facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old January 11, 2007, 12:48 PM
Administrator

If we can get Younus to be CA, he might just have the weight to get AL and BNP to agree to some compromises. I also think one of the 4 advisors who resigned the first time around should be acceptable. They had shown tremendous integrity in their dealing between the two factions.

Old January 11, 2007, 12:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed_B
Its official now.

Iazuddin has just declared on BTV that he will resign!
দূর হ বেহায়া !

(It's not a polite thing to say. But why did you take position of a non-party caretaker cheif after spending all your life doing "Sada Dol" in DU)

Last edited by babubangla; January 11, 2007 at 12:56 PM..
Old January 11, 2007, 12:51 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraz
Is that to reorganize the CT government under the directive of President (as he mentioned in the speech) or they resigned on their own ?
Not sure.
Possibly they resigned on their own... because Iazuddin mentioned nothing about directing them to resign. Besides... the 10 Advisors had already decided to differ with the Chief in terms of Election on 22nd. The only one Advisor remaining could be the Senior-most person.... maybe because he has to act as the 'Acting Chief Advisor' (as said by Iazuddin) until the new advisory board is formed.
Old January 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
দূর হ বেহায়া !
Babu bhai, calling in bad names by a faction of people does not make a man worse.

I know Iajuddin personally as a University teacher, he is a good man with integrity.

Any person in similar situation when two nasty political parties are 180 degree opposite in their views and ready to destroy the country by any means would have faced the same fate (if he was the president and CA). They only sin of Iajuddin was that he was nominated and elected by BNP.

Last edited by Miraz; January 11, 2007 at 12:59 PM..
Old January 11, 2007, 12:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Babu bhai, calling in bad names by a faction of people does not make a man worse.

I know Iajuddin personally as a University teacher, he is a good man with integrity.
Bhai.... Iazuddin somporke ato bhalo kotha even BNP er lokjon o aj porjonto bolenai.
He is fully known as the most gutless man with power in BD history... and that from his first day at work as President.

Asha kori ektu porei amake AL supporter hishebe lebel korben na!
Old January 11, 2007, 01:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:

Any person in similar situation when two nasty political parties are 180 degree opposite in their views and ready to destroy the country by any means would have faced the same fate (if he was the president). They only sin of Iajuddin was that he was nominated and elected by BNP.
I understand Miraz Bhai..and so added the foot note on the original post.
The point is: this is not the first time the two nasty political parties are 180 degree opposite in their views. There were 3 other CA before him and no one acted like him. He WAS a respected person...but he allowed BNP to use him as a puppet. If you were in his position....I am 500% sure that you would not do the same thing he did.

After acting as a factor in creating this political turmoil....he deserves some bad name.
Old January 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Lately the US/UK ambassadors has been acting like the viceroys of this country.

I prefer Iajuddin's "tyranny" over those viceroys' version of "democracy"
Old January 11, 2007, 01:04 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Bhai.... Iazuddin somporke ato bhalo kotha even BNP er lokjon o aj porjonto bolenai.
He is fully known as the most gutless man with power in BD history... and that from his first day at work as President.

Asha kori ektu porei amake AL supporter hishebe lebel korben na!
I don't care what BNP men or AL men say about Iajuddin as I have said earlier that I know him personally as a teacher of Dhaka University.

Its not about saying Bhalo Kotha about someone, its about knowing a person properly. I admit that he made some bad decisions but that always happens when you work under tremendous pressure and people are being killed for political violence. Direct opposition from major political alliance made his decisions further worse.

And, he looked gutless, true but that's the way media portrayed him.

Anyway, I don't want to go into debate on this issue as that will probly not make sense.
Old January 11, 2007, 01:06 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
What about Abdur Rahman Bishwas and all those puppet presidents of 70's and 80's?
Old January 11, 2007, 01:12 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla
There were 3 other CA before him and no one acted like him. He WAS a respected person...but he allowed BNP to use him as a puppet.
Babu bhai, you have to admit that Iazuddin took the charge of CA in a very different circumstances compared to previous 3 CA. I think you probably have watched how people were killed in the street due to political violence.

In first case, BNP and AL were united.

In the second case, it followed by a very unacceptable 15 February election, in fact which led to CT governemnt system permanently.

In 3rd case, AL was in the govt. and they were happy with the setup. BNP is no good as a opposition party , in terms of raising voices and they raised some point but were not met (I think you know, they demanded resignation of CEC and in particular EC Shafiur Rahman) although they went to power in 2001.

This time it was a very different situation. Its AL in opposition and they have got very strong organinzing skill in case of 'Andolon' and President additionally took the power of CA .

Last edited by Miraz; January 11, 2007 at 01:17 PM..
Old January 11, 2007, 01:13 PM
Retired BC Admin

I'd have send the army to bring the top five (more or less) leaders of each parties, lock them in a room and tell them 'no food or drink' until a signed legally binding long term agreement on outstanding issues like election, political conduct etc is reached. Those leaders have locked the public for so long, its about time for a reversal.
Old January 11, 2007, 01:16 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
What about Abdur Rahman Bishwas and all those puppet presidents of 70's and 80's?
Just compare the situations of the 70's/80's to the ones in the 2000's... and the contributions that were desired/needed from corresponding Presidents of these periods. You will find the answer.
Old January 11, 2007, 01:21 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Ershad is having so much fun. He thinks this is better than marrying an 18 year old.
Old January 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
BC T-Shirt Design Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

It's very sad it has come to all this. Hopefully now they will agree on a "neutral" CT gov't and stop killing people for their every demand. If you thought Iajuddin had hard decisions to make, try electing the lesser of two evils.
Old January 11, 2007, 01:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Can someone please list all the reasons for blaming Yazuddin? & blaming AL? & blaming BNP? Is there any comprehensive fair article/analysis on that?
Old January 11, 2007, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Finally!!! Anyways, I don't get why they put restrictions on tv channels and newspapers. They don't want anyone to find out whats going on or what?
Old January 11, 2007, 02:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ialbd
ekhon ki civil war next?

Civil war!!? Civilians are not involved.
Old January 11, 2007, 02:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie
LOL. More like Gang war.
Old January 11, 2007, 03:07 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie
Civil war er jonno civillian lagay na rey vai. Civillian mara galey-e holo. Minimum 800 civillian plus 200 warriors (100 from each side) need to die to make it a civil war!!
So we are not too far behind.

A civil war is a war in which parties within the same culture, society or nationality fight against each other for the control of political power.
Political scientists use two criteria:
1. the warring groups must be from the same country and fighting for control of the political center or to force a major change in policy.
2. at least 1,000 people must have been killed in total, with at least 100 from each side
Source: Wikipedia
Old January 11, 2007, 03:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan

So, what do you think about the next CG's structure? Is the next CA gonna be acceptable by all sides? What about other members of the Advisory Council?

I think all are gonna be BNP-Jamat minded again unless a consensus of all parties is made.

I hope, like everybody, this consensus will come as quickly as possible. Otherwise, same old story will continue
Old January 11, 2007, 03:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Default May blocked by the government???

What happened to The Daily Star website? I'm not getting access to it. The following message is coming in display:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

Any idea, anyone?
Old January 11, 2007, 03:24 PM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
I don't care what BNP men or AL men say about Iajuddin as I have said earlier that I know him personally as a teacher of Dhaka University.

Its not about saying Bhalo Kotha about someone, its about knowing a person properly. I admit that he made some bad decisions but that always happens when you work under tremendous pressure and people are being killed for political violence. Direct opposition from major political alliance made his decisions further worse.

And, he looked gutless, true but that's the way media portrayed him.

Anyway, I don't want to go into debate on this issue as that will probly not make sense.
I agree with you. Iazuddin became CA as the last option. He was really in a bad condition and busy trying to prove himself neutral by fulfilling AL demands.
Old January 11, 2007, 03:31 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcricmad
What happened to The Daily Star website? I'm not getting access to it. The following message is coming in display:

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later

Any idea, anyone?
probably too my hits and eventual server down.

I read DS just few minutes back.
Old January 11, 2007, 03:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Out of all the ideas, I liked CM's idea the best. Lock up these idiots, and let them decide. Leave the jonogon in peace, and let these idiots beat the $hit out of each other...it's just about time that they need to agree on something. All these idiots know is how to turn the other way round, and not have a consideration for anything else other their own bloody a$$.
Old January 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I'm having the same problem with DS. Who would bring it down if there's no real government presently?

And I forgot who mentioned about the UK and US reps talking about democracy...just to let you know that I just can't agree more!