facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 12, 2005, 11:54 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin
Default i think rajib has earned a test cap

4-26 at an econ rate of 1.9 is spledid even tho the opposition is weak.

i dont think talha or monir will be able to beat them out in the tests.

but i think i think both talha and monir should be given an ODI since we are playin 6 and taps, masri, and rajib need rest.

what are your thoughts on rajib?

PS:

we also now have definitive news on rajib's pace thanks to sham bhai's personal observations. he said rajib is maybe a bit quicker than masri. sham bhai, is b4 or after masri's injuries?

Old May 12, 2005, 12:20 PM
ODI Cricketer

No question. He bowled very well. 15-2-33-4 that will earn him a spot in any team. Well Done!!
Old May 12, 2005, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

We all knew Shahadat and Shahriar both are very good, they well deserved the selection.

The question is, are they good enough to replace a regular in the playing 11.

We will need to give Talha a chance in the practice matches if we want to be fair.
Old May 12, 2005, 01:32 PM
Test Cricketer

Faruq said..
Old May 12, 2005, 01:45 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

We shoudn't have any comments on that , it's all up to the selectors . We are not the selectors anyway . Wait and see who is getting what but whoever plays good they always the front-runner ........ we can take so many pacers in the team it can be for only batting practice too . Our real pacers only 3 "Mashrafe , Tapash and Rajib " ........ and in odi Nazmul Hossain .

Edited on, May 12, 2005, 6:55 PM GMT, by Bangla amar Maa.
Old May 12, 2005, 01:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

anyone know exactly how fast Rajib bowl.....
Old May 12, 2005, 01:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Whatmore just about said it! Rajib will definitely play hisfirst test on this tour, no doubt about it.
Old May 12, 2005, 01:53 PM
Bangla amar Maa
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Samir
anyone know exactly how fast Rajib bowl.....
it could be 92mph altough he is the faster than anyone we have but he's obviously faster than "Ashley Giles" for sure .....
Old May 12, 2005, 09:40 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
amar kintu mone hochhe enamul ar kopale ebar ar test khela hobe na. durbhaggo tar. jodi eta asiate khela hoto tahole kintu tar shujog thakto. kintu ai poribeshe kintu shotti amar mone hoi na take team a nawa hobe. dhannabad.
Old May 13, 2005, 02:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Well.. I have a lot of likings for both these new players. Specially.. Rajib.. But.. to get a test cap.. I still need to see him performing well in the next two practice matches. I believe he will do well in these matches. He has the hunger to do all and a geneune Fast bowler. i dont have much knowledge about Talha.. but.. I really want to see him bowling in the next matches. Whatever it is.. the best should play in the test match. Personally.. I will be glad if Rajib makes it to the test team. He may not be the fastest bowlers in the world.. but. with his sheer pace at 144 to 146 KM.. he can surely rattle the English batting. To my point of view.. English players are pretty good against Swing.. but.. history shows.. they alawys fail against raw pace. IF Rajib can get some swings while bowling 145km.. I am sure he will goanna make English Batsmen to panic.
About Nafees... I still believe his potential as he is an enormously talented batsman. But.. to make into first 11.. he needs to notch up something really good thant that lone 50. I am personally. bit confused whom should Shahriar replace. Rajin, Aftab,,, both are really quality batsman. So.. its better to let him play in the next matches along side Rajin, Aftab, finally to make the selection. I am sure.. Dav will be picking up the best 11 for the test.
Old May 13, 2005, 02:54 AM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
amar kintu akti prosno ache. ebong sheti hochhe talha ebong monir ar speed koto? dhannabad.
Old May 13, 2005, 03:23 AM

Not before he performs i next practice match!
If Rajib performs well in next match, he will get the 2nd pace spot.
And If Tapash fail and Talaha performs better than him, then Talaha will play instead of Tapash in 1rst test.
Old May 13, 2005, 03:32 AM
Cricket Legend

i really dont think that talha is going to do better than taposh. i just dont think. i really want to see taposh in the team. atleast we will have another batsman in the team.
Old May 13, 2005, 03:38 AM
Test Cricketer

Hahah..kar sathe kar tulona.Taposh is 2nd best BD bowler.Amra fan ra ato excited keno,ekta match kharap khelle e team theke bad deayar kotha suru kori.:duh:
Old May 13, 2005, 03:40 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
i really want to see taposh in the team. atleast we will have another batsman in the team.
Apnar moton amioo ekjon Taposh ar batting ar fan
Old May 13, 2005, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mr-khan
Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
i really want to see taposh in the team. atleast we will have another batsman in the team.
Apnar moton amioo ekjon Taposh ar batting ar fan
jaihok,
ki bolbo ar. khub kintu dukkho lagche amar eta bolte je kalkai jai boler ta desher ditiyo shera boler chilo ajke ak dol take ber kore dawar jonno osthir hoye utheche karon tini aktu niyontron hariyefelechilen tar line ebong length ar upor akti shompurno bhinno poribeshe ebong bhinno poristhitite bol kore tar prothom match a.
jaihok,
apni amar moton akjon taposher batting ar fan jene kintu khub bhalo laglo. ami jani taposh ar batting amon kono ahamori kichu na. kintu je kotha ami bar bar bole ashchi je taposh tini kintu shob shomoy cheshta koren. ebong mon diye khelen ebong jan diye khelen thaken tini. tar shaddhomoto jototuku shombhob tini ta ujar kore den doler proyojone ebong sheta boling hok ar batting hok. amra jani taposh kono batsman noi kintu doler proyojone tini besh kobar kintu shokto hate dariyechilen desher man shomman rokkhar jonno. ai fighting spirit kintu oneker moddhe nai. ai jonno ami taposhke ottanto sroddha kori. jodio hoito tar speed mashrafee kingba shahadat ar theke kom. tini akjon medium pacer. kintu tini kintu besh porisromi bole ami mone kori. dhannabad.
Old May 13, 2005, 03:54 AM
Test Cricketer

FRB good post and alsoTaposh ar present speed avg mashrafee theke besi
Old May 13, 2005, 04:41 AM
First Class Cricketer

Mashrafe is a proven performer but others remains to be seen.

England batting is very strong and Shahadat with his raw pace consistently at 90 mph should be an automatic selection.

According to Rabeed, Shahadat recorded speeds at 90 mph mark. This is what Rabeed had to say

1) Rajib is very quick by Bangladeshi standards. He is the fastest bowler in the country. I have a gut feeling that he bowles between 137kmph to 145kmph. We'll have to wait and see what's his real pace when he is measured in international games. He has already gone on record as saying that his coach (McInness) recorded his speed consistently at 90 mph (146/147 km).

Anyway what i am saying is let's test talha and tapash in the same game against the same team in the 2nd practice match let's see who perfroms well.

Tapash or talha will be the 3rd seamer.

Bangladesh will never win the tests unless a miracle happens but they want to impress and fight until the 5th day. So batsmen will need to perform and they must play all practice games.
Old May 13, 2005, 05:12 AM
Cricket Legend

You've got an 18 year old kid who bowls at 90 miles an hour.

Of course you bloody well play him !

Ian Whitchurch

PS If it's a green and bouncy pitch, and England are batting first, then it's time to get your retaliation in first. Man at fine leg, man at square leg, and cue the chin music from Shahadat.
Old May 13, 2005, 06:03 AM
Test Cricketer

Isnt it really early for Rajib?.. He may be promising.. but.. if he cant do well.. he will get lost. English batsmen will be really harsh on him if he fails to take the pressure. May be.. we wait for the 2nd test.
Old May 13, 2005, 06:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Ejaj,

If he's good enough, he's old enough.

And from what we've seen so far, he's good enough to go to Lords, and hold a shiny red ball in his hand.

Ian Whitchurch
Old May 13, 2005, 06:09 AM
Test Cricketer

Old May 13, 2005, 07:15 AM
First Class Cricketer

Anyway who is not going to taken apart. So don't worry
Old May 13, 2005, 07:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

Let Rajib show his potential and because we don't have anyone over 140 km/h which is the speed a fast bowler should bowl at, we must have Shahadat.
Old May 13, 2005, 07:16 AM
First Class Cricketer

So it will be the first test for Rajib after 5 first class matches.