facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports

Other Sports Talk about other Bangladeshi and International sports.

Old June 10, 2009, 01:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Sid Crosby.

http://shop.nhl.com/shop/index.jsp?c...34024&view=all

For all those concerned: This is what NHL and Bettman wants. This is from today ( Jun 10 ) and they are selling Red Wings Championship gear on their site! Well..We have a Game 7 to play. Even after solid evidence, the chicken wings fans, will continue to harp that the refs are unfair to them! Stuff your f** in championship gear..

Old June 10, 2009, 07:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell

As a neutral I'm loving this series. Aside from game 5 all the other games were closely contested and made for some stimulating hockey. I hope there's one more great game in this series. Detroit will be sharp defensively. If the Pens can weather the storm in the first 5 to 10 minutes they will be ok. Btw, it was great to see Sykora block a shot but unfortunately injured his foot in the process and will most likely miss game 7. If the refs let the players decide the game, it will be an entertaining game.

NHL news: Philadelphia Flyers signed Ray Emrey the former Ottawa Senators goalie.
Calgary Flames fans, help is on the way. Brent Sutter the coach of New Jersey Devils resigned his headcoaching duties to go back to Saskachewan to be closer to his family and coach the major junior team there. I believe this move is a precursor to his the ultimate goal of landing the position of geographically closer Calgary Flames' head coach under the tutelage of his GM brother Darryl Sutter.
Old June 10, 2009, 09:07 PM
Cricket Guru

Great to have you back IC. I am a total nervous wreck right now and the game is still two days away. Win or lose, I am real proud of my young team, and hopefully they can somehow pull it out. It will be a mammoth task no doubt.

Emery and Flyers deserve each other. That's all I gotta say.

You guys seem to have the entire team of UFA's. Heard some rumors of Kovy coming back to the Pens. Probably not true. We are probably losing Scuderi. He is the most underrated, under the radar defensive D man.

GO PENS..
Old June 11, 2009, 07:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Great to have you back IC. I am a total nervous wreck right now and the game is still two days away. Win or lose, I am real proud of my young team, and hopefully they can somehow pull it out. It will be a mammoth task no doubt.

Emery and Flyers deserve each other. That's all I gotta say.

You guys seem to have the entire team of UFA's. Heard some rumors of Kovy coming back to the Pens. Probably not true. We are probably losing Scuderi. He is the most underrated, under the radar defensive D man.

GO PENS..
My beloved Habs are in desparate need of a superstar. I think I better step into the rink and show the boys how it's done. Joking aside, I have renewed interest of playing semi-serious hockey again. So far there are 12 players interested in playing for our team. 6 forwards, 4 defencemen, a goalie and coach/player. Half the team's europpean though. Need to start renting a rink for practice. It's usally cheaper during summer so, money won't be an issue.

Last edited by Ishtylish cricketer; June 11, 2009 at 04:44 PM..
Old June 11, 2009, 09:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Well...Vinny is available from what I hear. Good luck with your team this summer. Maybe, you will be the first BD-Canadian to play in NHL? who knows.
Old June 11, 2009, 05:13 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
Well...Vinny is available from what I hear. Good luck with your team this summer. Maybe, you will be the first BD-Canadian to play in NHL? who knows.
Yeah but I don't think he's interested playing for the Habs. NHL? I am average, man. I play centre. Probably a better passer than scorer but my shooting's improving. I need to start shooting some pucks into the washer. Ideal linemate: Ovechkin. Saucer pass on the tape all day.

Anyway, what's your gut feeling about tomorrow? Stats are heavily against the Pens. They say that home ice doesn't matter in hockey (although in this series it's meant EVERYTHING) until you get to a game 7. We will find out the veracity of that statement tomorrow I guess. Pens will have to overcome every minute element that determines the eventual winner. Detroit will get the last change ie. will be able to match Crosby and Malkin with their best d-men, they will be able to cheat a bit more on the faceoff circle, more likely to be beneficiary of the lucky bounces off the boards since they are more familiar with their rink geometry, crowd noise level during the PP will impede defensive communication, etc. I don't know Beams, everything's pointing to the Wings or at least in my estimation. I hope I am wrong.
Old June 11, 2009, 08:59 PM
Cricket Guru

All that you have said is also my fear. Its a mammoth task. They have so much experience, so many cups, and almost unbeatable at home. Fluery also had issues there with those boards. My gut feeling is not good. I thought we had a chance to earn a split in first two games. But, that's in the past. My hope is that the big guns from both teams will neutralize each other somewhat ( Datsuyk, Zberg, Crosby, Malkin ). So, if we are to win, Jordan has to do what he has been doing in this series, and possibly even better tomorrow. I am afraid of Hossa. Maybe he has been waiting for this moment. From my side, if we pull it out, that GW goal might, just might come from Ruslan Fedotenko. He has missed so many this series that something tells me he might correct that. Anyway..its gonna be awful night to sleep tonight and even worse day to work tomorrow.

Go Pens..
Old June 11, 2009, 09:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Canada's cheering for Crosby and Pittsburg Penguins.
Old June 12, 2009, 03:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Game 7 of the SCF, doesn't get any better than that, the so called "uncertainties" notwithstanding. This is the first championship game 7 of any major sport in Detroit since 1955, and I have NO doubts as to the outcome of the game. You'll see why after the game ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 12, 2009 at 05:48 PM..
Old June 12, 2009, 08:58 AM
Cricket Guru

D- Day is here!

IC : The joke around here is they have started to call CBC - Crosby Broadcasting Corp ! I am sure Sohel likes these Toronto pimps even more now.

Last week, I was at a Downtown restaurant/bar in the evening close to the Igloo, which is frequented heavily by both Pens and Steelers, then saw this thick set shortish dude ordering rounds of whiskey at the bar. Kid you not, it was Ty Domi. He was lit. He must have been in town for the cup or something. I wanted tell him how proud I was of him when he beat that Philly fan who jumped in the penalty box. Then, I thought, ahh..just leave him alone. We had a few chuckles all evening watching him as long as I was there. He was out..
Old June 12, 2009, 12:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

Caught most of the 3rd of Game 6, good stuff The save by Fleury and than Scuderi's Empty Net Save was even better.

My Prediction 5-2 Wings, the Joe will be rocking
12.6 Syed Rasel to Sangakkara, OUT: What a delivery, completely fooled Sangakkara, first five delivery were the outswingers and now, this one comes in sharply, Sangakkara tries to left it and ball hits the off stump, top class bowling!
Old June 12, 2009, 05:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Show no mercy, leave no doubt! Red Wings forever!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; June 12, 2009 at 05:55 PM..
Old June 12, 2009, 07:45 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishtylish cricketer
Canada's cheering for Crosby and Pittsburg Penguins.
Old June 12, 2009, 08:34 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

2-0 Pens...umm yay. Cant believe rooting for pens...
Old June 12, 2009, 08:37 PM
Cricket Guru

still 2-0 Pens. 4:30 to go in 2nd!!
Old June 12, 2009, 08:50 PM
Cricket Guru

end of 2nd period. 2-0 Pens.Marc-Andre Fleury playing superb!
Old June 12, 2009, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Pens - NEW Stanley Cup Champion - 2009!! Great to see them lift the cup!! Go Pens!
Old June 12, 2009, 09:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Poor poor Hossa.

Congrats to Pens. Without their leader still managed to hold on. DID YOU GUYS SEE fleury's last diving save last seconds. Saved the day.
Old June 12, 2009, 09:50 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you Red Wings for another great season. Win or lose, SEMPER FEI baby!

Congratulations to the Pittsburg Penguins for a well deserved win. Congratulations to Beamer. What can I say bro, other than HUMBLED? ...

No hard feelings dear friend. Bragging rights for a year and the Pens deserve it. Beating us in our own building is tough enough. Doing it in game 7 of the SCF is remarkable. Sure it hurts. Haven't lost in the SCF since the Devils and that was easier. We got swept. Losing during the playoffs is also acceptable, but this ... oh well. There's always next year.

Clutch saves by Fleury. Great goals by Talbot. Turns out he WAS right after all. Hossa did pick the wrong team. Great defensive unit. Definitely the most underrated in the NHL. Last but not least, Bylsma is definitely a keeper. Malkin is great and Cup winning vets such as Guerin, Fedotenko and Dupuis did their jobs and then some.

Bettman handing the trophy over to Sydney Crosby at the Joe, NOTHING beats that particular wet dream. The humiliation is complete. That said, the better team always wins the Cup. Hats off to a team that has what it takes to win more ...

Taking a break to recover.

Last edited by Sohel; June 13, 2009 at 01:31 AM..
Old June 13, 2009, 06:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Dump and chase killed the Wings. Great forechecking by the Pens 3 and 4th liners. The first two period was totally dominated by the Pens, looked as though Wings didn't know what hit them. Wings were a banged up bunch but being a classy organization they never used that as an excuse. On the night Penguins were the better team and they deserved to win. Many congratulations to Beamer. First the Steelers and now the Peguins. Steel town's on a roll man.
Old June 13, 2009, 09:55 AM
Cricket Guru

I would like to congratulate the Wings first for teaching us how to win. We played the way Wings play. What can I say about this bunch? Character, toughness, grit, skill, speed- all combined into one. Spotting the Wings a 2-0 lead is never easy. After the 5-0 meltdown, it took mental strength to beat them back to back, and we did beat them last four out of five. I am proud.

Sohel : No hard feelings bro. No trash talk either. Thanks for those words. No more Lindros, Daigle comparisons though lol..
IC : We are on a roll. I am still dizzy from last night. Barely slept. Looks like I will be going to the second parade of the year!

Just one note for Hossa : In sports, you never publicly dis your mates with whom you went to war with. Whatever your reasons are, you never say that you are better off with the other team. That fueled us all year. Nobody said that in public, but to a man, they vowed they won't let him beat us. He went unnoticed all series.
Old June 14, 2009, 03:43 AM
Cricket Savant

No more Lindros comparisons for sure. Actually winning the Cup, no matter what the player's actual contribution may be, makes a HUGE difference. But my fundamental issues with Cindy won't go away. Never have been a fan of narcissism, media hype, whining, sulking and one dimensional play, and will never be. But no gratuitous trash talk until we meet again ...

REPEAT loser Hossa is history in Detroit. We would have been in the SCF without him, period. Sure he's a very good player when things are going well, and backchecked + tried to cycle the puck along the boards, but that's hardly worth the millions he got. The least we expected were at least 3 quality shots, stick side and high, per game. Didn't happen. He had two guys on him at all times but so did Hank, the Mule, Pav on one good foot, and Cleary. Very good players, I use the term "great" sparingly, need to be at their best when their team needs them the most. He was far from that. Looks like we still have to wait more to fill the void left by Shaney and Slava Kozlov long ago.

His departure will allow us to keep the far more useful Val and Hudler, and offer Conks and Helm better contracts. Also, after Sammy leaves as expected, we can get a solid defenceman in addition to Kindl and relieve Stuart, Mr. one-critical-turnover-per-game, of half of his games. The real question is: can he ever be as good and reliable as our D kids, Ericsson and Lebda?

Anyway, if Cheli and Draper retire and Nick moves back to Sweden for his kids, I hope he doesn't yet, our salary cap situation allows a great deal of flexibility. Griffins continue to produce diamonds for us and our scouts find them in the rough.

That said, Hossa is no scapegoat. Everybody in Detroit recognizes the fact that we lost because the Pens were better when it counted the most. Fleury, please don't call him overrated any more, stopped everything we threw at him and that is the stuff of legends. In the end, it was he who made the critical difference by keeping the Pens in several games by withstanding our surges, so that sadly underrated excellent players like Talbot, Fedotenko and Guerin could put it away. He was definitely my Conn Smythe winner, taking nothing away from the great Malkin.

Last edited by Sohel; June 14, 2009 at 05:05 PM..
Old June 14, 2009, 10:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Fluery had that tag with him until he exercised those demons Friday night. He is a champion now. And, yes, if the Conn Smythe was awarded only for the Cup Finals, he would be the hands down winner. Sid and Malkin ( to some extent ) didn't show up as much on the scoresheet as they have done previously simply because of Wings superior backchecking. Nobody better than Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Nobody. So, they did what they were asked to do. Dump, chase, play defense and play physical, which they did.

Without Sid, we don't beat Philly and Capitals.
Without Geno, we don't beat Carolina and Wings . Geno still ended up with eight points. Without those two and combined 67 points we won't be the champions for sure.

Our foot soldiers got it done. TK, Mad Max, Staal, Feds, Kuni, and Billy G's veteran leadership were crucial and yes, our D men never gets the spotlight. But they should. Orpik is one of the most physical, Scuderi so steady, Gonchar calming influence and Letang is an emerging star.

I am heavily impressed by Cleary and Helm. Erricsson is very good. Zetterberg's work rate is out of this world.

Unlike last year, we don't have many UFA's this year. Plus, we will dump Sykora, Satan and probably sign a younger winger. Hopefully, Caputi and Tangradi are ready to come up and join the main squad.
Old June 14, 2009, 05:24 PM
Cricket Savant

Not so long ago, the Pens made a serious mistake after having Scotty Bowman leave Pittsburg. After helping you win back to back Cups, he wanted more authority in order to create a better, more comprehensive scouting and farm system topped of by a solid AHL affiliate. He wanted more resources to be allocated there rather than depend on Toronto-style, draft big, trade big and hope BS. That didn't happen and the Pens suffered for a long time without Cup or a decent shot at winning one.

Scotty was allowed to do that in Detroit and look at the results. Red Wings fans, especially during playoffs appear arrogant only because we've won so much and so consistently. Often totally outside the "hockey wisdom" coming out of Toronto's loser temples of dump and chase hockey. We never lose faith in our team and never ponder the possibility of a loss. Because we have NEVER been outclassed in any game for more than a decade. But we're also hockey fans from Hockeytown in a hockey state, know how to shake hands afterward, and praise where praise is due. EVEN Toronto, Chicago and Colorado are included. Well, maybe not Toronto.

Anyway ...

Luckily Mario witnessed all of that and now that he has Bylsma, he would implement the Bowmanian system. Once he does, the Pens will fly and sustain that flight for a long time.

Last edited by Sohel; June 14, 2009 at 06:02 PM..
Old June 14, 2009, 09:27 PM
Cricket Guru

Sohel

With all due respect, I don't think I am in any mood to accept advice from you, or what the Pens should do or shouldn't do. We are the champions. If anything, learn a thing or two from us. Reserve your advice for likes of lesser teams please. Enough of Red Wings. Didn't want to rub it, but we beat you on your ice in Game 7. Sidney Crosby hoisted the CUP in Your House.

Scotty left because of the ownership situation at that time. Plus, Craig Patrick was the GM, a good one at that time. Its not true that the Pens didn't contend in '90s. They did every year, just never won the cup again. We were in playoffs every year until the bankruptcy situation in early 2000. Mario rescued and since then we have been drafting and developing our own. Including the big names of Sid, Geno, Staal, Fleury, the likes of Kennedy, Talbot, Orpik, Scuderi, Letang ( Malone, Armstrong ) all were drafted and came through the ranks. We are on right path.

About the handshake situation. Last year, we waited patiently after all your guys did their celebration, and when you were ready, we lined up. But, this year? your Nik was on the Center ice half a minutes after the final whistle. I understand you don't want to see us celebrate. But, show the class that you are said to have. This was our first cup for this young group. Captain was getting congratulated by everybody, and by the time he went over, some of your players have left, including so called Saint. I think that guy is a big fraud. Franzen has some class. He waited for Sid and actually asked if his knee was fine. He is a fine forward ( with Pens he can score 60 goals easily ) and a finer gentleman. Sid shook hands with the vast majority of the team. Babcock was overheard praising his leadership. Words of Sour Grapes Drapes has no meaning whatsoever here. Your guys were too fast off ice after the game, although the same couldn't be said during the game.

Your fans Booed the whole time during Conn Smythe presentation. Nobody could hear Bettman when he was about to hand the cup over to Sid. Such was the loudness of the boooosss. What class you are talking about? Do you get audio when you watch the game? Buy a DVD of last year and watch how overwhelming majority of Pens fans actually clapped. Your team was in such a hurry to leave that they didn't even bother to acknowledge their own crowd, raise sticks and all, something all teams do at the end of season at home. Rubbish talk from your end!

Pens are ready to fly. With or without Wings fans advice. Sit tight and watch. Also, nobody cares here what anybody thinks of Crosby. Your GM would trade the house if he could land him tomorrow. adios..

Last edited by Beamer; June 14, 2009 at 09:33 PM..