facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 19, 2011, 10:39 PM
Club Cricketer

Default So whats the experience/restrictions of first match?

Those who are lucky to be in the stadium plz share your experience.tell us how long it took to get into the stadium,were they allowing camera,smart/cameraphone,banners,flags etc,what was the food price,what was the toilet condition ?and many more.it will be helpful for us willing to go to the stadium in the next matches.

Old February 20, 2011, 12:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

US TSA is nothing compared to what happened here... especially to women.

A bunch of uneducated idiots are gonna be searching the women. They were gonna throw away my sister's inhaler because they didn't know what it was for! They were even gonna throw away some woman's house keys because they were "metal" ... wtf?? Complete disregard for respecting people's privacy or rights... just picking stuff out of the bag and throwing them away. If you take women with you, DO NOT let them carry anything unless they absolutely need it. They want to throw away everything!

International Hospitality tickets are a complete waste of money. You get the same horrible seats as anywhere else in the stadium, with dirt on them. The only advantages i could see were: 1) viewing angle (but south gallery would be same) 2) toilets limited to that gallery, so no long queues. The included food was pointless, because you'd have to miss 10+ overs of the match waiting in line for the food. Good thing we just bought food as soon as we got there to eat later - DO THIS! The food is obviously gonna be costly... 2x chicken biryani, 2x fried rice, 4x burger = Tk 1400

The main problem is water / drinks - they won't let you bring in bottles, at least at the beginning. So every time you want a drink, you have to go all the way down to the food court to get just a cup of water. But then, they ran out of cups and they had to let bottles in. But then there was this ridiculous restriction that you can't take the bottle caps with you (I suppose they can be great projectile weapons), so people were just hiding the caps in their pockets.

Flags/banners - no problem. Cameras - small digital cameras are actually fine. They didn't want people bringing in big professional ones, but I still saw lots of those as well.

Toilet conditions were much better than I expected - but I was using the restricted Intl Hospitality ones, so not sure if it applies to the rest of the stadium.
Old February 20, 2011, 07:25 AM
First Class Cricketer

My experience wasn't too bad, neither was it too good....firstly, I don't surly remember which channel...they said that the spectators were not allowed to bring cell phones with camera, video camera, digital cameras etc....since my father's cell phon had a camera we had to leave it home, but when I reached the stadium I saw almost everyone with a camera....so the conclusion is that I returned home as the witness of such an event with no pictures to remind me of it!!!

Secondly, the washroom....there was a long queue in front of the boy's washroom, almost all of those were chain smokers! Thirs issue, food. Extremely expensive! I just bought a plate of fried rice witha small piece of chicken, and I had to pay 500 taka! one cup of coffee 50 taka! All non-sense. Sometimes my father went to get the food and sometimes I. But you had to stand in the queue to get the food and drinks. You ask for drinks and they tell you that it's upstairs, I go upstairs and they tell me it's downstairs! Then again I had to shout my life out to get a cup of water...the cups were there, the water was there, but the salesman said NO WATER LEFT!!!

And lastly, the experience of seeing my team lose.....but Inshallah, better luck next time!
Old February 20, 2011, 07:45 AM
Club Cricketer

It seems we will have to collect water and food at first.
Old February 20, 2011, 09:16 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purna
when I reached the stadium I saw almost everyone with a camera....so the conclusion is that I returned home as the witness of such an event with no pictures to remind me of it!!!
same here.

Hear are some advices/ notes based on my personal experience. Others may add more:

1. You do not need to panic to get into Stadium. No need to come at 7am and stand in a queue. But be there at least 2 hrs to game.

2. You can bring Dg Camera, Mobile but do not bring head phones of mobile / mp3 players. (Dnt ask why..our police dept knows the best).

3. You can take water bottle leaving bottle cork.

4. Do not bring metal things such as metal part of key rings.

5. Once you get into the stadium, First thing is to BUY foods before you sit.

6. Take toilet tissues as much as you can and do not expect toilets to be clean. They get stinky and messy once the game starts.

7. Wear Bangladesh jersey, if not possible wear GREEN and RED. Paint your face, bring Bangladesh Flag

8. Another important issue. If you can not support other teams, at least do not abuse other team players. I was sitting with couple of Indian supporters. They were very nice people, they were shouting for Bangladesh team as well but got total silent once they figured out we, people were abusing Indians like there is no tomorrow. So, support our Team with your lungs out but do not abuse any of the players including ours'.

Hope it helps.
Old February 20, 2011, 11:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

i was sitting at the international hosp. and so was zunaid,the boss.it was ok but why the F WAS THERE NO SHADE OVER MY HEAD?????women,please dont use the toilet unless u are sitting in a box or int'l hosp. gallery and ur bladder is bursting coz there are none for u(alada kore)!the food is expensive.lots of sponsors were giving out free caps,flags,etc.