facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old October 7, 2012, 10:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Default NBA 2012-2013 season

Come'on, no one interested?

NBA official website

Go Lakers!

Any predictions for champions?

Old October 8, 2012, 01:50 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I am rooting for the Thunder!
Old January 31, 2013, 09:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram, Shakib

Raptors complete a trade to get Rudy Gay from the Grizzlies for Ed Davis, Calderon, 2nd 2013 and Cash. Gay will be the first legit 3 we've had since TMac but his salary is just atrocious. Think we gave up way too much for him. Ed Davis was starting to look like a real player this year, and is gonna make peanuts for the forseeable future. Gay's salary puts us 10M over the cap, meaning we won't be able to make any more solid additions. The starting lineup isn't bad, but we really need to dump Banana and get a good #4 if BC is gonna **** rebuilding and try to make the playoffs.

Gasol should be our next target. There has been rumors that have linked him to the Raptors. Josh Smith would be ideal but he isn't happening.
Old January 31, 2013, 11:22 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

^ too late for this season. With a 16-30 record, and Boston and 76ers fighting for the no. 8 spot, it will be very hard for them.

It's the year for the Knicks
Old February 1, 2013, 12:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
^ too late for this season. With a 16-30 record, and Boston and 76ers fighting for the no. 8 spot, it will be very hard for them.

It's the year for the Knicks
I agree, it will be very tough for us this year. We are 6.5 games behind the Celtics with a good 6ers team well ahead of us. However, without Rondo, I don't see Boston keeping up such a healthy lead over the other teams. I expect that lead to come down to about 4ish games just because of the lack of Rondo. If Gay works out, and Bargnani plays avg (or gets shippd out for Gasol ), it might be more doable than you think.

However, I hope we miss the playoffs this year - then OKC can get our pick this year (via Houston for Harden, from Lowry deal) in a weak draft, where will be out of the top 5 for sure.

Next year, a starting 5 of Lowry-Gay-DeRozan-Bargs-Valenciunas seems like a pretty good one for the East. Now if we can find a decent backup PG (looking at you Barea), and Gasol/other competent PF, I'd be a lot more confident in making the playoffs.
Old February 1, 2013, 09:37 PM
Test Cricketer

And the Raptors welcome Gay by spanking the Clippers 98-73. Gay with 20 in 30 mins
Old February 3, 2013, 05:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan

Go Lakers!

Any predictions for champions?
Lakers' roll of the dice on D12 and Nash has been a disaster so far. They had very little time to gel as a team and did too much experimentation with their system. However if they can manage to re-sign D12, and surround the quad of future HOFs with a few more solid young players like Earl Clark, they have a good chance next year.

I'm really excited for the Knicks though. After all these years they've finally arrived. They're a legit contender in the East and have a better shot than any other team in the east to beat Miami.
Old February 4, 2013, 02:41 PM
Test Cricketer

Zeeshan - I think this is the year for OKC.
Old March 4, 2013, 08:47 AM
Test Cricketer

LeBron is on another level right now.
Old March 21, 2013, 09:21 AM
Test Cricketer

Looks like no one can beat the Heat for one game. Forget about beating them in a best of 7 this year!
Old March 28, 2013, 01:58 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Kinda pissed off that Heat didn't get to break the record....
Old April 3, 2013, 07:50 AM
Test Cricketer

What do you guys think is gonna happen with Howard? Does try to stick it out with the Lakers, or does he go somewhere else in the summer?

I think he'll stay.
Old April 3, 2013, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN
What do you guys think is gonna happen with Howard? Does try to stick it out with the Lakers, or does he go somewhere else in the summer?

I think he'll stay.
I reckon he'll stay as well. The only possibility I see is a trade with Hawks. Josh Smith will be a free agent, and Lakers might want to make a move. Also Atlanta is Howard's home town. Not that hometown ever matters in the NBA, or my Sixers would have had Kobe!
Old April 3, 2013, 06:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs PWN

I think he'll stay.
He'll end up staying I think. The problems he's having with Kobe won't last long since he's retiring. So then it'll be Howard's team anyways so it doesn't make sense for him to leave.
Old April 3, 2013, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Howard will stay...He and Kobe have started to get along. They have a good starting five, problem is they're old and their supporting cast isn't very good. If it doesn't work out, they could always let go off Gasol, MWP and Nash to create cap space, and replace them with young, all star caliber talent. Howard knows that. Lakers are one of the few teams in the league that can get almost any player they want, with the exception of Lebron maybe. I doubt he'll have a better chance of winning a championship in the league with any other team.
Old April 3, 2013, 09:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Howard will stay...He and Kobe have started to get along. They have a good starting five, problem is they're old and their supporting cast isn't very good. If it doesn't work out, they could always let go off Gasol, MWP and Nash to create cap space, and replace them with young, all star caliber talent. Howard knows that. Lakers are one of the few teams in the league that can get almost any player they want, with the exception of Lebron maybe. I doubt he'll have a better chance of winning a championship in the league with any other team.
I agree Lakers will be good again. Sounds funny but I think once Kobe is gone the front office will have more breathing space. I respect Kobe as a player but he's always been a selfish and spoiled player who wants things his way. Once it becomes Howard's team, I'm sure they'll get younger talent to play with him.
Old April 4, 2013, 07:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I agree Lakers will be good again. Sounds funny but I think once Kobe is gone the front office will have more breathing space. I respect Kobe as a player but he's always been a selfish and spoiled player who wants things his way. Once it becomes Howard's team, I'm sure they'll get younger talent to play with him.
This is how I feel about it too. Howard is sure to see that after Kobe is gone, he will be the franchise player for one of the two most storied franchises. Plus its in LA, so the location is perfect too.

Once Kobe is gone, LA can focus on finding players who can work with others to complement Howard.
Old April 27, 2013, 03:44 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

what happened? doesn't anyone follow NBA here. The playoffs are going on. Lakers are almost out, Knicks on a roll

My prediction

OKC vs Spurs (western conf.)
Heat vs Knicks (eastern conf.)
Old April 27, 2013, 05:01 PM
Cricket Guru

Ya Knicks are on a roll and so is Melo. He's just on fire. Feels good that we're smacking the living crap out of the Celtics
Old April 27, 2013, 05:02 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
what happened? doesn't anyone follow NBA here. The playoffs are going on. Lakers are almost out, Knicks on a roll

My prediction

OKC vs Spurs (western conf.)
Heat vs Knicks (eastern conf.)
Not so sure now since Westbrook is out of the playoffs. If they play the Clips then I could see them losing. I'd say the Spurs are the favorites out of the West.

I agree with your prediction of the East though
Old April 29, 2013, 10:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Must ask, who the bleep is Jason Collins.
Old April 29, 2013, 10:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Must ask, who the bleep is Jason Collins.
It's ridiculous that this is the top story in the NBA. So what if he's gay? Media has run out of stories I guess
Old April 30, 2013, 07:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Westbrook being out changes everything. Now I wonder whether they can beat the Spurs or not. And if the Clippers make it through with Grizzlies, even they will be optimistic in beating OKC.

Seems like it will be Spurs vs Heat in the final.

Really happy for GSW and Stephen Curry. He's finally getting the recognition that he deserves. One more game needed to beat Denver,but after that I think the Spurs will take care of them.
Old April 30, 2013, 09:06 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Miami will have a hard time going to final. Most likely they will face the Chicago Bulls next and then the Knicks. Bulls ended Miam's streak not too long ago and Knicks is almost an even match for Heat. So they have to beat these two teams.

On western conf, it's pretty simple. Spurs will go.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:34 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Miami will have a hard time going to final. Most likely they will face the Chicago Bulls next and then the Knicks. Bulls ended Miam's streak not too long ago and Knicks is almost an even match for Heat. So they have to beat these two teams.

On western conf, it's pretty simple. Spurs will go.
I think the key for Miami is how healthy Wade will be. If he ends up being out, then I think the Knicks have a very good shot of going to the finals.

Hope the Knicks close out the Celtics tonight