facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 26, 2014, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I was huge fan. Plus he's a fellow Sylheti. But alas, although he had superb work ethic - probably even better than Mushy's - he just didn't have the talent.
Another player who Should have played Tests only

Old April 26, 2014, 10:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
I was huge fan. Plus he's a fellow Sylheti. But alas, although he had superb work ethic - probably even better than Mushy's - he just didn't have the talent.
He still has the work ethic in him. He tried to do what Masud did with Rajshahi. I know couple years ago when he was in charge of Sylhet NCL team, he used to invite all the players well ahead of the FC season to get together and hold mini camps (work out, practice, bond etc). Since he is not the captain anymore I don't know how much power he has over the team.
Old April 26, 2014, 10:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Rajin's main problem was that he was way too defensive. A SR of a 35 in Tests is just too slow. Many of the top players have SRs in the mid 50s and even the low 60s. It was a combo of a lack of talent and also a defensive attitude that caused the downfall for Rajin. Even in Tests, you need to rotate the strike consistently and hit boundaries when on offer. If you don't, it's very hard to succeed in international cricket.

Thankfully our players nowadays are much better in that department. They score a lot more consistently. The main problem with our current players though is still the lack of concentration on getting big scores. That does come with a lack of experience still in Test matches and that's something our players need to work harder on.
Old April 26, 2014, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Had the technique and work ethic but his slow strike well it was partly due to defensiveness and also part due to lack of talent. Had (maybe still has) some wonderful shots but he doesn't play them often enough and one reason is because he can only play certain shots to certain balls, if he could have improved on that then he may have become a decent international batsman.
Old April 26, 2014, 11:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
He still has the work ethic in him. He tried to do what Masud did with Rajshahi. I know couple years ago when he was in charge of Sylhet NCL team, he used to invite all the players well ahead of the FC season to get together and hold mini camps (work out, practice, bond etc). Since he is not the captain anymore I don't know how much power he has over the team.
Which is why a guy like Rajin can be valuable to hold talent hunts, and camps in Sylhet. Possibly, he could start an Academy like Pilot's. He's a genuine guy.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old April 27, 2014, 08:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Had the technique and work ethic but his slow strike well it was partly due to defensiveness and also part due to lack of talent. Had (maybe still has) some wonderful shots but he doesn't play them often enough and one reason is because he can only play certain shots to certain balls, if he could have improved on that then he may have become a decent international batsman.
Agreed. That's the worry I have with Naeem as well. He's pretty consistent with the way he scores but again a SR of a 37 might not get him far in Tests which is why he might miss out in the next Test tour even.
Old April 27, 2014, 08:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Which is why a guy like Rajin can be valuable to hold talent hunts, and camps in Sylhet. Possibly, he could start an Academy like Pilot's. He's a genuine guy.
If more of the ex players can do what Rajin and Pilot do, it can really help
Old April 27, 2014, 10:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Rajin already has a Academy. It's called something along the line of, Dokhin Shumra Cricket Academy. He used to put up pictures of his Academy once in a while in FB. I remember when Whatmore visited BD a while ago, he had Whatmore come and speak to his players. Only if BCB would invest some money on guys like Rajin.
Old April 27, 2014, 04:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Rajin already has a Academy. It's called something along the line of, Dokhin Shumra Cricket Academy. He used to put up pictures of his Academy once in a while in FB. I remember when Whatmore visited BD a while ago, he had Whatmore come and speak to his players. Only if BCB would invest some money on guys like Rajin.
Ya he would hold drills in the Sylhet stadium from what I remember. He's a good honest guy it seems although many bashed him more than our other so called superstars. I wish BCB would help players like Rajin out more but I really doubt it since they're more worried about themselves
Old May 5, 2014, 09:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Most number of FC runs by Bangladeshi batsmen -

Ashraful - 6918
Tushar - 6795
Rajin - 6676
Faisal - 6499

Hope to see someone to cross 7K next season (well, excluding Ashraful).
Old May 5, 2014, 04:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Most number of FC runs by Bangladeshi batsmen -

Ashraful - 6918
Tushar - 6795
Rajin - 6676
Faisal - 6499

Hope to see someone to cross 7K next season (well, excluding Ashraful).
where did you get these numbers from? i've never been able to find BD domestic numbers like for example total FC runs scored. or most centuries, is there a place to find them?