facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 13, 2008, 02:11 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza
Default BCB finalize deal with Nimbus

Worldwide Marketing Agency Rights: LFA signed

TigerCRicket.com
13 july 2008

The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) signed a six-year Long Form Agreement (LFA) for World Wide Marketing Agency Rights with Nimbus Sport International Pte. Ltd (Nimbus Sport) today (Sunday, 13 July 2008).

This Agreement is a further formalization of the contract entered into between the parties on 21st November 2006 and will be valid till 31st March 2012. Under the six-year Agreement Nimbus Sport will exclusively market the Media Rights of the BCB Events globally and will guarantee minimum revenues of US$ 56.88 million to the BCB for the same.

A signing ceremony was held at a local hotel. Acting Chief Executive Officer of BCB Nizam Uddin Chowdhury and Nimbus Sport International Pte. Ltd Executive Vice President Yannick Colaco signed on behalf of their respective organizations.

The ceremony was attended by BCB President Major General Sina Ibn Jamali, BCB Ad-hoc Executive Committee Members and representatives from the print and electronic media.

The BCB and Nimbus had already signed the Heads of Agreement on 21 November 2006 which has enabled the BCB to broadcast international cricket series’ and competitions staged in Bangladesh involving ICC full member countries.

The Long Form Agreement signing was recommended after a review of the Heads of Agreement by the Special Review Committee (SRC) formed by the BCB. The Board entrusted a three-member Negotiation Committee headed by BCB Finance Committee Chairman M. A. Momen to expedite the LFA signing process.

SALIENT FEATURES OF THE LONG FORM AGREEMENT

AUDIT: Under the LFA the BCB will have true copies of every contract that Nimbus enters into with third party licensees. The BCB will also be allowed to review and audit or appoint an auditor to do so, the books of accounts and other relevant information of Nimbus twice per contract-year and upon five (5) days written notice. These provisions will facilitate transparency in monitoring the revenues/receivable from Nimbus Sport.

BCB EVENTS SCHEDULE: All dates and venues of series’/tournaments/events will be confirmed in writing by the BCB and both parties will work together to introduce new Events to generate additional revenues to the BCB over and above the Minimum Guarantee.

MINIMUM GUARANTEED AMOUNT: The Minimum Guarantee Amount under the LFA is US$ 56.880 Million including Allowable Expenditure 15.31 million which will be spent for the production of LIVE World Television Feed for the said Events for the duration of the Term.

UPLINK COST: All costs related to earth station services and uplink from the venue, satellite space and downlink at international gateways will now be borne by Nimbus and the Broadcast licensees

ALLOWABLE EXPENDITURE: The BCB will provide Nimbus with a match schedule for each Event at least 22 days before the start of the Event. Hence if any game is cancelled, then the Allowable expenditure will be reduced proportionately.

This clause provides the BCB a safety shield in relation to reduction of Allowable Expenditure if a Match is cancelled or rescheduled.

NET FEES: Due to the capping of the Allowable Expenditure the BCB’s net fees will increase.

BCB BRANDING: Nimbus Sport will now create a set of international quality graphics specifically customized for BCB and incorporating, among other things, BCB logo and BCB colors. All such cost shall be borne by Nimbus Sport.

Old July 13, 2008, 02:46 PM
Test Cricketer

All that's fine, but I am worried about the accessibilty of watching Bangladesh home matches outside the country. In Middle East, you get neo cricket, which is completely dedicated to indian cricket, and they are most likely to show india's matches rather than ours coinciding at the same time. For example, its obvious neo cricket will be telecasting Aus-ind series in Oct rather than Nz's tour of BD. So, how the millions of Bangladeshis residing in foreign countries will view this most anticipated series against the kiwis and many others such?
Ofcourse, neo sports shall cover it, but that's only available in indian subcontinent.
I guess that implies, on the eve of our home season,the NRBs will be deprived of watching live action on tv most of the times.
Keep it up BCB! And keep on forgetting about us, and neglecting this issue!
We are proud of such an organisation!
Old July 13, 2008, 04:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

excellent!

now let's get those sporty pitches, gyms and stadiums!
Old July 13, 2008, 04:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Is Nimbus Sports a TV Channel,because I never heard of the name before.
Old July 14, 2008, 12:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

gadha pani khai ghola kore
Old July 14, 2008, 03:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Now the main thing is this money should not go vain and in order to do that BCB have to use it properly for infrastructure facility which includes a lot of things. If they can do that accordingly I am pretty sure that Bangladesh will have a bright future cause 56.88 million dollar is not a money or two.
Old July 14, 2008, 10:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Can anyone clarify what this means for us? Is it defintely more pitches? Sounds positive anyway
Old July 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Maybe they can fix there Website
Old July 14, 2008, 11:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Not only pitches and the website, I heard they can fix our players too.
Old July 14, 2008, 11:24 AM
Cricket Guru

What BCB should with this kind of money ? They should -

a) Hire a game development manager to train local coaches.

b) Hire a high performance manager for age groups.

c) Hire an international class curator to improve pitches, and also to train local curators.

d) Hire a competent web page designer for tiger cricket.

e) Last but not least, hire a competent CEO for BCB.
Old July 14, 2008, 11:37 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by israr
All that's fine, but I am worried about the accessibilty of watching Bangladesh home matches outside the country. In Middle East, you get neo cricket, which is completely dedicated to indian cricket, and they are most likely to show india's matches rather than ours coinciding at the same time. For example, its obvious neo cricket will be telecasting Aus-ind series in Oct rather than Nz's tour of BD. So, how the millions of Bangladeshis residing in foreign countries will view this most anticipated series against the kiwis and many others such?
Ofcourse, neo sports shall cover it, but that's only available in indian subcontinent.
I guess that implies, on the eve of our home season,the NRBs will be deprived of watching live action on tv most of the times.
Keep it up BCB! And keep on forgetting about us, and neglecting this issue!
We are proud of such an organisation!
apnee deshikotha paan? oikhane last 3 series, amader mota moti shob match paway gese. asha kori je eita thakbe amader jonno. if you don't have the power or numbers of the indian fans, you must do something else.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 14, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
What BCB should with this kind of money ? They should -

a) Hire a game development manager to train local coaches.

b) Hire a high performance manager for age groups.

c) Hire an international class curator to improve pitches, and also to train local curators.

d) Hire a competent web page designer for tiger cricket.

e) Last but not least, hire a competent CEO for BCB.
I strongly support. Can we also add:

f) Improve facilities of all stadiums (sitting, cold Rooms, toilets etc to make practice sessions comfortable)
g) All stadiums should have Gym and indoor practice facility, bowling machines etc.
h) Have a fitness trainer in all Gyms
I) Register users at the local level and allow them to have unlimited practice at their will.
j) Make the school level cricket more interesting and serious.
Old July 14, 2008, 12:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

the money should be well spent.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 14, 2008, 12:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim

Top priorities should be
1)To make fast pitches and improve stadium conditions
2)Update and improve website regurlarly
3)Appoint top quality coaches for Academy and so on
Old July 14, 2008, 01:15 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Maybe they can fix there Website
Btw our Tigercricket.com is now ok and safe but by the look of the things it seems it is even more worthless than before...!!!
Old July 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Ok, we got a fair enough deal.

Now the thing is,
How are they planning the expenditure ?

They need to come up with a plan, and preferably, publish it so that we all know how its being spent.

Once again, they are not a private company.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 15, 2008, 12:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

TC is still not safe, google last checked it 7/12

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.c...ercricket.com/
Old July 15, 2008, 01:04 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

I still get this in Firefox 3

Old July 15, 2008, 01:25 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

.....may be the Tiger in tigercricket is starving....
thats why its in attack mode.

Hunt.Kill.Eat.

Be careful.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old July 16, 2008, 01:08 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not 100% sure about its safety but i could visit tigercricket.com with my Firefox 3.
Old July 16, 2008, 01:34 AM
Cricket Guru

and with my opera 2
Old July 16, 2008, 01:38 AM
Cricket Guru

but it has got probe man. the web is sending virus to my pc !
Old July 16, 2008, 09:57 AM
Cricket Guru

সাবেক প্রধান নির্বাহীর কাঁধে ১.২ মিলিয়ন ডলার ক্ষতির দায় চাপাচ্ছে বোর্ড

ঢাকা, ১৬ জুলাই (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- নিম্বাসের সঙ্গে দীর্ঘমেয়াদী চুক্তিতে ক্ষতির ঝুঁকি একদম কমিয়ে ফেলা হয়েছে। অবশ্য তার আগেই বেশ বড় অঙ্কের আর্থিক ক্ষতির মুখ দেখা হয়ে গেছে বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি)। এই যেমন ২০০৭ এর ১৫ মে বৃষ্টির জন্য চট্টগ্রাম বিভাগীয় স্টেডিয়ামে বাংলাদেশ-ভারত ওয়ানডে ম্যাচের একটি বলও না হওয়ায় লোকসান গুণতে হয়েছিল তাদের। নিম্বাস সেই সময় ন্যূনতম নিশ্চয়তামূল্য (মিনিমাম গ্যারান্টি অ্যামাউন্ট) থেকে কেটে রেখেছিল ১.২ মিলিয়ন ইউএস ডলার (এক ডলার ৭০ টাকা হিসাবে ৮ কোটি ৪০ লাখ টাকা)। চুক্তি পর্যালোচনা কমিটির প্রধান আব্দুল মোমেন মনে করেন, ওই ক্ষতি এড়ানো যেত। কিন্তু কীভাবে?

এই প্রশ্নের উত্তরেই শোনা গেছে ক্ষীণ এক অভিযোগের সুর। যদিও তিনি অতীত নিয়ে পড়ে থাকতে পছন্দ করেন না। উইনস্টন চার্চিলকে উদ্ধৃত করে অতীত নিয়ে পড়ে থেকে ভবিষ্যত হারানোর ভয়ের কথাও প্রায়ই বলে থাকেন। তবে ব্যবসায়িক কাজে মালয়েশিয়া যাওয়ার আগে আব্দুল মোমেন বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম-কে বলে গেছেন, "ইন্সুরেন্স করা থাকলে ওই টাকাটা আমাদের হারাতে হত না। তৎকালীন প্রধান নির্বাহী কর্মকর্তাকে (মাহমুদুর রহমান) আমরা জিজ্ঞেসও করেছিলাম, 'আপনারা ইন্সুরেন্স করেননি কেন?' উনি জানিয়েছিলেন, ইন্সুরেন্স প্রিমিয়ামের দর নাকি বেশ চড়া। কিন্তু স¤প্রতি আমরা ইন্সুরেন্স করাতে গিয়ে দেখলাম, আসলে তা নয়।" ১.২ মিলিয়ন ডলার হারানোর দায় এই কথায় মাহমুদুর রহমানের কাঁধেই চেপে যাচ্ছে একরকম। তিনি এটা স্বীকার বা অস্বীকার না করে বলেছেন, "আমি আগে মোমেন সাহেবের সঙ্গে কথা বলে নিই। তারপর মন্তব্য করবো।"

তবে এর চেয়েও দশ গুণের বেশি অর্থ কোষাগারে জমা না হওয়ার দুঃখও আছে বিসিবির। সেজন্য অবশ্য বাংলাদেশে আসতে ভারতীয় দলের টালবাহানা দায়ী। আইসিসির ফিউচার ট্যুর প্রোগ্রাম (এফটিপি) অনুযায়ী গত মার্চে দক্ষিণ আফ্রিকা ও ভারতকে নিয়ে একটা ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজ আয়োজিত হওয়ার কথা ছিল ঢাকায়। যেহেতু ভারত ছিল, তাই ওই সিরিজের জন্য বেশ চড়া ন্যুনতম নিশ্চয়তামূল্যই ধরেছিল নিম্বাস।

কিন্তু আসরটি না হওয়ায় ওই টাকাটা আর পায়নি বিসিবি। ফিনান্সিয়াল কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান মোমেন অবশ্য অঙ্কটা প্রকাশ করতে রাজী নন, "দেখুন, দুই পক্ষের মধ্যেই গোপনীয়তা রক্ষার একটা নীতি আছে। এজন্য এটা জানানো সম্ভব হচ্ছে না।" যদিও বিসিবি'রই অন্য একটি সূত্র থেকে নিশ্চিত হওয়া গেছে যে ওই ত্রিদেশীয় সিরিজের ন্যুনতম নিশ্চয়তামূল্য ধরা ছিল ১৪ মিলিয়ন ইউএস ডলার (বাংলাদেশী মুদ্রায় একশো কোটি টাকার কাছাকাছি)। জুনে ত্রিদেশীয় কিটপ্লাই কাপ আয়োজন করে বড় এই আর্থিক ক্ষতির কিছুটা পুষিয়ে নেওয়া গেছে বলে দাবি করেছেন মোমেন।

পুষিয়ে নেওয়ার একটা খতিয়ানও তিনি তুলে ধরেছেন এভাবে, "কিটপ্লাই কাপ আয়োজন করে স¤প্রচার খাত থেকে সাড়ে চার মিলিয়ন ডলারের বেশি আয় হয়েছে বলে জেনেছি। পাকিস্তানকে অংশগ্রহণ ফি হিসেবে ১০ কোটি টাকা (১.৪ মিলিয়ন ডলারের বেশি) দিতে হয়েছিল, তবে ভারতকে দিতে হয়নি। মার্চে আসেনি বলে ওরা এই টুর্নামেন্টটা বিনা পয়সায় খেলে দিয়ে গেছে। ভারতকে অংশগ্রহণ ফি হিসেবে আরো বেশি দিতে হত। এই খাতে আমাদের কমপক্ষে দুই মিলিয়ন ডলার বেঁচে গেছে। সবমিলিয়ে সাড়ে ৬ মিলিয়ন....মার্চের টুর্নামেন্টটা না হওয়ার ক্ষতি কিছুটা তো পুষিয়ে নেওয়া গেছে।"

পুরোটা পুষিয়ে নেওয়া যায়নি। আবার ভারতের সঙ্গে একটা ম্যাচ না হওয়ায় হারাতে হয়েছে ১.২ মিলিয়ন। দীর্ঘমেয়াদী চুক্তি সইয়ের দিন বলা হয়েছিল, ''ছয় বছরের চুক্তির ন্যূনতম নিশ্চয়তামূল্য (৫৬.৮৮ মিলিয়ন ডলার, চারশো কোটি টাকার মতো) ঠিকই থাকছে।" কিন্তু বিষয়টা তো আসলে তা নয়!

http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/detai...d=30887&cid=26