facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 14, 2017, 12:13 AM
Cricket Savant

Default Five Best Memories from 100: A personal reflection

Five Best Memories from 100: A personal reflection

Zeeshan Mahmud

If I were held a Czechoslovakian pre-war pump action against my head, I'd have to brainstorm what comes to my mind as memories for which I stayed awake, alive...and sometimes not they'd be:

...stay awake all night, California, biryani box, microwave, self-realization, transcendence, vigil, sleep deprivation, plate-spinning, Abul, 100, Reggie Duff, 'Shakib leaves NZ in tatters', team overpowering us, Gillespie double, drugs, meditation, hallucination, dream, nightmare, tandra, triumph, frustration, indriyo, awakening, Awakening, Taijul, Jubair, writing for Tigers, Mushfiqur, Ash breakdown, Ash entry, frenzy, God, flow, waste time, intentionally not watch it, groggy...

Well, in order to not get carried away, here is a some structure:

1. Abul 100

So as the legend in Bangalcricket.com goes, a man opened up another haranguing thread called 'What's on your mind?' that was bound to get user Auntu's red arrows, when it did a treble spin after he went to bed. He woke up to find it explode because Abul Hassan of Bangladesh went on to a hundred run onslaught as a late man cameo to save God knows what face-palm worthy moment.

As of yet, it has near '1billion views and 6000 replies as well as 2000 scroll of pages' to steal Trumpseak.

2. As the scullion spoke...

Probably the only time in the history of BC, the word 'scullery' graced the forum. In times of vintage moment, whereby a chela delegated to a ka'ajer chele's status predicted how in near future some unknown joggonath would pry to doors of heavenly realm and like honeysuckle's siphon-proboscis would mainline in mana from unknown universe...

... Gayle hit a goddamn frikkin six on first ball is what I am saying.

3. Sri Lanka steamroll

My late night binge, getting creepy encounters at Paltalk or Caltalk or whatever as well as connecting an electronic n'oose/news and hear commentary facing the other way in a nebulous dorphin-meandering yin-and-yang portraiture of my Graceful Mother, with lights ashened, Ash lighting up a toke in near unknown gully in Greenroad, and sun set - aptly put in her place- while plague of crickets chirping as the somber meditative game unfold.

Of course, the tentative match would tentatively yield to gritty attrition and gut-wrenching boredom whereby Sanga-Jaya or Dilshan-X or X-Y or every permutation of taxic focal pointmen, the fact is either, or whether, lurking in BC Chat or Match Threads or plate-spinning between match threads and chat and Paltalk or hunt for live streams or spinning biryani plates after eating in dishwasher, we'd stay awake only to find that the team has toiled away at California night to bat us out the game or bat us out of the game.

4. The double

Focal point of the game came when Mushfiqur made his 200, the first of his countryman to do so.

5. Peak moment of transcendence

I literally had a sensory or---- the day Bangladesh lost to New Zealand in first test. I went for a bus ride doing mantra- meditation and then after I came back it hit me. Stronger than psilocybin. Bangladesh is in full-fledged driving seat. Of course, they would blew the 2nd innings worser than Greg, but it was all goose-bumps when NZ commies where all in praises as we overheard via loudspeakers of their microphone how every five seconds Bangladesh would make records. And I even wrote in match thread: "Ki bhai, paach minute por por to dekhi record bhange'.

The fact of the matter is - if there is any wisdom to glean from this mayhem and madness- this/ese losses would be of microscopic proportion in this macrocosm. But, the fact of the matter is what indeed is INDESTRUCTIBLE were those feelings that we got when, and yes nearing 100, peaking to fireworks of Shakib setting the highest score for Bangladesh and team shattering records after records!

Disclaimer: Due to fact that I was a poor initiate my mind was not enshrined with memories adorning the outburst of Aminul Islam's innings rivaling Charles Bannerman, UberGod of Cricket himself.

Old March 14, 2017, 12:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

O bhai, England er sathey match jitlam, oida kothai?
Old March 14, 2017, 12:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
O bhai, England er sathey match jitlam, oida kothai?
oitar kotha money chilo...jodio ghumay chilam... jaihok tumi matro pacchta shongroho korte parba...bolo tahole...

jai hok...i do think that win in england segued and culminated to the fireworks from that Cricinfo link
Old March 14, 2017, 02:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

When Rafique called the batsman in, when he could've run him out. One of the greatest examples of sportsmanship.
Old March 14, 2017, 10:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

1. 54.4 Roach to Shakib Al Hasan, SIX, he seals it with a six! The captain leads the way, he leans forward to a full delivery and carts him over long-on, the ball was in the air for a long time but well clear of any white shirt, it was headed one way and Shakib seals the 2-0 win in the most emphatic manner. Shakib remained 96 notout in that match. (2013)

History will show, we had won a series @ WI before any of our sub-continent brothers could achieve it.

2. 70.1 Shakib Al Hasan to Best, OUT, he's given him! Bangladesh have won, Mashrafe and co. charge onto the ground to celebrate only their second Test win. Tried to swing a full toss and was struck on the pads, was there an inside edge? The umpire's finger went up just as they appealed for an lbw, was out if he had missed it but we need replays to confirm. It doesn't matter, they have won.
TL Best lbw b Shakib Al Hasan 9 (12m 12b 2x4 0x6) SR: 75.00

You must understand the significance of this match. Away test against WI. Yes, WI fielded a second string team but they were at home and most importantly with Mash's injury, we played with 10 men and no captian. 10 vs 11 is never an easy fight. K Roach was prime at that time. (2013)

3. Miraz test:
45.3 Mehedi Hasan Miraz to Finn, OUT, it's all over! Finn flicks across the line, gets taken on the back leg and Dharmasena raises the finger for one last time in this series. He was going to ask for a review, but England have none left. Mehedi finishes with 12 in the match, what a performance
ST Finn lbw b Mehedi Hasan Miraz 0 (9m 8b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

10 wickets in one session for BD with Miraz getting six of them and ending up with 12 wickets for the match. Winnings against Eng by 100+ runs; Dreaming? Nope!!!

4. 2004 @ St Lucia
Khaled Mashud's second innings 103* of 281 balls. Special mention of Habibul Bashar's 113 (131), and Mo Rafique's 111 (152) in the first innings; Rajin's 51 (101), Mo Rafique's 29 (70) and Tapash Baisya 26 (75).

If you question my first 2 selection of the post then you have no question on this one. We earned this one. DR Smith, Gayle, Sarwan, Lara (captain), Chandurpaul everyone witnessed our grit and determination.

5. Aminul Islam's 100 in the first test against Ind at Dhaka. Can't get any better than this for a 1st time playing test cricket.
Old March 14, 2017, 11:38 AM
Cricket Savant

My sixth favorite moment was when Shane Warne left the Fatullah field citing FAKE shoulder injury after getting tonked for 20 overs 1 maiden 112 runs and ZERO wickets. If you have shoulder injury and walk off the field, how can come back and bowl the next day?

He was the one who was screaming (I have never seen class player trashing others in order to boast themselves) of Murali's BD and Zimbabwe wicket haul.

He was the one who also said there is nothing to do in Bangladesh right before the tour started. He needs women and drink to be entertained while being married. What a loser with no morals.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; March 14, 2017 at 01:31 PM..
Old March 14, 2017, 12:03 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

When Aminul Islam scored that inaugural 100

When Abdul scored a 100

When Rafique scored a 100

When Ashraful scored 100 on debut

Bangladesh's win against England
Old March 14, 2017, 12:30 PM
Street Cricketer

1)ashraful's 100 vs vaas,murali
2)first test win aganist zim
3)shariar nafees's 100 vs mighty aus
4)tamim's back to back tons vs board and co
5)tamim and kayes partnership vs pak
Old March 14, 2017, 12:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

There's are a few memories that are deeply embedded in my head, it's hard to get it out.

Pedro Collins versus Hannan Sarkar.
Old March 14, 2017, 01:29 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
There's are a few memories that are deeply embedded in my head, it's hard to get it out.

Pedro Collins versus Hannan Sarkar.

Was it three times or more?

We can all laugh about it now.
Old March 14, 2017, 02:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye

Was it three times or more?

We can all laugh about it now.
Three times he has taken the wicket of Hannan Sarkar off the first ball of a test match. A record in test cricket.
Old March 14, 2017, 05:48 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

1. First test day 1 ... Nov 10 2000 ... I was there in the International Gallery @BNS!

2. Dhaka Test Win vs England - 2016! Felt sooo good!

3. Draw test at St. Lucia in 2004 vs full strength WI ( including Lara)

4. 1st ever test win vs Zimbos back in 2005

5. BD vs Australia ( full strength) - 1st test Fatullah 2006 - Day 1 & 2
BD - 427 all out, Aus- 145/6 - 1st innings.
Old March 14, 2017, 06:02 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Few Pictures from inaugural test

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/gall...ট#main-area
Old March 15, 2017, 11:15 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Published

Quote:

Five Best Memories from 100: A personal reflection

What would you pick as your five best memories on the momentous 100th Test match for Bangladesh? Zeeshan takes back to his best five that included from pulling countless all nighters in California to seeing Bangladesh get smashed by Sri Lankan heavyweights, from his biryani sessions, meditation, opening a timeless thread...and finally the moment that led to a self-described transcendence.

Read article »

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 15, 2017, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

No a best memory but one of the memories never will forget even if I try ...

Multan...
Old March 27, 2017, 07:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Pilot

Did this seriously get published as a front page article ????

RIP BC forum quality.