facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old June 7, 2019, 09:03 AM
ma_o_mati's Avatar
ma_o_mati ma_o_mati is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 4, 2008
Posts: 1,359

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Quite right. If I am not mistaken was on debut, and Ash was the hatrick in his very first over
Yh. Then he scored that famous 94 of 52. What a talent Ash was!
__________________
o se shopno diye toiri se desh
Sriti diye ghera: amar-jonmovumi
Reply With Quote

  #52  
Old June 7, 2019, 09:57 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by fush_montor
what are the chances of a washout tomorrow? won’t mind the 1 point..
I also would not have mind the 1 point had we won vs NZ. Now I want a game

No one talks about our CT match vs NZ, only talks how we sneaked our way in to the CT semi. So I dont want a rain affected 1 point as long as we have only beaten only 1 of the contenders.
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old June 7, 2019, 10:24 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

Allah megh de pani de chaya derey tui....
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old June 7, 2019, 10:25 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 2,463

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Yh. Then he scored that famous 94 of 52. What a talent Ash was!
Jhore bok more, fokirer keramoti bare.
__________________
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old June 7, 2019, 10:27 AM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 15,452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Allah megh de pani de chaya derey tui....
nice song! kintu amra Brishti chai na amra bijoy chai
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old June 7, 2019, 11:47 AM
Jadukor's Avatar
Jadukor Jadukor is offline
2019 WC Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 17, 2010
Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Posts: 13,916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
nice song! kintu amra Brishti chai na amra bijoy chai
Amio toh porajoy chai na... shei jonnei toh ai gaan
__________________
Caught Somewhere in Time
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old June 7, 2019, 11:51 AM
weekyd weekyd is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 22, 2014
Posts: 1,036

Weather forecast for Saturday

Doesn't look good. More likely to be a curtailed match.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old June 7, 2019, 11:58 AM
One World One World is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 18, 2005
Location: New England
Favorite Player: Mominul Haque
Posts: 24,235

Curtailed match আমরা আবার expert - triseries finale 😀
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:05 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekyd
Weather forecast for Saturday

Doesn't look good. More likely to be a curtailed match.
I was excited seeing weather clearing in the afternoon. then remember match starts at my afternoon but it is morning in cardiff :faceoalm:
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:09 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

With Archer and Butler, England is a threat, and cannot be underestimated. I hope we play with the same level of intensity like we did vs NZ. And let's pray Rahim holds on to chances.

Actually, scratch that, if Bd doesn't show real intention by giving gloves to someone else, Eng will not respect us at all, thinking we are there for merry making, and token 3 wins. So Liton or Mithun behind the stumps is a key strategic move we have to make midway tourney. If Rahim refuses to be in the team if his gloves are taken away, send him home. No man is bigger than the team. Fly in Yasir as his replacement.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:15 PM
Match Adda's Avatar
Match Adda Match Adda is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: December 30, 2016
Location: U.S.A
Favorite Player: tamim, Sabbir, Mustafiz
Posts: 5,958

This x11 must play
Tamim
Somaya
Sakib
musfiq
Sabbir ( extra spin)
Riad
Mossaddek
Saifuddin
Miraz
Rubel
Mustafiz (10 ov)

For this match at least mash need to step down and play as a 12 man.. for country he have to do it
Sabbir Mosa can share 5 over each
Mustafiz and rubel and Sakib 30 overs to finish
Miraz and saif can share 10 overs or more from the top couple
But Bangladesh have to use their every source to win this match .. otherwise I can see bye bye
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:16 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
With Archer and Butler, England is a threat, and cannot be underestimated. I hope we play with the same level of intensity like we did vs NZ. And let's pray Rahim holds on to chances.

Actually, scratch that, if Bd doesn't show real intention by giving gloves to someone else, Eng will not respect us at all, thinking we are there for merry making, and token 3 wins. So Liton or Mithun behind the stumps is a key strategic move we have to make midway tourney. If Rahim refuses to be in the team if his gloves are taken away, send him home. No man is bigger than the team. Fly in Yasir as his replacement.
mithun is as bad as mushy if not worse..need liton..wish we had nurul with liton's batting capability
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:21 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

^ Well, with all due respect, why didn't you push for developing Nurul as a batsman then? ( Me and Alfie are huge Nurul fans) He only got two chances in ODI, and didn't do badly. In the olden days, we would spend 10 years to develop a basket case like Rahim, and you won't even spare more than 2 games to develop Nurul?
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:23 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 15,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
I was excited seeing weather clearing in the afternoon. then remember match starts at my afternoon but it is morning in cardiff :faceoalm:
Weather forecast is good for tomorrow. No rain after 8 AM. I expect a full 50 over match.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:26 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^ Well, with all due respect, why didn't you push for developing Nurul as a batsman then? ( Me and Alfie are huge Nurul fans) He only got two chances in ODI, and didn't do badly. In the olden days, we would spend 10 years to develop a basket case like Rahim, and you won't even spare more than 2 games to develop Nurul?
you cant compare nurul's time with Mushfik..when Mushfik was developing we did not have any WK batsman. So he survived. in case of nurul now we have many WK batsman who are better than him(batting wise). so he lost his place in the team

in BCB's thinking point batting comes first wk second
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:32 PM
Miraz's Avatar
Miraz Miraz is offline
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team
 
Join Date: February 27, 2006
Location: London, United Kingdom
Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Posts: 15,709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you cant compare nurul's time with Mushfik..when Mushfik was developing we did not have any WK batsman. So he survived. in case of nurul now we have many WK batsman who are better than him(batting wise). so he lost his place in the team

in BCB's thinking point batting comes first wk second
It’s same for every odi team. There is no wicket keeper first batsman second case in world cricket now.
__________________
You only play good cricket when you win/draw matches.
I am with Bangladesh, whether they win or lose . http://twitter.com/BanglaCricket
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:42 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

^ No, but QDK, MSD, Butler and Hope are all amazing keepers, not just batsmen. Hope just took another blinder the other day vs Aus.

Latham, Carey, KJ perrera are not known for keeping exactly, but definitely used their keeping strengths to get the nod over others.

Sarfaraz, Shahzad are not known for their keeping at all. And Rahim, I guess joins them.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:43 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
you cant compare nurul's time with Mushfik..when Mushfik was developing we did not have any WK batsman. So he survived. in case of nurul now we have many WK batsman who are better than him(batting wise). so he lost his place in the team

in BCB's thinking point batting comes first wk second
No, we had Khaled Mashud. BCB had problems with KM, fans scapegoated him for the 2003 disaster. Sujon wanted to be captain. Politics. Thus, Mushfiq was forced upon us.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:43 PM
AbuDarda's Avatar
AbuDarda AbuDarda is offline
Test Cricketer
 
Join Date: September 12, 2011
Posts: 1,025

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma_o_mati
Yh. Then he scored that famous 94 of 52. What a talent Ash was!
Ah sweet memory! Still fill goosebumps when remember those games. Every wicket,every boundery,every milestone were very much cherished. Good old days..... are long gone!
__________________
ক্রিকেট ই আমার একমাত্র প্রেয়সি। ক্রিকেট আমার ধ্যান, ক্রিকেট আমার জ্ঞান।
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:45 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 22,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
No, we had Khaled Mashud. BCB had problems with KM, fans scapegoated him for the 2003 disaster. Sujon wanted to be captain. Politics. Thus, Mushfiq was forced upon us.
Mushfik debuted 2005. We could have had KM untill 2007 may be..from 2007 to 2011 there were no one else other than mushfik
__________________
kumbaya
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:45 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,655

Bangladesh always downed England in WC, so I am confident of a BD win.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:46 PM
Tigers_eye's Avatar
Tigers_eye Tigers_eye is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: June 30, 2005
Location: Little Rock
Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh
Posts: 32,591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
^ No, but QDK, MSD, Butler and Hope are all amazing keepers, not just batsmen. Hope just took another blinder the other day vs Aus.

Latham, Carey, KJ perrera are not known for keeping exactly, but definitely used their keeping strengths to get the nod over others.

Sarfaraz, Shahzad are not known for their keeping at all. And Rahim, I guess joins them.
No Wkt keeper gets to miss 1/3 of chances and keeps his gloves. That is suicidal for the team. Catches win you games.
__________________
The Weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the Strong." - Gandhi.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:49 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 5,914

^ Oh you are preaching to the choir bruh. This is why I get so upset when months after months, I remind people about Rahim, and they are quick to brush me off by saying, "oh well, we are stuck with him". Well I hope you are happy being stuck with missed chances at the global stage. The time for activism is over. Anyway, I just hope god looks the other way regarding our blatant persistence with Rahim despite all the signs of him being a lousy keeper,and we manage more wins even with this handicap on the team.
__________________
#PrivatizeBCB
#PrivatizeBFF
The end of Rahim will mark a new great beginning for the complacency free Bangladesh!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:51 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib
Posts: 13,889

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
Bangladesh always downed England in WC, so I am confident of a BD win.
Not prior to 2015. But I am with you. Lets Go Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old June 7, 2019, 12:52 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Savant
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 28,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamnsu
Not prior to 2015. But I am with you. Lets Go Bangladesh
2011 World Cup

Mahmudullah and Shafiul partnership
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket