facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old October 29, 2005, 10:26 PM
Test Cricketer

Default What do you think of Iranian president\'s comment on wiping out Israel?

recently the iranian president called for Israel "to be wiped off the map"...

what do you think about his comments....??

Old October 29, 2005, 10:59 PM
Street Cricketer

1. This is either a propaganda by the West or a diversion by the Iranian Govt. to have more time to build and develope nuclear bombs - atleast to have more time with EU negotiators.

2. Or the Iranian President likes to have a leadership of the extreme elements in Iran as well as in the Middle East.

3. Or may be a simple mistake by a rookie emotional president but this type of mistake has a slim chance to succeed, and brings fatal political and strategic consequences.

Israel has a nucler submarine carrying 93 nuclear warheads with latest ICBMs to wipe out the whole Middle East in case if needed. Most of the ME leaders should know it.

Edited on, October 30, 2005, 4:08 AM GMT, by alNoor.
Old October 30, 2005, 12:01 AM
Cricket Legend

An extremely ill-timed emotional outburst by someone who should have far greater priorities in solving problems for his country, not making them!

Wipe out the whole ME? No they cant do that, they are not God, they have a stronger military than most Arab countries, thats all.
Old October 30, 2005, 12:39 AM
Cricket Legend

He is still living in Fool's world. This kind of leadership making bad name for Islam. Giving excuse to the axis of real evil - USA, UK and Israel to attack innocent people in Iraq, Gaza and next in Syria and probably Iran
Old October 30, 2005, 09:07 AM
Club Cricketer

This is indeed ill timed. Iran has got to be more prudent in dealing witht his things. This is not the time to appeal to cheap publicity rather time for Iran and everyone in that matter to be Realist.
Old October 30, 2005, 10:31 AM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

I found both comments by Irinian president and israeli president, simply funny.

funny because, I believe at this point Irianian president knows that wiping off israel off the map is not possible. but he still said it. foolish and therefore funny.

on the other hand sharon asked UN to suspend Iran's membership. Even funier. after bush making a fool out of UN who gives a damn about it? not iran, and surely not israel.
Old October 30, 2005, 10:58 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: আশরাফুল

There is no doubt in my mind that if Iran really wants to wipe off israel from the map they can do so. ALLAH knows better.
Old October 30, 2005, 11:35 AM
Street Cricketer

He just wanted to show the world that Iranian are on his side. Hence, the Mollahs in iran are not in risk.
Old October 31, 2005, 10:44 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally posted by alNoor
Israel has a nucler submarine carrying 93 nuclear warheads with latest ICBMs to wipe out the whole Middle East in case if needed. Most of the ME leaders should know it.
And the other 100+ nuclear warheads (surface to surface) that can be launched from a plane or land. And it would reach the far ends of Persia as well.
Old October 31, 2005, 02:45 PM
Club Cricketer

none of u guys think this is sick.. only worry is whether it is achievable or not........ what abunch of peaceful religious people. i am moved:-)
Old October 31, 2005, 03:15 PM
Banned

I'm wondering how this guy made it to the top. Also wondering how he's gonna save his seat after these senseless comments.
Old October 31, 2005, 03:19 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

Ha ha ha.

funny.

hi hi.

depriving people off their deserved freedom and independence for about 60 years and violiting humanity like everyday chores is not a problem but trying to end it in a brute force way is, right?
Old October 31, 2005, 05:12 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
recently the iranian president called for Israel "to be wiped off the map"...
How he is planning to do that?

With scented wiper or non-scented wiper ?

With brand name wiper like "pamper" or generic brand wiper?
Old October 31, 2005, 06:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubu
Ha ha ha.

funny.

hi hi.

depriving people off their deserved freedom and independence for about 60 years and violiting humanity like everyday chores is not a problem but trying to end it in a brute force way is, right?
Rubu miah: No amount of "ha ha" or "hi hi" would make this subject funny. Iran has made some substantial progress recently (read up about it if you wish), both in acquiring strategic weapons and technology and in economics. Iran has also made serious progress in the diplomatic area, specially in working with her allies in Europe. This effort has, thus far, been successful in fending off the warmongers.

This guy, the new president, is extremely irresponsible, in the least. It is safe to say that he, along with the rest of the world knows that he is unable to make good of any threat of that magnitude, regardless of the complete lack of judgement and dignity in his statement. He is about to make a mess of all the good progress Iran has made. He has just made the case against Iran much easier for the interested parties.

For an immediate path of correction, he should resign right away, and make arrangement for new election. Iran should place moderates as candidates. He should also apologize publicly and retract the comments.

The incident, in the least, is that much serious. There is not a single thing funny about it.
Old November 1, 2005, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Iran has made some substantial progress recently (read up about it if you wish), both in acquiring strategic weapons and technology and in economics. Iran has also made serious progress in the diplomatic area, specially in working with her allies in Europe. This effort has, thus far, been successful in fending off the warmongers.

This guy, the new president, is extremely irresponsible, in the least. It is safe to say that he, along with the rest of the world knows that he is unable to make good of any threat of that magnitude, regardless of the complete lack of judgement and dignity in his statement. He is about to make a mess of all the good progress Iran has made. He has just made the case against Iran much easier for the interested parties.

For an immediate path of correction, he should resign right away, and make arrangement for new election. Iran should place moderates as candidates. He should also apologize publicly and retract the comments.
Billah, I completely agree with you, even though I am not sure about strategic weapons and technology. Especially the relation with EU is / was remarkable. But this irresponsible guy is blowing up all the good work / image that has been done for years. The damage of these kinds of remark cant be seen in bare eyes, and always effect later, who take the responsibility at the end? NONE.

Off topic, Saddam had so many chances and time to save Iraq and her people to avoid a loosing war, but he didn't. Now who is suffering for his decision? INNOCENT people.
And the situation will not even get better, as it was before the war in a decade either.
Old November 1, 2005, 10:00 AM
Club Cricketer

There has been a recent development in Iranian politics. Ayatollah Khameni has appointed Rafshanjani and other like minded people to oversee Foreign affairs decision new president takes. this is a very good development. this will put some sort of checks and balance on what new president can do ( Not what he can say).

I believe whatever he said , he said to bolster his position among his base or for cheap popularity. Iranians have already backtracked on the comment president made. But damage was done.

But for some who echo the western propaganda of lack of freedom or whatever in Iran . Think before you say things like that. what is the gift of Western version of "Freedom" in the last couple of years. Invasion of Iraq, unstable Afghanistan, terror everywhere.

Iranians have parliamentary and presidential election in place. So they dont lack the so called freedom. They could open up a little. So could lots of other countries.

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 3:02 PM GMT, by Dream theater.
Old November 1, 2005, 10:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Iran, at least under Khatami, was a pretty ok place, western concerns over freedom was mostly hypocritical.

However, that doesnt change the fact that Iran has suffered from bad leadership quite a bit.
In spite of their oil wealth, they have problems such as massive unemployment, brain drain, inflation, etc.

Openng up their country would definitely help ordinary Iranians.
Also I have never understood their sworn hatred for Israel, what have they achieved through their hatred? Nothing.

One thing i do like is that its easier for a Bangladesh passport holder to get Iranian visas than for any any UK/US passport holder, an isolated case where worldwide trend of restricting visas to Bangladeshis is reversed.
Old November 1, 2005, 11:29 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84

Also I have never understood their sworn hatred for Israel, what have they achieved through their hatred? Nothing.
Cant agree with that. Hezbullah sponsored by iraninans and Syrians was instrumental in kicking israel out of Lebanon. Irans strong presence in the region is also act as a balancing factor ( sort of).

And Iranian economy is not as bad as most Western countries would want you to believe.

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 4:30 PM GMT, by Dream theater.
Old November 1, 2005, 12:11 PM
Test Cricketer

to be honest people dont make a big fuss out of bush's numerous reckless comments including the famous one where he wants to have a "crusade"...

only when one dude makes some reckless comments, the whole world goes nuts...

this clearly where the lines are drawn.....its like this guy is standing for trials or sth...."anything you say will be held against you"...

give him a break.......

he hates israel....so does bin laden or mahatir or millions worldwide....israelis have earned it and few remarks here and there shouldnt surprise to them...
Old November 1, 2005, 12:19 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Dream theater
And Iranian economy is not as bad as most Western countries would want you to believe.
i actually wonder how americans are gonna invade iran or syria.....if bush wants to have a last shot b4 his white house days are over....

i mean...iran is not in rubbles like iraq or afghanistan and these guys are boasting of nuclear capabilities while saddam clearly denied having WMD...

this raises a question in my mind....

the main reason why america invaded iraq was to "stop him launching his wmd within 45 minutes to any US cities"....

then why not go after north korea who have actually tested those long range missiles and saying they got nukes...??

instead they go after syria coz sum dude in lebanon got blown off in his limo.....

i know there is this oil factor involved but HELLO?? how can the world be so stupid!

i seriously wonder what america's motives are...or rather bush"s.......
Old November 1, 2005, 12:23 PM
Test Cricketer

btw, average americans dont give two hoots in what goes on in the world...

so i guess as long as the american ppl are behaving themselves like obidient little boys, rest of the world can just burn.....the least amercan government cares...

which reminds me of britney speares saying in fahrenheit 911 when question on the war on iraq or terror....."it think we should support our president in every decision he makes"...

dumb b ***h!!

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 5:24 PM GMT, by tiger_man.
Old November 1, 2005, 02:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Dream theater
Quote:
Originally posted by Banglatiger84

Cant agree with that. Hezbullah sponsored by iraninans and Syrians was instrumental in kicking israel out of Lebanon. Irans strong presence in the region is also act as a balancing factor ( sort of).

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 4:30 PM GMT, by Dream theater.
My views on the Iranian economy were based on first hand experiences as well, and not solely on media.

The good thing is that there are very few illiterates or poor people there. Everyone goes to school, have two meals a day, and have a roof over their heads. The bad thing is that most people are paid salaries which can only allows them to buy food and basic necessities, and that too not comfortably.

Abotu brain drain, its quite well known that thousands of graduates leave their shores every year to seek jobs, or better salaries, ask any Iranian expat.

As for the Israel thing, they do provide a good balance, however, what do they achieve by having rallies and burning Israeli flags and chanting death to america?

Its possible to strive against American hegemony without immature outbursts and rallies.

Edited on, November 1, 2005, 8:34 PM GMT, by Banglatiger84.