facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 8, 2005, 06:07 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Financial Future of Our Cricketers

When I look at the young cricketers of Bangladesh I wonder how would be their financial future. These young kids are playing cricket at the cost of their educational pursuits. In other words it means that they are sacrificing their productive future as a doctor, engineer or accountant for the betterment of our cricket. Cricket has given us pride as this is the only game where Bangladesh can count themselves among the first ten countries of the world.

What can we do for them? I know some of them will get jobs in Biman and other companies known for patronizing cricketers. But what about rest of them? I was thinking of creating a pension fund for all the players who played for the national side. Where is the money going to come from? To build Jamuna Bridge we imposed levy on interest income before. Why can’t we do the same thing for the cricketers? A half a percent levy is not that big of a deal. This will take care of their future financial needs. Beside we can setup a fund for promoting young cricketers.

It will be the saddest day of our lives if we find Ashraful, Aftab or Mehrab going through financial hardship in the future. They have made us feel high. Least we can do is to take care of them.