facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 1, 2008, 10:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Sad but not surprised. Actually surprised that he didn't get call sooner. Anyway, I wish him best of luck and hopefully he will be same bowler when he rectifies his action.

BC members, who are calling ICC this or that...please take a chill pill. ICC made rules, Razzak broke it - thus got suspended. I dont see any problem w/ that.

Old December 2, 2008, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
আব্দুর রাজ্জাকের জন্য শুভ কামনা।
ইনশাআল্লাহ আব্দুর রাজ্জাক ফিরে আসবে। আইসিসির একচক্ষু সিধান্ত আমাদের মত দেশের বিরুন্ধে যাবে এটাই স্বভাবিক
অন্তু সাহেব, বিষয়টা বুঝলাম না! সিদ্ধান্তটা সঠিকই। রাজ্জাক তার নিজেরই অবহেলার স্বীকার!

আশাকরি সে আচিরেই মাঠে ফিরে আসবে। আমাদের সমস্ত শুভ-কামনাই তার জন্যে...:-d
Old December 2, 2008, 04:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I was surprised that both his normal delivery and quicker one, he bends on average of 25 digress. I would not have been surprise if only his quicker ones would reported to be more than 15 degrees. But the report says same degree of bend for both the deliveries. Though I have no idea about these tests, but still i am having doubt on it because of same result for both the deliveries.

Razzak will definitely come back, i am sure of that as BCB will provide full support for him. But it may take some time as the report says he needs to do some huge modifications. But doubt is whether we can have the same Razzak. After being reported and changing the bowling action, Durjoy was not as effective as he used to, I hope same think does not happen to Razzak.

IMO, doors open for new spinner in ODI team. Our team is just getting younger by day........
Old December 2, 2008, 05:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
অন্তু সাহেব, বিষয়টা বুঝলাম না! সিদ্ধান্তটা সঠিকই। রাজ্জাক তার নিজেরই অবহেলার স্বীকার!

আশাকরি সে আচিরেই মাঠে ফিরে আসবে। আমাদের সমস্ত শুভ-কামনাই তার জন্যে...:-d
বুঝলেন না ওবায়েদ ভাই, এটা হল একজন ফ্যানের টিপিকাল রিএকশন।

কোথায় জানি শুনলাম ফিল্ডিং কোচ সালাউদ্দিন আ.রাজ্জাককে এই ব্যাপারে কোচ করবে। তাহলেই হয়েছে।

একটা জিনিস লক্ষনীয় বাংলাদেশের যে ওডিআই সাইড গড়ে উঠছিল তার সকল ইম্পোর্ট্যান্ট প্লেয়ারগুলোই একে একে নানাবিধ কারনে ঝড়ে পরছে।

১। রফিকঃ অবসর
২। কাপালী, ফরহাদ রেজা, শাহরীয়ার নাফীস, ধীমান, আফতাবঃ আইসিএল
৩। আব্দুর রাজ্জাকঃ নিষিদ্ধ (সাময়িক)

মোটামুটি একটি দল হিসেবে গড়ে উঠছিল। আইসিএলের পরেও টাইগাররা সামাল দিয়েছিল কিন্তু আব্দুর রাজ্জাকের এই ঘটনা দলের জন্য খুব খারাপ হবে। আব্দুর রাজ্জাকের এখন পর্যন্ত কোন বিকল্প নাই।

মাথা মোটা লিপু এন্ড কোং এর যে কোন মূল্যে ওকে টীমে ব্যাক করাতেই হবে।
Old December 2, 2008, 05:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafe
Thumbs down look at the bigger picture

There might be larger things at play here:

Asoka De Silva has personal venom against Bangladesh cricket for some reason. Tony Grieg a few days ago before the NZ series anounced Bangladesh cannot be considered an international side. Daryl Harper is part of that elite brand of umpires who also resonate with that Tony Greig sentiment.

The ploy is to take any and all advantages to help make the decision 6 months from now to review the Test status again of Bangladesh. Pakistan is already murdered in the ICC. They are deadbeats. India would protect Bangladesh only so long.

The ICL saga did not put a dent on the team, but the western cricket media never fails to mention in every single article to this day, that Bangladesh is a weakened side due to ICL.

Bangladesh is not helping themselves by their huge losses either. This is destined for death of BD cricket.
Old December 2, 2008, 06:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Napoleon Einstein

I wish us(New Zealand) could bring back our icl players too, we are struggling so bad but we had to ban them because we are so small India would crush us like a bug and we wouldnt be able to play any international cricket
Old December 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
Test Cricketer

the rulses r very clear,
if u get reported twice u get band untill u correct it,
the new rule is i think 15 degre but razzaq bends more than that and he didnt claim he has birt defects of his arms aswell, but i think murali bends it more though
Old December 2, 2008, 09:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
Certainly a bad news for us, but its not the end of the world, both for Razzak and the team.

Its not that his regular action is over the optimum angle, its just the action of his fast balls.

All he needs to do is slightly change his action while bowling the fast balls. Though it wont be an easy task straightway, but it would prove his diversity and resilience. He does not need to change his regular action and when he can slighty rectify his banned action, i think he would be back with a bang.

Razzak is one of our biggest assets at the moment and i wish him all the best of luck.
checked out cricinfo all of his bowls are thought to be illegal
Old December 2, 2008, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

mosharraf is prolly banging his head against the wall now...
Old December 2, 2008, 09:54 AM
ODI Cricketer

i guess enamul will make a come back.
Old December 2, 2008, 12:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

Razzak expected come back before bd-sri-zim tri series.He was very confident at the airport interview.In his opinion,' it was not impossible'.His rehabilitation process will start from next sunday at Bksp under bd fielding coach Salauddin and one of Bksp's Indian coach.
Old December 2, 2008, 12:47 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir
Razzak expected come back before bd-sri-zim tri series.He was very confident at the airport interview.In his opinion,' it was not impossible'.His rehabilitation process will start from next sunday at Bksp under bd fielding coach Salauddin and one of Bksp's Indian coach.
that's the spirit! thank you for this good news shabbir bhai...!
Old December 2, 2008, 01:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Razzak suspension a big loss: chief selector
Dhaka, Dec 01 (bdnews24.com) – Chief selector Rafiqul Alam on Monday termed the ICC suspension on left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak a big blow for Bangladesh, ahead of the home series against Sri Lanka in December-January.

"It is certainly a big loss for Bangladesh in both versions of the game as the team has been going through a transitional period since the players' exodus to the Indian cricket league," Alam told bdnews24.com.

The 26-year old spinner has been suspended from international cricket for illegal bowling action and will remain out of cricket until he is corrected.

"He (Razzak) was a very important player on the side, especially on home ground," said Alam and added, "We are hopeful about finding a solution to this current crisis soon."

Razzak has taken seven wickets in five test matches and claimed 110 victims in 79 one-day internationals.

The Bangladesh cricket team is scheduled to return home on Tuesday evening from South Africa, where they lost both the one-day internationals and the Tests series.

Coach Jamie Siddons is not coming with the team as he had already left South Africa for Australia.
Old December 3, 2008, 01:10 AM
Cricket Guru

Now who is going to come as first change bowler and take wicket, break partnership, keep the opposition's run rate down?

Last edited by auntu; December 3, 2008 at 02:19 AM..
Old December 3, 2008, 01:22 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Now who is going to come as first change bowel and take wicket, break partnership, keep the opposition's run rate down?
a sanitation worker?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old December 3, 2008, 02:19 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopal Bhar
a sanitation worker?
uff typo man...
Old December 3, 2008, 06:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Razzak's career is over.
Old December 3, 2008, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Razzak's career is over.
razzak sed he shud be back b4 the tri series... since wen did u knw more than the bowler himself?
Old December 3, 2008, 01:43 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib & Rubel

i hope he come back soon
Old December 3, 2008, 05:36 PM
Cricket Guru

IMO, Razzak should not be rushed back in the national team unless he and his coach (whoever it is) are 100% sure that his action has been corrected. If I understand it correctly, ICC won't be lenient if he is caught chucking again.

I find it moronic that BCB has decided against letting him play in domestic leagues. If Razzak has to bend his elbow 22-28 degrees to throw an armball, he needs a major change in his action, and he needs a good number of domestic league matches to practice bowling with his new action before he comes back to the national team.
Old December 4, 2008, 05:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagor786
razzak sed he shud be back b4 the tri series... since wen did u knw more than the bowler himself?
I hope he does..lets see..but it would be tough..he bends his arm way more than 15degree...i wonder how he will reduce it to 15degree...so i dont see any hope
Old December 4, 2008, 04:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash, Nasir

hope and pray Razzak comes back with a bangggggggg