facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 25, 2016, 08:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Default ICC seriously considers 2 divisions,7/5 split.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...sions-shake-up

Old February 25, 2016, 08:22 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

I am happy with this if the law is fair to every team. i dont want to see the idea getting revamp if India/Aus/Eng faces relegation
Old February 25, 2016, 08:26 PM
Cricket Legend

I guess we are not playing you anyway.
Old February 25, 2016, 08:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I am happy with this if the law is fair to every team. i dont want to see the idea getting revamp if India/Aus/Eng faces relegation
Wont be fair. Because of Ashes, India-AUS rivalry even if the big 3 get demoted, they will still be playing most of their games in D1. So what is the point of having separate divisions?

Now this article has said the league will only take 5 months time. Will be more like 6. 2 more months for IPL. That leaves 16 months in 2 years for the FTP. If D2 teams get adequate fixtures against D1 sides, its an OK proposal. But still stupid because again what was the point of having seperate divisions.

But we are only playing WI, ZIM, AFG, IRE, its a terrible system for us. BCB will be broke.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 25, 2016, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Depends if the 2nd division countries get full funding or part funding.
Life of course would go on.
Old February 25, 2016, 10:24 PM
Cricket Guru

Usually when we have a test series with any team there is always an ODI and t20 series to go with it. Under this system, like AF has pointed out, we will be only playing WI, Zim, AFG and IRE, which leaves us with the question; how many big name teams will tour us, or invite us just for an ODI series? We won't be making much revenues playing with the second-tier teams like us if other big name teams won't even tour/invite us for LOIs
Old February 25, 2016, 10:26 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Usually when we have a test series with any team there is always an ODI and t20 series to go with it. Under this system, like AF has pointed out, we will be only playing WI, Zim, AFG and IRE, how many big name teams will tour us, or invite us just for an ODI series? We won't be making much revenues playing with the second-tier teams like us if other teams won't even tour/invite us for LOIs
Right, I wasn't thinking that way, I thought about tests only. in tests we deserve to be in Div 2, but with our current resurrection in ODIs its unfair. all of our advancements will go backwards
Old February 25, 2016, 10:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Plans for one-day international and Twenty20 cricket are less advanced in terms of detail, although the ICC is keen to restructure both formats. One option being discussed for ODI cricket is to have two leagues of six, forming the basis of qualification for the World Cup; three leagues of four is also being considered.
I look forward to this. If England comes to BD this year, the head to head would determine who #6 would be. England going to the second tier....lol.
Old February 25, 2016, 10:46 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I look forward to this. If England comes to BD this year, the head to head would determine who #6 would be. England going to the second tier....lol.
funny..why does test cricket division one has 7 and ODI has 6?, did we just made it G6 from G8 by achieving number 7 in ODI?
Old February 25, 2016, 11:08 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
funny..why does test cricket division one has 7 and ODI has 6?, did we just made it G6 from G8 by achieving number 7 in ODI?
Soon it would be top 5. Just wait and see.
Old February 26, 2016, 12:07 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
Congratulations. I hope now you can breath easy
Old February 26, 2016, 01:45 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Yup. Now imagine if we ever get #1. they will say 2-8 form the top tier with 1 required to play minnows for development.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2016, 02:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockley
You should party and dance. An Aussie team has thousands lives. This is another chance for you guys to avoid a great trashing from us.

Last edited by WarWolf; February 26, 2016 at 05:03 AM..
Old February 26, 2016, 02:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

We have been crushing Zimbabwe in tests. No reason to think we won't crush Afghanistan, Ireland etc. It will be between WI and Bangladesh for the promotion to tier 1. I think we will beat West Indies. I am willing to take this chance and it's our best bet to get more games against top opposition. Yes it will take 2 years but pretty sure we will get promoted. Bring it on.
Old February 26, 2016, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Not that difficult. This is for WC qualification purpose only. So, top 6 plays automatically and bottom 6 are in a qualifier, along with may be 2-4 more teams from lower level. England will play in qualifier. I don't see a reason ECB will oppose to that. They are not losing money.
Also, ranking system may change to take care of home and away distribution.
Old February 26, 2016, 04:05 AM

Here's the summary I get -
1) Ireland to get Test status (I guess along with permanent membership, if India gives up share)
2) 7+5 tiers in test, 6+6 months for each, leaving aside IPL only 4-5 months of window to play others or other tournaments/domestic matches. It will be home-away in two year cycle - i.e. this year home means next year away.
3) Relegation and promotion between division two and the Intercontinental Cup would also be in place.
4) ODIs could have 6+6 teams or 4x3 teams in tiers. Top half to get automatic WC qualification, bottom half to play in qualifiers.
5) The automatic qualification of each full member nation to world events would also end, i.e. bottom ranked full members (Zimbabwe) will play in qualifiers.
6) Convincing full members to vote for such reforms will be “a massive job” - I agree.
7) ICC will pay for "less-glamorous" series. This is where it depends on money-back from BCCI.
8) ICC reviewing Olympics status.
9) Proposal to have T20 WC every 2 years and use the extra money to solely for cricket development and not profit-sharing among boards. The rights for T20 WC could be sold independently to separate fundings.
Old February 26, 2016, 04:11 AM

Implications for Bangladesh -
1) Not sure about the status of India tour, currently India tours once in 4 years. This will be a big money loss on broadcasting rights.
2) More away Test and ODIs. Tests could be against Afghanistan/Zimbabwe but pitch/conditions could make it interesting in away conditions.
3) May play T20 WC qualifiers.
4) Qualify for Olympics with a medal hope
5) Money probably won't change, at least for now.
Old February 26, 2016, 09:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Not a chance in hell of this happening.
Old February 26, 2016, 12:38 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
Not a chance in hell of this happening.
Lets hope so. Idea is gayer than a guy asking his wife to peg him.

12 test nations should be in 1 division.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old February 26, 2016, 02:24 PM
Cricket Legend

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/201...-division-test
Ireland backs the idea.
I back the idea,you can grow test cricket by increasing the sides in 2nd division cricket.
5 for now,6 or 7 down the line.
It will be competitive as nations want to be in the first division.
BTW was just kidding on Australia,2017 still on.
Changes not happening to 2019.
Old February 26, 2016, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

This sounds terrible. I bet in the next move they would reveal to us that the Big Three will be exempt from relegation, because think about it it's not hard to slip into the 8th place.

Why not just have 1 big division with 7+5 teams? Wouldn't that be more beneficial for new comers, like Ireland to play test cricket against teams like Australia and SA, rather then being forced to only play WI, Bangladesh, AFG and ZIM.

It would effect BCB and WICB financially as well..

The only people really benefitting here are of course, the Big Three.

If only ICC could learn from FIFA (The structure of the game only, hopefully not the other thing FIFA came under the spotlight for recently )
Old February 26, 2016, 04:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

I agree with 6+6 test format wise.
Div 1
Aus
Ind
Eng
Sa
Pak
NZ

Div2
SL
WI
BD
ZIM
Ireland
Afg
SL, WI, BD even ZIM not miles apart each other TBH, atm, going forward these teams might have slight advantage over other but theres not like a Aus v Zim thing, amongs these sides and there will be good fights more often than pure one sided matches. I think theres not going to be much big differences between these sides. So a groupe of these teams would be more sense.

Make Ire, Afg earn the spots by qualifying round amongst assocites.
Old February 26, 2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I agree with 6+6 test format wise.
Div 1
Aus
Ind
Eng
Sa
Pak
NZ

Div2
SL
WI
BD
ZIM
Ireland
Afg
SL, WI, BD even ZIM not miles apart each other TBH, atm, going forward these teams oe might have slight advantage over other but theres not like a Aus v Zim thing, amongs these sides there will be good fights. I think theres not going to be much big differences between these sides. So a groupd of these teams be more sense.

Make Ire, Afg earn the spots by qualifying round amongst assocites.
The idea is to have relegation, which of the six will be relegated? That's why there's seven, one of the five will be up there.

Ireland will get test status and the champion of intercontinental trophy will qualify.
Old February 26, 2016, 05:35 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mash, Mushy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
The idea is to have relegation, which of the six will be relegated? That's why there's seven, one of the five will be up there.
Maybe they could have gone #6 in Div 1 will be relegated, replaced by #1 in Div 2. #5 in Div 1 will have to play a Home-Away play-off match against #2 of Div 2.

Same with Div 2, bottom most team loses test status all together, intercontinental cup winner will gain test status. with #5 in Div 2 will have to play-off against runners ups of intercontinental cup. This will give more teams an opportunity to strengthen themselves, and play test cricket.

Sort of like English Football...

I would like that system, but the Big 3 will never let that happen, as even finishing ranked #5 puts them on a chance of relegation, just imagine if England finished #6, there would be no Ashes for 2 years.
Old February 26, 2016, 07:42 PM
Cricket Legend

They'd always fit in an Ashes,big Cash to be made.
West Indies,Bangladesh and Zimbabwe have been always seen as the problem child in tests.A look at Zimbabwe they hardly play a test or 2 in a year,no one wants to play tests against them.
It will be interesting who the 2nd team is,Ireland is travelling well,but the Dutch are 2nd Huh?Afghanistan only 1 win so far.
We have 2 years to go but will be interesting who will be the 2nd side,there no guarentee for Afghanistan.