facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 12, 2014, 07:43 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by naim519
Put this Taijul guy against India tour of BD
The Indians will chew him and spit it out.

Old May 13, 2014, 01:03 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

All the hype surrounding this kid from those who haven't actually seen him play these so called "FC" matches is typical of the EA Cricketification of reality by some fans and journos alike. Idiotic statistical geekfesting without context as usual. Sad, really. Can't blame the fans, especially in the NRB community, but there's absolutely no excuse for our so called journos for not providing any context surrounding the stats. Because they rarely attend these matches and whenever they do, they rarely focus on the game and don't stay too long, there is no context. A real match-report isn't just a narrative of the statistics, but also just how those runs were scored, and how those balls were bowled. Not to mention highlight shots and wickets and interesting anecdotes. That would be hard work. That would be real cricket journalism worthy of real respect. Not putting together a well-written piece for adoring "fans" who don't know the difference, or don't care.

Taijul is nothing special from what I've seen. Can't rip or turn the ball at all. He can be rattled easily into bowling consecutive boundary balls by even some of the laziest guys to hold the bat in our farcical league. Didn't see anything even remotely resembling a quality arm ball or clever variations in light of the match situation. He relies of bad shots to get his wickets and gets plenty of both. He also bowls loose deliveries regularly as is his right as a Bangladeshi SLA in the tradition of Nostrilamous Rex and other lazy, underachieving, and emotionally fragile Hudmahs incapable of being professionals. His relative success in our appalling "FC" should make us ask the question why supposedly better SLAs are not doing as well, NOT why he hasn't been selected for International cricket where he'll face real opposition under intense pressure.

That said, I wish him all the best if he makes it to the National Team and would love to see him improve and prove me wrong. Just don't be disappointed to be disappointed again. Context matters and big numbers from our atrocious "FC" not that much.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)

Last edited by Sohel; May 13, 2014 at 02:45 AM..
Old May 13, 2014, 09:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
All the hype surrounding this kid from those who haven't actually seen him play these so called "FC" matches is typical of the EA Cricketification of reality by some fans and journos alike. Idiotic statistical geekfesting without context as usual. Sad, really. Can't blame the fans, especially in the NRB community, but there's absolutely no excuse for our so called journos for not providing any context surrounding the stats. Because they rarely attend these matches and whenever they do, they rarely focus on the game and don't stay too long, there is no context. A real match-report isn't just a narrative of the statistics, but also just how those runs were scored, and how those balls were bowled. Not to mention highlight shots and wickets and interesting anecdotes. That would be hard work. That would be real cricket journalism worthy of real respect. Not putting together a well-written piece for adoring "fans" who don't know the difference, or don't care.

Taijul is nothing special from what I've seen. Can't rip or turn the ball at all. He can be rattled easily into bowling consecutive boundary balls by even some of the laziest guys to hold the bat in our farcical league. Didn't see anything even remotely resembling a quality arm ball or clever variations in light of the match situation. He relies of bad shots to get his wickets and gets plenty of both. He also bowls loose deliveries regularly as is his right as a Bangladeshi SLA in the tradition of Nostrilamous Rex and other lazy, underachieving, and emotionally fragile Hudmahs incapable of being professionals. His relative success in our appalling "FC" should make us ask the question why supposedly better SLAs are not doing as well, NOT why he hasn't been selected for International cricket where he'll face real opposition under intense pressure.

That said, I wish him all the best if he makes it to the National Team and would love to see him improve and prove me wrong. Just don't be disappointed to be disappointed again. Context matters and big numbers from our atrocious "FC" not that much.
Wonderful post and this is the ultimate truth. Taijul's real test will be A team tours, even though WI A team may not be as strong against spin bowling as many other nations. We all know that our batsman have no patience and just wicket-to-wicket bowling can get you wickets in our FC matches.
Old May 13, 2014, 09:22 PM
Cricket Savant

I thought Ultimate Truth was the Brahman.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old May 14, 2014, 01:35 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
The Indians will chew him and spit it out.

valo to..valo na?

at least we'll get to say that indians couldn't eat taijul alive!
Old May 14, 2014, 09:27 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Selectors are doing the right job in rewarding the top performers. They need to continue the trend whilst keeping in mind the ones who also proved in the past ( Elias Sunny, Shohag Gazi, Arafat etc.) Him going with the A team will also give him some good exposure in a spin friendly place in WI. We don't know how he will return.

I remember when Siddons mentioned that Shakib is his spin bowler- many of the fans ( including myself) laughed and said at most he can bowl occasionally but not really a bowler but after his perseverance and hard work, Shakib became a top bowler for the country despite his limited skills as a purist. Who knows maybe Taijul can become a better bowler with more exposure/national team assistance.
Old May 14, 2014, 09:47 AM
Cricket Sage

We need to reward a good performer even he ends up failing in the next level than continue to reward a non-performer with the excuse that we don't have an alternative.

Its not a matter of joke to or somthing we should ingore when a player consistently performs in local league. this guy just got 8 wickets in one innings against some of the top local players. may be he is nothing extra ordinary, but still we need to reward these type of consistent performers. And selecting him in team a is a good step of ackknowledging his performance in local league.

Now if he really get some good performance out of these team-A games, then I would say why not consider him to the next level when Razzak is fading and Gazi is struggling.
Old May 14, 2014, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
We need to reward a good performer even he ends up failing in the next level than continue to reward a non-performer with the excuse that we don't have an alternative.

Its not a matter of joke to or somthing we should ingore when a player consistently performs in local league. this guy just got 8 wickets in one innings against some of the top local players. may be he is nothing extra ordinary, but still we need to reward these type of consistent performers. And selecting him in team a is a good step of ackknowledging his performance in local league.

Now if he really get some good performance out of these team-A games, then I would say why not consider him to the next level when Razzak is fading and Gazi is struggling.

As you have said, if a player does get results with consistency, he is good. Taijul might not yet ready for international debut, but he surely showing signs to shine INHO.

Fazal bhai, how come you are different than so called "self-declared pundit"? Just wondering!
Old May 15, 2014, 10:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush

Fazal bhai, how come you are different than so called "self-declared pundit"? Just wondering!
May be because I like to play the other role i.e. representing the other point of view (to make the discussion more complete).
Old May 15, 2014, 11:46 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Consistency on the domestic circuit does need to be rewarded, how else do you get the message across that its a mandatory aspect of selection?

Failure at the international level needs to be taken into account also though, I.e. selectors can't keep selecting international failures even if domestic mr consistents as its sending the wrong message in that players will remain in the national team purely on the basis of domestic performance.
Old May 16, 2014, 01:19 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Well Farhad Reza is also very consistent.. should we continue to reward him?
Old May 16, 2014, 02:50 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Well Farhad Reza is also very consistent.. should we continue to reward him?
no because he's failed at the international level at a good number of matches. he's also 27 now beginning to be in his prime as a player (especially being a pace bowler 27 is smack bang in the middle of his physical prime).

so as i said it's not just a matter of rewarding all consistent domestic performers, domestic consistency is one criteria, there are many other things to consider. such as talent ceiling, age, attitude, ability to be coached, A team performances, performances in domestic tournaments in other countries (for example county cricket). there are many things that should be considered but consistency is a massive issue in BD cricket, not just international but domestically as well so the selectors need to push the issue that consistency is an important criteria to being selected.
Old May 18, 2014, 09:18 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I think we are too harsh on Enamul. He has an economy of 4.39 in ODI, albeit in only 10 matches. I don't think he was really given an opportunity. Now that he is 27, his time has passed.
Old May 18, 2014, 09:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
I think we are too harsh on Enamul. He has an economy of 4.39 in ODI, albeit in only 10 matches. I don't think he was really given an opportunity. Now that he is 27, his time has passed.
I would seriously disagree with you that 27 is near the end of a spin bowler's career. I still think Enamul has about 5-6 years ahead of him if he can prove his ability and come back to the national team. Even Farhad Reza is not that old, but the problem is he couldn't really shine in top level cricket yet.
Old May 18, 2014, 10:33 PM
Cricket Guru

27 isn't to old but the problem is he hasn't really impressed in international cricket, we've hot the sunny's and a couple of others who also deserve chances.
Old May 19, 2014, 01:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Enamul hasn't grabbed his opportunities.. Yes the track in Zimbabwe wasn't for spinners but he simply couldn't even keep up some pressure and land them consistently.. Typical domestic wicket taker. Spinner Verizon of reja. Statistics hero. Might as well give the cchance to Taijul instead. Arafat isn't too bad for short formats either.
Old May 19, 2014, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

arafat does look good for short formats, wouldn't mind seeing elias get some chances across the board, but at the same time might as well try taijul if he can keep it tight that's at least something, plus he's young and hopefully can learn.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Spinners are like wine. Over time, the good one get better. And ussually they can bowl effectively pretty older age (compared to FBs).

In BD context, you can pick Rafiq, Sakib, Goala as examples. Razzak could have been the other one. But I guess after he was forced to change his bowling action, everything is screwed up. Also 27+ is nothing for a spinner age wise.
Old June 1, 2014, 02:06 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla

hope Taijul and Taskin get picked. Al Amin, and double T's along with Shakib should make a good bowling attack I think. Drop these dead weights like Razzak, and Gazi. Mash is too broken at this stage. Probably will fall apart even before the ODI starts.
Old October 27, 2014, 09:23 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don
Default The Taijul Islam Thread

It is unbelievable that Taijul does not have his "The" thread! Let me rectify it without delay!
Old October 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
Cricket Sage

Its still unbelievable that nobody yet responded yet in this thread.
Old October 27, 2014, 11:23 AM
Cricket Guru

We have finally found an SLA who can turn the ball, that too with good control! He is a great addition to our spin attack
Old October 27, 2014, 12:16 PM
Cricket Guru

‘তাইজুলের আগে আরও অনেকেই এমন পারফরম্যান্স দেখিয়েছে। সে তো মাত্র শুরু করেছে। তাই এখনই ওকে (তাইজুলকে) নিয়ে বেশি কিছু লিখবেন না, যাতে ও নিজেকে বড় কিছু না ভাবে। শুরুর আগেই বড় কিছু ভাবলে ওর ক্যারিয়ারের জন্য ক্ষতি হতে পারে। আমি জাতীয় দলের অধিনায়ক হিসেবে আপনাদের কাছে (সাংবাদিকদের) অনুরোধ জানাচ্ছি।’- মুশফিক
Old October 27, 2014, 12:44 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Taskin, Rubel, Abul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
We have finally found an SLA who can turn the ball, that too with good control! He is a great addition to our spin attack
In the BPL 2 thread I did highlight Taijul and Naeem Islam Jnr as the finds of the tournament and quality spinners. Glad to see my such optimism thoroughly vindicated, at least, in this Test. Taijul is quality. He needs to be looked after, guided and managed properly.

I read it here someone opined that Taijul is your everyday run-of-the-mill Bangladeshi SLA who, apparently, can't turn the ball.
Old October 27, 2014, 01:28 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Hope he doesn't take it too easy like Gazi did after his debut Series. He can have a long long career in sha allah if he motivate himself to be the best in the country and one of the best in the world!!!