facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2019, 08:04 AM
Banned

Default Will Bangladesh Go Into Semi Finals Of World Cup 2019 Even? What's Your Prediction

Hey guys, let's discuss the Bangladesh team' winning chances for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.

Bangladesh is the weakest team in this event, but they are also unpredictable. What do you say even if they reach to Semi Final or not.

According to Cricket World Cup prediction 2019, Bangladesh is not expected to acquire the place.

Last edited by ahnaf; March 21, 2019 at 10:08 AM.. Reason: url removed

Old March 21, 2019, 08:08 AM
Banned

Gazi TV Live Will Telecast the entire World Cup event in Bangladesh

Yuppyyy.

Last edited by ahnaf; March 21, 2019 at 10:09 AM..
Old March 21, 2019, 10:19 AM
Cricket Legend

Weakest Team at the event? This ain't 2003 anymore, we are talking about a team which reached semi finals from one of the toughest groups in a top 8 ODI tournament in 2017 and the Asia cup finalists for last two editions plus Quarterfinals in last world cup. I will be disappointed if we don't beat Pakistan and the teams below them
Old March 21, 2019, 12:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Bangladesh are certainly not the weakest. SL's only hopes of a point is through a wash out. They are absolutely hopeless and constant infighting. Fully expect them to be bottom.

Bangladesh I think will struggle at times but I'd expect them to win twice at least. Think in these conditions Bangladesh are a competent batting team and a competent bowlin team, issue is the consistency. Too often have the batsmen lost the game in the first innings, and too often have the bowlers conceded way too many to chase.

I expect BD to thrash SL, its 50/50 vs Afghanistan and then I expect them to beat WI and maybe NZ on a good day.

If Afghanistan are given good odds (which they will) I'm definitely going to place a bet on them for a semi final. Might sound crazy and its a long shot but they go into their games vs SL and WI as firm favourites given their head to head records. Their game vs Bangladesh will be tight and with 1 washout and 1 upset vs an established side they can certainly do it.

But this WC is a sham so I couldnt care less. Wont be watching any of it bar maybe an occasional over and some highlight reels if its worth it. Hope every game is hit by a thunderstorm.
Old March 21, 2019, 03:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Forum's 1st two posts have to be edited by a Mod; Meaning not reading the forum rules. Bright future ahead.

Welcome to BC, Khakan Abbas. Enjoy your stay. You Mushi fan? (Please say "yes")
Old March 21, 2019, 04:11 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C

But this WC is a sham so I couldnt care less.
Truth in plain sight. Nothing to see here. Ignore.
Old March 22, 2019, 11:38 AM
Cricket Legend

What op is trying to suggest is that we will burn and crash - possibilities are extremely high if the seniors don't perform. However, I don't think we are the weakest team at all.

If you ask me, this WC, every single team has visible weakness aside from England. Take India for example, take the top 3 out fast and you have a very high chance of winning. Take Pakistan for an example aswell, top order bats around 80ish SR. If you're able to choke them for runs, you have a great shot vs them aswell.
Old March 22, 2019, 01:13 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla
What op is trying to suggest is that we will burn and crash - possibilities are extremely high if the seniors don't perform. However, I don't think we are the weakest team at all.

If you ask me, this WC, every single team has visible weakness aside from England. Take India for example, take the top 3 out fast and you have a very high chance of winning. Take Pakistan for an example aswell, top order bats around 80ish SR. If you're able to choke them for runs, you have a great shot vs them aswell.
I think winning the match depends on number of match winners in team, I think right now Australia, South Africa, England and india have the most consistent match winners and will be likely in semis. Regarding India they recently defeated Australia in Aus (though without warner and smith who are back, defeated NZ in NZ, were winning 2-0 against Aus at home but lost the series 3-2 though Ind rested all main players and experimented. I still feel England is a different environment so a Aussie-eng final or eng-SA final owing solely to Tahir.
Old March 22, 2019, 01:23 PM
Club Cricketer

Sorry to say but Asian teams and WI are just not consistent and crack under pressure though the latter can also be said abt SA.
Old March 23, 2019, 12:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desh99
Sorry to say but Asian teams and WI are just not consistent and crack under pressure though the latter can also be said abt SA.
Really now? Tell me more about which two teams played in the 2011 WC final? Must have been England and Australia ... Last two t20 WC champs? Don't see anyone's name beside WI and SL. How about the most recent CT? Where did you come up with such conclusion good sir?
Old March 23, 2019, 01:23 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I think winning the match depends on number of match winners in team, I think right now Australia, South Africa, England and india have the most consistent match winners and will be likely in semis. Regarding India they recently defeated Australia in Aus (though without warner and smith who are back, defeated NZ in NZ, were winning 2-0 against Aus at home but lost the series 3-2 though Ind rested all main players and experimented. I still feel England is a different environment so a Aussie-eng final or eng-SA final owing solely to Tahir.
Don't expect much from South Africa, they have been playing at home mostly last few series so they haven't been exposed yet. This team is nowhere close to the SA team of the past , the batting is inexperienced and fragile lower down the order. Amla is over the hill and close to retirement and they will rely heavily on few players like De Kock, Du Plessis and Miller to make the big score. The bowling is dependent on Rabada and the other guy Ngidi is still new to international cricket although showing good promise. Steyn and Tahir much like Amla are also getting old and not the same as before in ODIs .

And btw Australia were missing way many more players than India last series including Warner , Smith , Starc, Hazlewood. They will be a dangerous force in the World Cup for sure.
Old March 23, 2019, 07:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sanga,Mash,Shakib,Fizz

Bangladesh will make it to the semis. Bank on it!
Old March 23, 2019, 07:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Khakan Abbas. Koi gela bhai?
Old March 23, 2019, 09:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Afg has a good chance, whereas us - I very much doubt it.
Old March 23, 2019, 09:33 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Don't expect much from South Africa, they have been playing at home mostly last few series so they haven't been exposed yet. This team is nowhere close to the SA team of the past , the batting is inexperienced and fragile lower down the order. Amla is over the hill and close to retirement and they will rely heavily on few players like De Kock, Du Plessis and Miller to make the big score. The bowling is dependent on Rabada and the other guy Ngidi is still new to international cricket although showing good promise. Steyn and Tahir much like Amla are also getting old and not the same as before in ODIs .

And btw Australia were missing way many more players than India last series including Warner , Smith , Starc, Hazlewood. They will be a dangerous force in the World Cup for sure.
They just defeated the test side with hazelwood and starc, and t.Cummins no.1 in current test ranking and 7 in one day ranking was playing also boult with no 2 ranking was playing in NZ.
Old March 23, 2019, 09:50 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Really now? Tell me more about which two teams played in the 2011 WC final? Must have been England and Australia ... Last two t20 WC champs? Don't see anyone's name beside WI and SL. How about the most recent CT? Where did you come up with such conclusion good sir?
Well sorry to not be specific, other than india see the icc odi rankings of the all the Asian and wi teams, other than Pakistan which is on its way down especially after the coming series of Australia and england sits at 102 point wi, sl, bg, are way behind, you only prove my point that they did well in tournaments, but inconsistent since last two years, results are there to show, and looking at these results and player composition I think they might not reach semifinal as the tournament is a round robin which requires consistency.
Old March 23, 2019, 12:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Well sorry to not be specific, other than india see the icc odi rankings of the all the Asian and wi teams, other than Pakistan which is on its way down especially after the coming series of Australia and england sits at 102 point wi, sl, bg, are way behind, you only prove my point that they did well in tournaments, but inconsistent since last two years, results are there to show, and looking at these results and player composition I think they might not reach semifinal as the tournament is a round robin which requires consistency.
If anything is inconsistent it's your pov. Oh forget about bilateral series or your point table. It's the trophy in the closet that matters at the end of the day. If point table was the decider for number one team, we wouldn't need a WC. What was Pakistan's rank when they won CT? Number 8 or 7 I believe? Who was ranked number one then? Didn't see that team win. Your logic of Asian team crumbles under pressure is incorrect. BD team definitely crumbles under pressure, even starts to jump up and down and looses a match from a winning position but that's not mean the same for other Asian counterparts
Old March 23, 2019, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
Afg has a good chance, whereas us - I very much doubt it.
I'll be happy with a win v Pakistan, even of we loose all other matches!
Old March 23, 2019, 01:32 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
If anything is inconsistent it's your pov. Oh forget about bilateral series or your point table. It's the trophy in the closet that matters at the end of the day. If point table was the decider for number one team, we wouldn't need a WC. What was Pakistan's rank when they won CT? Number 8 or 7 I believe? Who was ranked number one then? Didn't see that team win. Your logic of Asian team crumbles under pressure is incorrect. BD team definitely crumbles under pressure, even starts to jump up and down and looses a match from a winning position but that's not mean the same for other Asian counterparts
Who is the winner of most world cups or final/semifinal finishes, Australia consistently no.1. or nearby, your argument is around pak won ct.
Old March 23, 2019, 01:48 PM
Test Cricketer

I am expecting Bangladesh to win one or two matches out of 9 matches, knowing how inconsistent we are.

Afghanistan on the other hand, may reach semi final with some luck. But I expect Afghanistan to be the 2nd best Asian team in this World Cup.
Old March 23, 2019, 07:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Who is the winner of most world cups or final/semifinal finishes, Australia consistently no.1. or nearby, your argument is around pak won ct.
So you went from current 2 years to 10-20+ years. Do you even know what your pov is at this point anymore? You're the one who brought up the 2 years, now you want to push it back 10-20 more years. Bro ... Get your arguments together
Old March 24, 2019, 12:21 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
So you went from current 2 years to 10-20+ years. Do you even know what your pov is at this point anymore? You're the one who brought up the 2 years, now you want to push it back 10-20 more years. Bro ... Get your arguments together
I guess the results will highlight my hypothesis!
Old March 24, 2019, 01:09 AM
Cricket Legend

My troll alert went ON as soon as I saw BD labeled as the weakest team.

Looking at his name spelling, I assume the thread opener is a Pakistani (note their previous PM was Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, they spell Khokon as Khakan).

Is BD the weakest team in the tournament? The answer is a resounding NO.

Will we play the semis? Very unlikely

Our 2015 WC outing was a success because

- Tamim, Mushfiq, Mahmudullah, Shakib, Soumya performed with the bat
- Mortaza, Taskin, Rubel were superb with the ball
- Overall everyone clicked and the team performed as a team
- We had to beat AFG and Scotland and one big team to play in the QF, which we did, and the equation was easy. Plus ENG was in bad shape coming from a series loss and captain change

2019 is different because

-AFG is not the same AFG of 2015. They are more mature, hungry, and confident
- Lately we have not been playing as a team. We have won games but more often than not, we had to do firefighting.
- Top and middle order includes walking wickets. Soumya, Liton, Mithun are hit or miss
- Shabbir has played well in NZ but who knows how he will perform in ENG
- Selectors made a mistake by not playing Imrul, Shadman, and Yasir in recent ODIs
- Not convinced about all rounder Saifuddin

Overall our weaknesses are: Unsettled opening pair, no solid no 3., no solid no 7, somewhat shaky middle order, and inability to score consistently above 280.

To play in semis, we have no option but beat PAK, WI, SL, and AFG. Can we do so? I am cautiously optimistic, if we can play as a team, and we have history of playing good cricket in ENG. Lets see
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself- AJH| Don’t disrespect your life by living aimlessly – set goals and work hard to attain them.
Old March 24, 2019, 01:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
I am expecting Bangladesh to win one or two matches out of 9 matches, knowing how inconsistent we are.

Afghanistan on the other hand, may reach semi final with some luck. But I expect Afghanistan to be the 2nd best Asian team in this World Cup.
The same Afghanistan that just drew a series with Ireland 2-2 in India with all their spinners and barely made the world cup as Zimbabwe messed up against UAE otherwise they were out. This aging Irish team will get smashed 5-0 if they come to BD, they should have beaten them 4-0 in India.

The pitches in England will not be like UAE or India and this is not T20s, we love to overrate this team. They will at best cause some upsets in one or two matches.
Old March 24, 2019, 07:17 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

There is no way that Bd will even qualify for seminal. Team management is a farce selecting Liton and Soumya despite failing over and over again. Be can't beat Nz in their own den how would they play well in England unless they qualify by luck.