facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 20, 2016, 02:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

What I liked about Faruq is that he didn't have any relative in the team. The next min Tamim gets dropped Akram will throw a fit.

I hope Pilot is the new chief

Old June 20, 2016, 03:25 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
2. You fix the main problem keep the rest that's called "continuity". What they did is not "Continuity" it changing upside down but still keeping the main known problem.

1 and 3. Either you like Chief Selector's job, or you do not. If you have mixed review, you give him little bit more time. That's called fairness, transparency and leadership. Unfortunately BCB failed to show those.

4. Failed to understand how this hodge podge process address anything in medium to long term. A "Disuster" is written all over this process because of lack of clear cut role and responsibility for each member. Who is ultimately responsible in this new process?

5. Akram and Shujon, they both have bigger ego than Faruk. They are not just going to listen to haturu daa, they will enforce their opinion. And you want me the believe that this new process with Akram and Sujon will work out fine in long run. if that what you believe, that's fine, but sorry, I cannot believe that.
My answer was for your one question that I quoted. The ... was to say there was more in the post.

So, to keep the continuity BCB kept him as the selector first and then made him the chief selector for that committee. With the new team, the selectors get input from the new comers and can have different points of view and why would those be valuable (strategy) for selecting a team or a player.

BCB has given Faruk time. It has been almost 2 years. That is why they didn't sack him. This is just a policy change. This process should make communication better. A direct face to face sitting with all the stakeholders before selecting a team of 15/14 players. It is always better to spend more time and selecting the best possible squad rather than going in to a tourney or a series with one hand tied in the back. For the champion's trophy/Ireland trip; you wouldn't want to see too many SLAs now, do you?

Egos: No doubt I have a different feelings about Sujon. And I think he is the snitch. That is why he could hold the Team Manager job and now this. I like Biryani Man Akram.

Chief Selector will still be responsible in selecting the team. He now just have more help. That is all.
Old June 20, 2016, 08:32 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash Lara Fizz Taskin TI

Mark my words, this selection system is a recipe for disaster. Removing sumon from the committee was a poor decision. All the qualified persons are leaving the committee. The system is too crowded. Is there any country in the world which has such rubbish selection process ? Maybe Pakistan, but look at them now. 3 selectors plus maybe the coach in addition was fair enough. But what is this? Imagine, 7 selectors who has their own 15man squad in mind. Put them in a room and tell them to select a squad. They will argue, quarrel and may swear at each other for hours with a "humse bora koun hay" attitude. Result, total chaos and no solution.
Old June 20, 2016, 09:39 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Men shout at other men. That's how the world was built. As long as they don't gossip behind their backs like bunch of beaches, we'll be ok.

BUT WHO'S GOING TO REPLACE FARUQE!? Someone answer me already!
Old June 20, 2016, 11:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

We should demand a representation of BC in the selection panel.

They added extra selector, junior selectors, coach, manager, captain, vice captain, board director in it why dont they add a fan while they are at it. We are being left out folks and I dont like it.
Old June 20, 2016, 11:08 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Papon is our Casper Kelly
Old June 21, 2016, 02:43 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

I dont think, at the end Faruque going anywhere .. will stay.
Although if he resign then, Habibul Bashar will be included again .... so selectors will be - Minhazul Nannu, Habibul Bashar and the new person Sajjad Ahmed Shipon.

BCB president earlier -
When asked for the reason behind the exclusion of Habibul Bashar from the national selection committee, Papon said: “If Faruque goes then we might rethink his position. It’s not final as yet.”

From Samakal -

দ্বিস্তরের দল নির্বাচন ব্যবস্থা বিসিবির বোর্ডসভায় অনুমোদনের পর যুক্তরাষ্ট্রে অবস্থানরত প্রধান নির্বাচক ফারুক আহমেদ পদত্যাগের ঘোষণা দেন। নতুন কাঠামোয় তার পক্ষে কাজ করা সম্ভব নয় বলে দেশে ফিরে পদত্যাগপত্র পাঠানোর বিষয়টি জানান তিনি। ফারুক আহমেদের পদত্যাগ নিয়ে বিসিবি সভাপতি বলেন, 'আমাকে সে (ফারুক) এখন পর্যন্ত ফোনও করেনি, চিঠিও পাইনি। কাজেই অফিসিয়ালি আমি কিছু জানি না। তবে যতটুকু শুনেছি, সে বলেছে এভাবে (দ্বিস্তর) কাজ করতে পারবে না। এতদিন ধরে এভাবেই তো সে কাজ করেছে এসেছে। তখন তো কোনো সমস্যা হয়নি। আমি যেহেতু এভাবে ফলাফল পাচ্ছি, তাহলে পরিবর্তন কেন করব? এখানে নতুন কিছুই নেই। একটা পরিবর্তন আমি দেখতে পাচ্ছি, আগে দুর্জয় ছিল ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্সে, এখন এসেছে আকরাম।' ফারুক পদত্যাগ করলে নতুন নির্বাচক নেওয়া হবে বলেও স্পষ্ট জানিয়ে দেন তিনি। সে ক্ষেত্রে দু'দিন আগে নারী দলের নির্বাচক হিসেবে দায়িত্ব পাওয়া হাবিবুল বাশারকে ফিরিয়ে আনা হতে পারে বলেও জানান তিনি।

ম্যানেজার নির্বাচক প্যানেলে থাকছেনই না বলেও জানালেন নাজমুল হাসান। কেবল অধিনায়কের মতামত তিনি উপস্থাপন করবেন।

বর্তমানে অনেক তরুণ ক্রিকেটারকে খুঁজে বের করার পেছনে ফারুক আহমেদের নির্বাচক কমিটিকে কৃতিত্ব দেন অনেকে। তবে গতকাল বিসিবি সভাপতি জানালেন ভিন্ন কথা। মুস্তাফিজকে নিয়ে উদাহরণও দেন তিনি, 'মুস্তাফিজ কীভাবে এলো টিমে? একটা পত্রিকায় আমি দেখলাম, কোনো এক নির্বাচক নাকি মুস্তাফিজকে টিমে নিয়ে এসেছে। এটা সম্পূর্ণ মিথ্যা। তারা (নির্বাচক) তো তাকে খেলতেই দেবে না, আনা তো দূরের কথা! পাকিস্তানের সঙ্গে ওই ম্যাচে তাকে মাঠে নামতেই দিতে চায়নি তারা। আমি আসলে এসব বলতে চাই না।'
Old June 21, 2016, 10:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mash, Fizzy

Well Faruque and his "system" can take a hike. He doesn't even watch games to scout players. Neither does Nannu. The only one who was active enough (Sumon) just got kicked out. Tells you a lot about Papon's and BCB's judgment really. Who is this Shipon guy anyway? I have never heard of him really.
Old June 21, 2016, 10:07 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
^ Men shout at other men. That's how the world was built. As long as they don't gossip behind their backs like bunch of beaches, we'll be ok.

BUT WHO'S GOING TO REPLACE FARUQE!? Someone answer me already!
It's gonna be Nannu. Hathuru wants him I heard because he knows Nannu from his playing days in the Dhaka League in the 90s. I would personally prefer Ata (Atahar Ali) or Sumon. Those two seem to be a lot more involved. At least Sumon was.
Old June 21, 2016, 07:13 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Sajjad Ahmed Shipon ... well known opener during mid 90's in club cricket.
He played Asia Cup '95 at Sharjah - only 2 ODIs.

He was working as the recent U-19 team's operations manager in the World Cup.

CI profile:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/canada/c...yer/56096.html
Old June 22, 2016, 07:36 AM
Street Cricketer

Update: Nannu promoted to Chief Selector and Sumon is back in there.

Source: Prothom Alo
Old June 22, 2016, 08:27 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
BCB has given Faruk time. It has been almost 2 years. That is why they didn't sack him. This is just a policy change. This process should make communication better. A direct face to face sitting with all the stakeholders before selecting a team of 15/14 players. It is always better to spend more time and selecting the best possible squad rather than going in to a tourney or a series with one hand tied in the back. For the champion's trophy/Ireland trip; you wouldn't want to see too many SLAs now, do you?

Egos: No doubt I have a different feelings about Sujon. And I think he is the snitch. That is why he could hold the Team Manager job and now this. I like Biryani Man Akram.

Chief Selector will still be responsible in selecting the team. He now just have more help. That is all.

BCB has given Faruk time, but BCB didn't have the guts to sack him, still kept him in key role in the selection process. Who is more incompetent here? BCB only sakced him after he publicly said he is resigning. To me its more playing dirty politics than acting as a competent organization.

More to that, they (BCB) demoted Bashar ( it has to be for performance) and then bring back him in the selection team after it was clear Faruk will resign.

They brought Shujon, a very well known player in playing petty politics, its all there for someone to get from old news papers. What do you expect from Shujon to contribute in this process? Akram has a record as a chief selector where he clashed with others in BCB; and at one point he threatened to resign and used Hasina's influence to bring him back. He is not going to back off next time it there is a conflict with papon and/or haturu daa in team selection.

It not that I am kind of a fan of Faruk or enemy of Akram. its the process change and how they(BCB) are handling the change, that is "warning sign" to me to the point I am note sure about their (BCB) competency running an organization at this level.

I was a stern supporter of Papon. But see how half hazard direction BCB is going right now. They didn't tried to retain old bowling coach, as if "if he goes we have other plans". Then they made premature announcement of new bowling coach who next day rejected and made BCB a fool in Cricket world. What is their plan "C" now? Do they have any? Looks like they are still scrambling. They knew for a while that they are not going to retain old bowling coach, then what they were doing all these days?

Papon is supposed to be the enforcer of rule and law and role and responsibilities. Just look what is happening in local league, and BCB is too slow to react and enforce law and order and restore the confidence back. Two umpire suddenly get sick and it was clear Tamim was abusing them and it took them so long to announce a judgment? And still there is no clarification why the two umpire was pretending to be sick and forced an abundant game .

As I said, I am a early adopter of Papon fan club, but I have to admit, his recent activities are kind of disappointing to me.

Last edited by Fazal; June 22, 2016 at 08:58 AM..
Old June 22, 2016, 08:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
বর্তমানে অনেক তরুণ ক্রিকেটারকে খুঁজে বের করার পেছনে ফারুক আহমেদের নির্বাচক কমিটিকে কৃতিত্ব দেন অনেকে। তবে গতকাল বিসিবি সভাপতি জানালেন ভিন্ন কথা। মুস্তাফিজকে নিয়ে উদাহরণও দেন তিনি, 'মুস্তাফিজ কীভাবে এলো টিমে? একটা পত্রিকায় আমি দেখলাম, কোনো এক নির্বাচক নাকি মুস্তাফিজকে টিমে নিয়ে এসেছে। এটা সম্পূর্ণ মিথ্যা। তারা (নির্বাচক) তো তাকে খেলতেই দেবে না, আনা তো দূরের কথা! পাকিস্তানের সঙ্গে ওই ম্যাচে তাকে মাঠে নামতেই দিতে চায়নি তারা। আমি আসলে এসব বলতে চাই না।'
If Papon is so unhappy with the old selection team, why the heck he still kept two of the three selectors from old process? And when it was clear that Faruk will not come back, why bringing back bashar and not someone new? Why make Nanno, the other old selector the chief selector?

Paopn's explanation and his action doesn't match, looks like he is the one who is playing politics here and trying to get credit for some selection successes.

I say what, just announce yourself (Papon) the chief selector and get away what you are looking for. Why hiding behind the bush and trying to cheery pick (success) and try to beat your own drum. Day be day he is becoming more pompous and attention seeker to the point its annoying and harmful for Bangladesh cricket.
Old June 22, 2016, 09:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Whoever is fond of Faruque,
Please answer me this simple question,

1/He is hardly present in any domestic games? How is that okay for a selector
2/ He is currently in USA during the super leagues of DPL. Previously did the same thing and went to Canada.
Old June 22, 2016, 09:34 AM
Test Cricketer

I am actually dissappointed about the Bashar treatment, not the faruque treatment.

Bashar is a true gentleman. He played with a lot of these players. He is one of the only exception in the selection panel who goes to the local games (ask local cricketers and they will tell you).
Old June 22, 2016, 10:02 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
I am actually dissappointed about the Bashar treatment, not the faruque treatment.

Bashar is a true gentleman. He played with a lot of these players. He is one of the only exception in the selection panel who goes to the local games (ask local cricketers and they will tell you).
Well he's back now lol. I agree with you though. I mentioned something similar on my posts earlier. The only guy who was really active in scouting players and plucking them out of the domestics, got demoted initially and then they brought him back only because Faruque resigned. Hah, go figure! Nannu is the same way as Faruque more or less. I don't know what's really gonna change by pushing him up to the CS post. But I think Hathuru had a big say in that. Otherwise it would have been someone like Atahar (At least we would been spared of his screaming in the comm box hehe for a while. jk jk man )
Old June 22, 2016, 10:24 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonmoy.dhaka
Whoever is fond of Faruque,
Please answer me this simple question,

1/He is hardly present in any domestic games? How is that okay for a selector
2/ He is currently in USA during the super leagues of DPL. Previously did the same thing and went to Canada.
Papon may be. That's why he kept him in the 1st place, but only forced to drop him after Faruk publicly mentioned he resigned. Also Bashar was dropped instead of Faruk (that tells me papon thinks bashar was doing even worse than Faruk).

So please send your question to Papon @ BCB.