14, 2012, 10:24 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Hollywood would struggle to make this up. I thought Shakib's single handed performance against NZ in 2010 was impressive but this is just mind boggling

Old February 14, 2012, 10:30 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Old February 15, 2012, 10:50 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Linsanity continues
Old February 15, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

happy vaLINtine's day! I can't believe I missed this game!
Old February 15, 2012, 03:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Jeremy Lin - the ultimate thriller in NBA. He sucked the sinking Raptors.
Old February 15, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

LET'S GO NY!
I've been a Knicks fan ever since I could understand what I was watching on TV, through all the rough years and everything. I watch and play a ridiculous amount of basketball and the Lin Era is just something unheard of. This is just fantastic. I just wanna see what's gonna happen when Melo's back in the lineup.
Old February 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Kings are in Jeremy Lin TOWN! I'd love to see kings beat em, would be GREAT for the kings! But I highly doubt that would happen.
Old February 16, 2012, 12:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

playing back to backs games in NBA is always tough, kudos to Knicks for winning 7 games in a row.

Games I am personally looking forward to:

on the 23rd of February, Heat plays the Knicks...
I wonder how would the likes of Lin would fare against Rondo when they play Celtics.
Mavericks, Spurs, Oklahoma city, The whole NBA is ready to take on Jeremy.

What i like about Lin is that He is a total team player, he is not really a flashy athletic player, but he is very smart, with a high Basketball IQ, which is why he gets a lot of assists. He knows how to get everyone involved in the team, that's why there are 6/7 players with more than 10+ points in tonight's win against Sacramento. When you get your teammates involved like that, i tell you what, you become a tough team to beat! Based on the interviews so far, He is very respectful and humble. He can drain that shot in clutch situations too, so far promising signs for the Knicks. Let's see how the knicks do when Carmello Anthony comes back.
Old February 16, 2012, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Lin has been fantastic. Absolutely amazing to watch. He needs to stop turning over the ball so much though.
Old February 16, 2012, 01:43 AM
Banned

Can we not go down the route of high basketball IQ - I'm glad he is doing well, and yes he spreads the ball well, but he is also averaging 6 turnovers a game, surely that counters the high basketball IQ argument.

Racked up another 8 last time out to go with his 13 assists.
Old February 16, 2012, 02:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Can we not go down the route of high basketball IQ - I'm glad he is doing well, and yes he spreads the ball well, but he is also averaging 6 turnovers a game, surely that counters the high basketball IQ argument.

Racked up another 8 last time out to go with his 13 assists.
High Basketball IQ refers to knowing where your teammates are, good shots selection, drawing double teams, getting everyone in your team involved. I will agree though that he is not a good ball-handler. This indicates lack of ball protecting skills rather than being Smart, something he has work on...remember he is not really that tall or well built like his other NBA comrades
Old February 16, 2012, 02:20 AM
Banned

I just find it to be such a tired cliche....

Point out any decent PG in the NBA, and they all do those things, no need to point out Lin too possesses this basic requirement of a PG in the NBA. To his credit, he does run the pick and roll to near perfection, and is pretty good at seeing passing lanes, along with the ability to get decent penetration on his drives.
Old February 16, 2012, 01:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am amazed with Lin's play. The TO will go down after few seasons. Off season workout should help tremendously. He has the potential to be bigger than Yao Ming. As for fragile figure, that would improve in few seasons after few conditioning camps. Reggie Miller wasn't LeBron James type. Yet he was a super star in NBA for many years. He could never beat his sister (Cheryl Miller) though in HORSE.
Old February 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

LeBron James says he wouldn't rule out playing again for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Back in the city where he began his NBA career, Miami's All-Star forward said Thursday he could see himself playing in Cleveland, and if he decided to return he hopes "the fans would accept me."

He likes to be a CC again, his passion for the city doesn't go away. A true CC by heart.
Old February 16, 2012, 04:31 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FagunerAgun
LeBron James says he wouldn't rule out playing again for the Cleveland Cavaliers. Back in the city where he began his NBA career, Miami's All-Star forward said Thursday he could see himself playing in Cleveland, and if he decided to return he hopes "the fans would accept me."

He likes to be a CC again, his passion for the city doesn't go away. A true CC by heart.
This is second guessing himself. And what drama he created on primetime TV with his "decision" episode. I thought he wanted 10 rings for Miami? Not 1, not 2, and he went on and on ...

I like the guy and his game. This non-sense talk bothers me. Too soft.
Old February 16, 2012, 10:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycpro96
LET'S GO NY!
I've been a Knicks fan ever since I could understand what I was watching on TV, through all the rough years and everything. I watch and play a ridiculous amount of basketball and the Lin Era is just something unheard of. This is just fantastic. I just wanna see what's gonna happen when Melo's back in the lineup.
What most people don't realize is the other rookie, Iman Shumpert, is also playing at a very high level, both at the defensive and offensive ends. Another great thing about the Knicks, they're big. Even Shumpert at 6'5" and Lin at 6'3" are pretty tall for their respective positions. There are talks of bringing J.R. Smith into the fold. He's a great shooter and a gritty defender. If Melo and Lin can find a way to share the ball peacefully, I think the Knicks have got what it takes to give the Heat a run for their money.
Old February 17, 2012, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
What most people don't realize is the other rookie, Iman Shumpert, is also playing at a very high level, both at the defensive and offensive ends. Another great thing about the Knicks, they're big. Even Shumpert at 6'5" and Lin at 6'3" are pretty tall for their respective positions. There are talks of bringing J.R. Smith into the fold. He's a great shooter and a gritty defender. If Melo and Lin can find a way to share the ball peacefully, I think the Knicks have got what it takes to give the Heat a run for their money.
Getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. And not nearly enough respect being shown to the Bulls and Rose.
Old February 17, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Old February 17, 2012, 10:58 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Jeremy Lin avatars are up! Anyone got any other request? Im doing NBA avatars.
Old February 18, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
Getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of yourself. And not nearly enough respect being shown to the Bulls and Rose.
Here's my thoughts on Bulls lineup vs Knicks--
At center, I'd take Tyson over Noah (Skill wise they're almost even, but Tyson has more heart and championship experience)
At Power Forward, Amare is clearly better than Boozer
At Small forward, Carmelo is better than Deng
At Shooting guard, J.R Smith/Shumpert/Novak vs Hamilton/Brewer is a wash mainly because Hamilton has become very injury prone at this phase of his career...
At Point Guard, Rose is better than Lin...no argument there

So purely from a talent/skill perspective, there's only one position where the Bulls trump the Knicks. With the Knicks current roster, it's never been a question of talent, the issue has been lack of cohesion and chemistry in the team, and not having a true playmaker to distribute the ball well enough to help Carmelo get his 25, Amare his 20, J.R. Smith his 15, Shumpert/Novak/Fields their 10 on a nightly basis. Tyson will get his 10 without demanding the ball anyway.

So the most important impact of Linsanity's emergence--It puts players back in their natural positions. Carmelo can go back to playing small forward instead of point forward, Amare can play power forward instead of God knows what position he was playing, and the shooting guards can play their natural roles.

Here's another curious aspect of the shift in dynamics we've witnessed--Before Linsanity, Knicks had lost 11 out of 13 matches with Carmelo running point. With Linsanity, they've won 7 in a row minus their two marquee players. If Knicks start losing again when Melo returns and goes back to his ball hogging ways, New Yorkers will despise him forever. I doubt he'll take that risk. He's too talented and got burnt way too many times, not to realize, by allowing Lin to run the show, he can still be the primary scorer and still take the last shot most of the time when the game is on the line.
Old February 18, 2012, 01:31 PM
Cricket Sage

The turnovers for Lin are a huge concern... Last night they could have easily won, but didn't!

Gotta Credit the New Orleans and Trevor Ariza. The Hornets are in prime form right now...three in a row!
Old February 18, 2012, 01:41 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

End of Lin?
Old February 18, 2012, 02:33 PM
Cricket Sage

Old February 18, 2012, 07:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
The turnovers for Lin are a huge concern... Last night they could have easily won, but didn't!

Gotta Credit the New Orleans and Trevor Ariza. The Hornets are in prime form right now...three in a row!
Let's face it...Hornets had a breakout game last night...every time Knicks made a run, they kept responding without letting the Knicks build any momentum...even the lowly Nets had a game like that today against the mighty Bulls.

That said, there are areas where Lin can improve. Thing I like about this kid, he's taken the world by storm and yet he's down to earth and humble. Heck...after carrying the team to a wire to wire win, he refuses to take any credit and praises his team mates for bailing him out. If he doesn't let the fame get into his head, and stays humble, he'll learn how to adapt and he'll learn fast.

When Carmelo is back, the opposition defenses will have to focus more on him and Lin will get even more room to operate...turnovers will consequently come down...the guy's a winner and plays much better under pressure...he was missing free throws and committing turnovers early on...but when it was crunch time he made all his free throws and didn't commit any more turnovers...now I'm interested to see how he responds after they have a bad patch and how Carmelo adapts his game.