facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old July 3, 2012, 11:48 PM
Banned

Thanks all for your input. Nasimul bro was right. Since I didn't have a 'No Visa required" stamp on my passport I had to take an "On arrival Visa" like a non-Bangladeshi citizen although I had a valid Bangladeshi passport. I haven't visited home for many years, so I was bit concerned about dhaka airport's 'Hoyraani' based on the stories I heard. But it all went reasonably smooth (except load-shedding kept me waiting little longer at the counter). I had to pay $51 though to get a 30 day visa. Funny I didn't need to pay a single dollar when I got out of Bangkok airport during my transit.

My dad had a brain stroke. So I had to leave immediately. Didn't have the time get a "NVR" stamp on my passport since there is no Bangladesh consulate office in my city (Melbourne).

Simon bhai, 'chi'! apnar facebook er access hack koira aami ekoni Hasina'r biruddhe ekta post martasi. Tarpore dekhmu ke jail e 'handai'!

Old July 3, 2012, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he is ok.
Old July 4, 2012, 01:15 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shak,Tamim,SRT,Gayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Thanks all for your input. Nasimul bro was right. Since I didn't have a 'No Visa required" stamp on my passport I had to take an "On arrival Visa" like a non-Bangladeshi citizen although I had a valid Bangladeshi passport. I haven't visited home for many years, so I was bit concerned about dhaka airport's 'Hoyraani' based on the stories I heard. But it all went reasonably smooth (except load-shedding kept me waiting little longer at the counter). I had to pay $51 though to get a 30 day visa. Funny I didn't need to pay a single dollar when I got out of Bangkok airport during my transit.

My dad had a brain stroke. So I had to leave immediately. Didn't have the time get a "NVR" stamp on my passport since there is no Bangladesh consulate office in my city (Melbourne).

Simon bhai, 'chi'! apnar facebook er access hack koira aami ekoni Hasina'r biruddhe ekta post martasi. Tarpore dekhmu ke jail e 'handai'!
Looks like you've managed it pretty well.
Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope and pray for his speedy recovery.
Old July 4, 2012, 01:19 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Truly sorry to hear about your dad bro.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old July 4, 2012, 01:44 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Firstlane: Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he gets well soon.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old July 4, 2012, 09:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Ahh...You must have gone through some terrible time. Can't even imagine such trouble.

Hope your dad gets well soon.
Old July 4, 2012, 09:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Prothom goli bhai, sorry to hear about your Father. Hope and pray that he gets well soon.
Old July 4, 2012, 09:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Hoping your dad gets well soon Firstlane bro. Our prayers are with him.
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old July 4, 2012, 09:46 AM
Cricket Sage

Sorry to hear about your dad firstlane bhai. Hopefully he will recover soon.
Old July 4, 2012, 09:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he gets well soon.
Old July 4, 2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

Thanks guys for your well wishes. Really feels good to be part of such a community.
Old July 4, 2012, 02:55 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstlane
Thanks guys for your well wishes. Really feels good to be part of such a community.
Hopefully it was a mild stroke, and I'm sure you guys are doing all you can to get him the best medical help available, with a bit of luck(and the Big Guy helping out) he will pull through alright!
Old January 20, 2019, 10:38 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

^^This is total garbage.
Dear Mods, please also consider the above post as a spam, there is a some sort of link added to the post and it should not be clicked on. No reference or explanation of what that link is all about or how it is even related to the post or the thread topic.

The whole writing is a complete garbage: ...""no visa required seal" in Bangladesh there would be no need of that. Because BD rules and regulations are not that much strict"
The bold part - If anything, Bangladesh is more strict about things like that. People, do NOT take this kind of crap advice and take your chance entering Bangladesh, you will have to go through the rules and orders of the Republic, it is NOT the 1970s.

In Bangladesh, you cannot enter with a foreign passport without a valid unexpired Bangladesh 'ministry of foreign affairs' issued visa or a BD embassy issued 'No Visa required' visa. It is YOUR responsibility to know the rules and requirement before you travel or make your travel plans or prepare for it.
The other option to enter Bangladesh, you have to have a valid unexpired Bangladeshi passport that has a valid visa of the country that you just visited and coming back to Bangladesh from - Otherwise believe you me, you shall be sitting at immigration interrogations to prove that you were NOT a fraud traveler and how you went ot that foreign country in the first place.

You do not mess with Bangladesh immigration law and police, it is NOT the 1970s anymore like I said before, Bangladesh and its immigration police and enforcer are NOT a little pushover. Do not take your chances by listening to some moron's post as above.
Old January 20, 2019, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
^^This is total garbage.
Dear Mods, please also consider the above post as a spam, there is a some sort of link added to the post and it should not be clicked on. No reference or explanation of what that link is all about or how it is even related to the post or the thread topic.

The whole writing is a complete garbage: ...""no visa required seal" in Bangladesh there would be no need of that. Because BD rules and regulations are not that much strict"
The bold part - If anything, Bangladesh is more strict about things like that. People, do NOT take this kind of crap advice and take your chance entering Bangladesh, you will have to go through the rules and orders of the Republic, it is NOT the 1970s.

In Bangladesh, you cannot enter with a foreign passport without a valid unexpired Bangladesh 'ministry of foreign affairs' issued visa or a BD embassy issued 'No Visa required' visa. It is YOUR responsibility to know the rules and requirement before you travel or make your travel plans or prepare for it.
The other option to enter Bangladesh, you have to have a valid unexpired Bangladeshi passport that has a valid visa of the country that you just visited and coming back to Bangladesh from - Otherwise believe you me, you shall be sitting at immigration interrogations to prove that you were NOT a fraud traveler and how you went ot that foreign country in the first place.

You do not mess with Bangladesh immigration law and police, it is NOT the 1970s anymore like I said before, Bangladesh and its immigration police and enforcer are NOT a little pushover. Do not take your chances by listening to some moron's post as above.
this is solid info. But I always wondered if it was possible for dual citizens to - for example - leave the US with their US passport, enter and exit BD with BD passport, and re-enter US with their US passport.

I'm sure they can question you/interrogate you if you are flying from a country that you dont have a visa or exit stamp proof. But they can't deny you entry if you have the proper document (valid passport) and youre a citizen of the country. Right?

From US POV, a friend who works for foreign services told me that short of joining ISIS, the US has to let you enter the country if you are a citizen.
Old January 20, 2019, 12:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

So BDeshis in USA have dual passports? Interesting. We don’t have this in UK. I only got the British passport. I wouldn’t mind having dual passport. I do intend to do things in Bangladesh later down the line in life, already I’m in many ways but physically being their, might even retire and ask to be buried in BD when Time comes to leave this world.
Old January 20, 2019, 12:57 PM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
So BDeshis in USA have dual passports? Interesting. We don’t have this in UK. I only got the British passport. I wouldn’t mind having dual passport. I do intend to do things in Bangladesh later down the line in life, already I’m in many ways but physically being their, might even retire and ask to be buried in BD when Time comes to leave this world.
Not all Bangladeshis do. Most just have the US passport that has the 'No Visa Required' seal for traveling to Bangladesh. You can have both US and BD passports if you wanted to however as long as you keep renewing both when the time comes.
Old January 20, 2019, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
Dual citizenship (hence dual passports) are acceptable as long as the two countries allow it. Both US and BD allow dual citizenship. IDK about the UK, but if it is allowed, you could technically apply for BD passport -- provided you have all the required documents. BD follows "citizenship by blood" rule, so as long as one of your parents are Bdeshi.

US has an unique stance on dual citizens, where they dont prevent it, but they also dont acknowledge it. US Govt will never recognize another countries authority over any of its own citizens.
Old January 20, 2019, 01:40 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Technically you need permission from Bangladesh government to hold dual citizenship, and that has to be done at the main passport office in Dhaka.

To apply for Bangladeshi passport you need to have a national Card (can’t remember if it’s national Id or voters).

In UK it’s quite easy to get no visa required if you have a British passport and either of your parents was a Bangladeshi national. It also good if you travel to Bangladesh regularly but if you don’t go to BD that often the visa on arrival for 50usd does the trick although a bit more of a hassle.
Old January 20, 2019, 03:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

Well both my parents were born in Bangladesh. So I’d like to think I qualify. And going there often, no I haven’t only been three times. Due to one thing to another getting in the way, unfortunately not been able to go back since the last time I was there in 2k12 and sadly I’ve not gone to see my fav people the grandparents and many of them past away recent years now without them I know when I’m there I’ll feel such emptiness, it won’t feel the same. Things will never be the same..
Old January 20, 2019, 10:42 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu

In UK it’s quite easy to get no visa required if you have a British passport and either of your parents was a Bangladeshi national.
same for US passport holders. I got one 2 years ago, havent used it yet, but its good for 10 years and there's no max period of stay limit. Really good. I would highly recommend getting it if you can, worth the hassle.