facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 25, 2007, 11:43 PM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta
Default 9th National Cricket League (2007-2008)

9th National Cricket League- NCL Season Thread: 2007-2008

According to Daily Ittefaq 9th National Cricket League will start on 5th Oct. On 28th Sep Tournament Committee will announce all teams, fixture, venue etc.
All the previous years captain for NCL Six Divisional Team will be remain same this year.

Dhaka
Division Captain- Mohd. Ashraful
Khulna Division Captain- Habibul Bashar
Rajsahi Division Captain- Khaled Masud
Barisal Division Captain- Shahriar Nafees
Chittagang Division Captain - Ehsanul Haq Sejan
Sylhet Division Captain- Rajin Saleh

Bangladesh will tour New Zealand in late December which means our national team players will all play in this year’s competition and will make it more meaningful. An old DS report says:

"It was decided that Tk 10,000 would be provided to each player for playing a four-day match and Tk 5,000 for the limited-over match in the National Cricket League, informed BCB general secretary Mahbub Anam.

All the divisional teams will be provided with coach, physio and trainer and each side will get at least three weeks of preparation time. The facilities would be high standard added the general secretary.

Around Tk 20 lakh would be the total prize money with the champions expected to get half of it."

I’m hoping for a good, competitive NCL this year. By the way, following NCL related threads would be worth revisiting

Last edited by Nocturnal; October 7, 2007 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: added the link for Pre-season review

Old September 26, 2007, 01:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Excellent. Finally BCB recognises the importance of motivation for domestic players. Can't wait for the season to get underway.
Old September 26, 2007, 03:01 AM
Cricket Legend

yay i am so excited,a good chance for our players to gain a bit more runs specially habibul bashar,shahriar nafees,tamim iqbal,nazimuddin,mushfiq and more lol
Old September 26, 2007, 03:07 AM
First Class Cricketer

Cheers nocturnal, especially for the link regarding the improvements proposed for this season's NCL. I was planning to do a search to find that link.

All the divisional teams will be provided with coach, physio and trainer and each side will get at least three weeks of preparation time. The facilities would be high standard added the general secretary.

However I dont see how do the teams get the three weeks preparation time if it's starting on 5th October. Also I was reading an article in some newspaper ( i think it was shamokal ) that said the preparations for the NCL are going vey slowly. I wouldn't be too surprised at that, given the BCB's efficiency ( or lack of it ! ) shown elesewhere.

Also just injecting money can't be enough. The pitches and grounds, often substandard, need to upto the mark and most importantly the level of seriousness and rivalry need to be high enough to prepare cricketers for the tough and competitive standard of intl cricket - afterall, the biggest drawback of the NCL has been that it's been little more than "picnic cricket" to the players.
Old September 26, 2007, 03:14 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_fanatic
However I dont see how do the teams get the three weeks preparation time if it's starting on 5th October. Also I was reading an article in some newspaper ( i think it was shamokal ) that said the preparations for the NCL are going vey slowly. I wouldn't be too surprised at that, given the BCB's efficiency ( or lack of it ! ) shown elesewhere.
Exactly my thought.....only 10 days to go and still no team or fixture, yet to finalize the sponsor...the list will go on......I'm not at all impressed by the new BCB....Lipu bhai used to talk big all the time while he was not in the management...and now his team (read current bcb management) showing allmost same inefficiency
Old September 26, 2007, 04:12 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Exactly my thought.....only 10 days to go and still no team or fixture, yet to finalize the sponsor...the list will go on......I'm not at all impressed by the new BCB....Lipu bhai used to talk big all the time while he was not in the management...and now his team (read current bcb management) showing allmost same inefficiency
I think Mr Lipu has lost a lot of his energy in participating in politically-backed activities like protesting to get back Bangabandhu Staduim for Cricket.....so too tired to do anything constructive now.

Jokes aside, I seriously think other than commodity prices, the only thing in BD that hasn't improved ( in fact, might have plummeted further ) under the caretaker govt is the BCB.

Hoping they arrange a successful NCL, proving me wrong!!!!
Old September 26, 2007, 05:39 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

DHAKA ATW !!!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 26, 2007, 05:52 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

sticky time...

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 26, 2007, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

hey guys,how long will this tournament be for and will it get telecasted and will there be a match in dhaka mirpur sher-e-bangla stadium ?
Old September 26, 2007, 10:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

They should start telecasting these games. Atleast some of the games from Mirpur Stadium. If BTV can telecast our so called popular football games, why not cricket? It will only raise the level of interest and can go a long way toward improving the standard.
Old September 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
If BTV can telecast our so called popular football games, why not cricket?
Well, a football match is only an hour and half long, does not take all day like cricket. I guess not everybody will be happy if BTV starts to show cricket all day long (unless they start a separate sports channel). But, it should not be too much trouble for BTV to show an hour long highlites of matches everyday. Tigercricket can also host match clips in their website. Those moves may not be financially profitable at this point, but for sure will raise the popularity of domestic leagues.
Old September 26, 2007, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
Well, a football match is only an hour and half long, does not take all day like cricket. I guess not everybody will be happy if BTV starts to show cricket all day long (unless they start a separate sports channel). But, it should not be too much trouble for BTV to show an hour long highlites of matches everyday. Tigercricket can also host match clips in their website. Those moves may not be financially profitable at this point, but for sure will raise the popularity of domestic leagues.
Whatever crap they show in tv during the daytime, cricket is way better than that any given day. I do like your idea btw. Highlights can be a start. I would actually prefer a private channel to buy the rights and show it exclusively.
Old September 26, 2007, 04:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

they could always just telecast half the match (the 2nd half), then it won't take all day but the game will still get exposure (they've done it in australia with one-day matches).

Last edited by Gowza; September 26, 2007 at 05:28 PM..
Old September 26, 2007, 08:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Whatever crap they show in tv during the daytime, cricket is way better than that any given day. I do like your idea btw. Highlights can be a start. I would actually prefer a private channel to buy the rights and show it exclusively.
sure thing...but if its "khobor" or worthless political bantering, then people like my dad will start the hoi choi

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 27, 2007, 12:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I hope pitches are good and well prepared this time.......in all the previous NCL, most pitches were very low and slow......i hope this time it will be better n will be played in sporting pitches so that real good players come out successful
Old September 29, 2007, 11:22 PM
Cricket Guru

a prothom-alo report said today that the first round of NCL will be delayed again and it would start after Eid. http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...l.php?mid=OA==

Report:

Old September 29, 2007, 11:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
a prothom-alo report said today that the first round of NCL will be delayed again and it would start after Eid. http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news...l.php?mid=OA==

Report:

Ahh crap! I don't wanna wait that long!
Old September 30, 2007, 02:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib Al Hasan
Exclamation Squad for Dhaka Division has been announced

Squad: Rokon, Uttom Kumar, Nadif, Marshal Aiyyub, Arafat Sunny, Sajjad Kadir(Wkt), Riyad, Mosharrof Hossain Rubel, Sharif, Golla, Ashraful(Capt.), Rafiq, Mehrab jr., Rajib, Anowar Hossain(Wkt), Shamsur Rahman Shuvo, Najmul Hossain Milon, Mahbub Alam Robin, Anowar Hossain Monir & Mohammad Azim

News Source
Old September 30, 2007, 11:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

SYLHET!!!!!
Old September 30, 2007, 11:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

anyways this iss going to be a good season, jus before the nz tour. will make the selection much better if players are picked on from form in the ncl
Old September 30, 2007, 09:40 PM
Cricket Guru

No NCL before Eid
New Age BD

Lack of conviction on the part of the tournament committee of the Bangladesh Cricket has placed the high-budget National Cricket League in danger of becoming a sort of picnic cricket yet again.
The BCB raised the budget of the league as high as Taka 3.75 crore by introducing match fees for players and lucrative prize-money for the teams in a bid to make the league competitive.
It was planned to start the League from October 3, which the BCB later deferred by two days to re-fix the kick-off date on October 5. With only five days to go for the cut-off date, it has now decided to postpone the league until after the Eid holidays. Sources claimed the League is now unlikely to begin before October 19. FULL READ
Old October 1, 2007, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah
anyways this iss going to be a good season, jus before the nz tour. will make the selection much better if players are picked on from form in the ncl
Too much high hopes might become a nightmare as NCL league standard stands far behind than International cricket. However, that's the best we can do - choosing based on NCL performance. But again being too much ambitious may place us far from what we should plan for the future tours. Too many changes (just because some performing well this time in NCL) in the team might be disastrous.
Old October 1, 2007, 02:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsd3
Too many changes (just because some performing well this time in NCL) in the team might be disastrous.
You are right
Old October 1, 2007, 02:42 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

the season should have a locked start date and that start date shouldn't have to be pushed back. i know the conditions have played a part in the push back but really they have to figure something out so this won't happen again (unless in very dire circumstances). if they want the BD team to become a top team this sort of thing just can't happen, got to be more professional and better organised than that.

preparation shouldn't be an issue, if the weather effects the outdoor training area's/playing grounds then all the teams have to do is practice indoor. therefore the only reason for a season to start late should be due to outdoor pitches not being able to be made ready in time due to poor recent weather. and if that's a constant thing that occurs i.e. if the season has to be pushed back nearly every year then they should think about building a stadium with a roof so they can at least get some of the matches in.
Old October 1, 2007, 03:05 AM
Cricket Guru

So far it looks like it's not the weather issue this time:

Quote from the NewAge article:

As the weather has improved significantly in the last few days helping the ground staff to make the stadiums ready, officials of the tournament committee have started whining in different tone.

‘The divisional sides are reluctant to play any match before the Eid-break. We have little choice other than agreeing with them,’ said Hafizur Rahman, the member-secretary of the tournament committee.
People in the cricket fraternity said, the failure of the BCB to start the league anyway before the Eid-break, means they will not be able to complete it by the second week of December.

It means the national players will miss at least the last three or four games, which in effect will ruin the attraction of the top league during its climax period. Nobody will care for the National League once the national team starts the series against New Zealand in December, said the players and organisers.

‘So, what is the point to become so enthusiastic over the league? It is going to remain the same it was in the last eight years,’ said an organiser asking not to be named."