facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 11, 2005, 01:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default \"Nayeera\"

"My name is Nayeera!"
Declares the Human-clone who is marked merely as clone no. 309 by the Science Academy... even though clones are not allowed to have a name!

'Nayeera'is the very recent Futuristic Story (I deny to call it merely a science fiction)by Dr. Zafar Iqbal. It's longer than a story.. but not long enough to be called a novel. Anyone read it yet?

In short, the story is about the fightback of a 15 year old girl who had been illegally cloned from the genes of a prolific yet beautiful scientiest (woman) without her permission or knowledge!

The future of clone controvercy.. the extent of abusive advnce Bio-Genetics... the highly emotinal voice of Dr. Zafar Iqbal agianst hatered between human groups & abuse of science and social knowledge once agains overwhalmed me!! This man really sees the future!

Anyone else here like to read Futuristic Socio-Science-Fictions like these?

Old March 11, 2005, 01:58 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 2:00 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Reason: deleted
Old March 11, 2005, 06:31 AM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

a great plagiarist.

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 11:45 AM GMT, by rezwan1977.
Old March 11, 2005, 08:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by rezwan1977
a great plagiarist.
???
Old March 11, 2005, 08:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 2:00 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Reason: deleted
Old March 11, 2005, 08:44 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Thank you for your hard works with the Thesaurus Spitfire_x86.

I guess you thought its the meaning of the word 'plagiarism' that I was confused about. Would u mind giving me a little more benifit of doubt pls about my knowledge of the word-meaning thing?! Or would u mind not explaining someone else's words out here??

My '???' marks were specificly meant for rezwan1977.. for knowing why he said what he said.. I hope u won't try to read his mind and reply for him.

By the way.. do u always use weird words like 'cyberpunk' to describe anything that doesn't match u'r taste? There are all sorts of literature, arts, music, movie and everything..

Do u always show as much impatience to anything that u dont find interesting... as u r doing here in this thread?

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 1:46 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.
Old March 11, 2005, 09:02 AM
Cricket Legend

well, i definately don't want to hurt anybody's feelings

cheer up
Old March 11, 2005, 09:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: The Narail Express

this 'Nayeera' story seems cool.. but i think i see this kinda story before!!
Old March 11, 2005, 10:32 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

It's ok Spitfire_x86.. u din't hurt anyone's feelings. U din' t need to delete ur posts.

It is just better to keep an open mind towards views & tastes that differ from your own... specially when it comes to the field of art and literature..

Anyway.. let's move on..

The best thing that I like about Dr. ZI's Sci-Fi stories is that even though being a scientist himself.. he isn't over-fascinated to confuse the readers with grotesque theories of science. Rather he writes more about the change of Emotions & Social Values through time...

Another Good Writer of Sci-Fi Novels was his brother Humayun Ahmed. He used to deal more with Human Psychology & what he called 'Para-Psychology. Unfortunately.. he only writes craps now!

The trend they follow in this sort of writing is very likely to be the current mode of Sci-Fi stories popular among the rest of the world... and surely it is supposed to have analogies with current trends.

But they(specially Dr. Zafar Iqbal) sure are the pioneers of Sci-Fi Novels in Bengali.
Old March 11, 2005, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

here.

i'm a die hard science fiction fan, and zafar iqbal's one of my favs. among my other favs are arthur c clarke and isaac asimov.

i havent read nayeera. any idea how to access zafar iqbal books in us/canada?
Old March 11, 2005, 02:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

Quote:
Originally posted by crickethorizon
"My name is Nayeera!"
(I deny to call it merely a science fiction)by Dr. Zafar Iqbal.
I haven' read it nor am I planning to read it. Sounds very interesting but It will take me quiet a while to actually finish a bangla book. Anywyas, fill us in as to why you wouldn't call it a mere "science fiction". What kind of "ethical" issues does he raise in the book. What abuses does he particularly mention? It will be interesting to hear how a scientist feel in playing God.

If you want my personal opinion - I wholeheartedly encourage these kind of research (ie stem cell research, cloning etc) eventhough my close kins may not appreciate it I wouldn't want human cloning right now though.. even the thought should be forbidden. it's too imperfect. But eventually it will happen and it will just be part of life - just like adoption/abortion/gay marriage etc. Sad indeed!

Quote:
[In short, the story is about the fightback of a 15 year old girl who had been illegally cloned from the genes of a prolific yet beautiful scientiest (woman) without her permission or knowledge! ]
I am a bit confused here - may just be the sentence structure. Who feels the permission was necessary? The cloned girl or the mother (beautiful scientis)? If it is the cloned girl, I think it is a stupid plot. Were you asked for permission before your mom conceived you? I don't think so!

asif.. there are online bangla stores.. ck it out. But in US - particularly in NY - they have everything.... they got things that you don't even have in BD except for bangla potitas, All are mexicans here

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 7:52 PM GMT, by Orpheus.
Reason: this post was too clean - felt naked.
Old March 11, 2005, 02:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Orphy: U hav only jumped to conclusions on the few lines i wrote about the story. Here r some more hints for u only:

"What kind of "ethical" issues does he raise in the book?"
>> U hav to be familiar with the writings of Dr. ZI to understand what I meant by that. A few posts later I tried to giv some idea about how he and his brother Humayun Ahmed writes these novels. The rest?.... wel u hav to read for urself to know it.

"I wholeheartedly encourage these kind of research"
>> U hav every right to your own opinion.. and specially when human cloning is among 'the most controvercial issue' on earth. But in the novel the ethical point raised about it was not against cloning.. but about cloned humans behing used as experimental animals in the labs.

"I am a bit confused here - may just be the sentence structure. Who feels the permission was necessary? The cloned girl or the mother (beautiful scientis)? If it is the cloned girl, I think it is a stupid plot...."
>> Now here u missed the point completely !! The story hosted a society where human cloning is still banned, even in the most advanced society of few centuries later from now... so obviously the question of permission when it comes to cloning anyone is not 'a stupid plot'...

By the way... it feels kinda stupid to explain or translate a story/novel like I'm teaching or preaching someone... so if u want to discuss the story... please do the hard part of reading the story first. And, on the other hand, if u actually feel that "It will be interesting to hear how a scientist feel in playing God"... I think I get your very personal views about Futuristic Writings..

Someone can't be forced to like or read a specific kind of writings... can they?
Old March 11, 2005, 03:30 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim, Riyad, Ashraful

haha! I still think it's a stupid plot! I will opt not to read it. STop taking thigns too personally. Your idol's brain cells are dying just like his brothers' died long ago.

The subject itself actually interests me.... that's why I wanted to talk about it as cloning is not really a "science fiction" anymore. I have no interest in science fiction or your so called "futuristic writings". I think you have limited vision or you just suck at summarizing things.
Old March 11, 2005, 03:54 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Orphy...
This is a discussion about a Sci-Fi story.. and not about why u think it's stupid when u don't read them at all.

And about your comment: "I think you have limited vision or you just suck at summarizing things."... my question to u is :
Who asked for your opinion on my vision?! Thanx for the 'Polite' concern though!!

The point is simple.. if u dont enjoy Sci-Fi.. why bother to make comments on it?
It's just a story.. no one is forcing u to like it... u surely can hate it like hell

But don't start hating me because I liked it!