facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 31, 2005, 03:30 PM
Club Cricketer

Default Bashar stole Aftab\'s thunder?

Do u think bashar played selfish cricket and aftab could have completed his maiden century if bashar had given aftab more strike?

Old January 31, 2005, 03:36 PM
Cricket Sage

No. See the comment by Aftab below (in Daily Star)

But he(Aftab) had no regrets falling 19 runs short of the magical three-figure.

"My target was to stay at the wicket and help the team win, I was not after a century. Also I am more happy because this innings silenced my critics who kept saying: 'I cannot bat for long periods'," he said.

source
Old January 31, 2005, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

It's hard, almost impossible to satisy a bangla fan.

Paglar Baba, Please help!!!!
Old January 31, 2005, 03:39 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Sakib

We never seize to amaize ourselves with these silly threads. BD played to win and they did so as a team. Personal goals and records should come second to the team and it did. If Aftab wanted to go for his century he would have done that at least half an hour before the game was over. How can this be an issue when the team has won; the country is at a state of joy. The selfish thing here would have been for Aftab to think about his century (which he DID NOT) and anyone of us to think that too. Guys lets just enjoy the victory and look forward the bright future of BD Cricket. The fans also have responsibility to support the team and to bring positive influence on upcoming stars of the country.
Old January 31, 2005, 04:07 PM
Club Cricketer

Basher is criticized very often as we had the record of least success. How hard this is for a captain to shoulder the responsibility under this circumstances- we should understand.
So how can he take things without being rational. He played his own game..34 out of 37 balls. Don't forget Basher is also a stroke maker. So he played his game and hit the well deserved winning shot.
Aftab will get more chances to score 100s if he can play his game.
Old January 31, 2005, 04:10 PM
First Class Cricketer

I agree - Bashar has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he's a very good team player. Remember his contribution to the first test win .. yet he gave away the stumps to others.
Old January 31, 2005, 04:46 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Aftab...never even tried to get his century...he was content to take singles and give strike to Rafique and then later Bashar...his obvious goal was to stay there till the end...and see Bangladesh home...sorry to say this...but this is a rubbish thread if you followed the game last night.
Old January 31, 2005, 05:01 PM
First Class Cricketer

Hey priority number one was to win the match, win the series, what would have happened if Bashar had defended and got out, and Aftab felt the pressure of getting a 100 then what .... what you guys say. Yes its sad he didnt get it but his young if he has the belief there will be plenty of opportunity around the corner .....
Old January 31, 2005, 05:11 PM
ODI Cricketer

Think of it this way; maybe the goal was to overcome the ever familiar BD trend of loosing wickets in quick succession.. mainly those of set players... Bangladesh did that yesterday..See in the triumph these small objectives are also met which is very critical for the success of BD players and BD cricket. Bangladesh is slowly becoming a team and a force to reckon with and BD needed to prove that today (or yesterday) and they did that!!
Old January 31, 2005, 05:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: sreesanth

Abol tabol thread create koren keno?????????
Old January 31, 2005, 06:05 PM
Test Cricketer

We are not Australia, so it is ridiculous to compare Bashar/Aftab with Ponting/Clarke. The number one objective was to win the game (and series). Bashar came in and did his job. Any deviation from the game plan could have had undesirable results. If anything, it showed that Bashar played professionally. He doesn't let emotions get in the way of accomplishing a task.
Old January 31, 2005, 06:55 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Mon
hahahaha

now for DJ:, translation goes:

Why do (you) create nonsense threads like this?

-It is really funny when read in Bengali: when you consider the usage of nonsensical, rhyming double-words (Abol tabol) to denote generality of the idea...

Edited on, January 31, 2005, 11:56 PM GMT, by BushidoTiger.
Old January 31, 2005, 07:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pompous
but this is a rubbish thread if you followed the game last night.
Sad thing is a lot of silly ppl following the game on paltalk were complaining while Bashar was batting.

Anyway... consider this senario...

say when Bashar came into bat they decided to go for Aftab's century. But under the pressure Aftab got out, and there was a callopse in the batting... that wud ruin the whole fun we got from the match.
Old January 31, 2005, 07:53 PM
Street Cricketer

First i like to thank and congradulate all BD players and thier supporters. As a bangladeshi I am very much proud of them. Aftab played an excellent role in this historic game. He had good chance to make his 1st ever 100 when his partner was Rafiq. I felt that after he reached his 50, he didnt open up his bat for century..ppl who watched the game may agree with me. It seemed to me that he was concentrating on securing the win rather than going for his centruy. Even when bashar came as his partner, he didnt try for century. Another thing was bashar found some easy ball that he could not let it go w/o hitting for single or boundaries..This is ODI and it has to be played this way. Winning the game is more important and than making records....Previously we had alot of records but didnot have a good win that could make us feel proud..Now we have.....Inshallah BD player will keep their spirit....
--A proud Bangladeshi !!
Old January 31, 2005, 10:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

feeling sorry for the one who created this thread... he is getting bashed bigtime! lolzzz

Yeah...really pointless thread. Attn : Educated cricket mind needed.
Old January 31, 2005, 10:22 PM
BC Editorial Team

Default Danger! Danger!

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Yeah...really pointless thread. Attn : Educated cricket mind needed.
careful - you might be labeled a smart bottom for suggesting this, as I know from personal experience!

As to the actual thread .. ."montobbo nishproyojon"
Old January 31, 2005, 11:09 PM
Cricket Sage

If its so pointless, why people are wasting their time and contibuting to this thread even though they beleive its a 'pointless' thread?

Now why I am wasting my time? I am one of the so called un-educated cricket mind.:P

Edited on, February 1, 2005, 4:10 AM GMT, by Fazal.
Old February 1, 2005, 11:42 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Originally posted by Mon
hehehehe!!!!! Guyver bhai bhalo bolecchen!!!