facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 17, 2012, 01:19 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
shamim turns you on?
I want to smadar Shamim out of the comm box

Old November 17, 2012, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Watch Shamim live now on Machranga TV talking exceedingly well ever so slightly in a talk show!

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old November 17, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Savant

He has to take his fair share of blame. Who knows may be during break he went to locker room to ushkano the players: Thanda mathay khelo. Tomra Gayle,Sehwag na tumi Tamim. Thekiye khelo aar kharap ball gula dispatch koro. Bas draw hobe."

Ho! Aar oder teamer pliyar ra kharaye kharaye dekhbe, amra tuktuk kore khelle. Hera aar attack korto na.

Gadhar dol. And yes, I strongly blame the coach and the camp too. Shamim is also brainwashed to emulate an Aussie like innings. Arrrey tara kheltese shaat jonmer age. Kothay oder sathe tulona korena. Plz dont try to put a square one on a round one.
Old November 17, 2012, 04:37 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^^ LOL I was thinking the same too. This idiot and AAK idiot definitely took a couple of trip to the dressing room to put some of their "experience" and "wise words" to a young group of bunch w/o a headcoach.
Old November 17, 2012, 06:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

"Shakib gets most of his wickets with his arm ball"
"Shakibs arm ball"
"Shakib arm ball"
"Shakibs arm ball"
"Shakibs arm ball"
"Shakibs arm ball"

Old November 17, 2012, 06:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

I think Khaled Mahmud should replace him in the Box . Its the job of ex test cricketers . After this WI series , SN should be in the pipeline !!
Old November 17, 2012, 11:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I've grown to deal with the Tipsy Shamster because we'll be stuck with him long as he's alive. Just think of him as an act and enjoy the ride. Also, gotta love his Bradmanesque consistency when it comes to providing breakthroughs for his teams. We just need to get him to provide that service for us instead. Sadly, we don't have what it takes.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 18, 2012, 12:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
I've tried, but what does he mean by smadaring lol
Lol....i think, it's 'smothering' ! It means 'to suffocate' or 'to cover thickly'.

Smothering the spin meaning batsman plays the ball before it gets turn
Old November 18, 2012, 10:12 AM
MLC World Series I

Does Sheena watch Bangladesh play when Shamim is on air? Hmm
Old November 18, 2012, 10:37 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sakib , tamim , kallis

awesome sala , ami amar Facebook page a share korlam
Old November 19, 2012, 12:04 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Its actually annoying to listen to Shamim and AAK I mean its actually difficult to understand clearly what they're actually saying. I wish Bangladesh had their own version of Ravi Shastri or Rameez Raja or even Tony Greig.
Old November 21, 2012, 02:11 PM
Test Cricketer

I always mute those idiots. It is torture listening to these two.
Old November 21, 2012, 03:22 PM
Club Cricketer

I personally don't buy into those superstitious beliefs or so called commentators curses. It seems like a lot of fans blame him when we lose a wicket or two when he talks. Nothing but coincidence. It's quite foolish to think that it's somehow his fault. 20 wickets fall and someone is always commentating. Is it always the commentators fault that someone gets out in the field? I don't get it.

I don't hold any grudges against him. In fact I have none. I fail to see why anyone would anyway. I am not a fan of him either. To me he's just another Bangladeshi commentating like Athahar Ali. Yes they both make mistakes. AA does more than Shamim C. So what's the big deal? 16m people and only two English speaking commentators. If you think you are so good why don't you go apply for the role.

We Bangladeshi Bengalis know to whine and whine and whine. Just get over it and watch our tigers play. No one is perfect. If you think he holds some super power and can get our boys out as and when he pleases then you need to check yourself out first.

Stop behaving like a typical Bangladeshi. If you dislike him that much just mute the sound. I'd like to see you do better. Until then stop b!tching about him or Athahar for that matter.
Old November 21, 2012, 05:06 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

He was crapping his pants when Abul was on the 90s. Facepalm
Old November 21, 2012, 05:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharup
I personally don't buy into those superstitious beliefs or so called commentators curses. It seems like a lot of fans blame him when we lose a wicket or two when he talks. Nothing but coincidence. It's quite foolish to think that it's somehow his fault. 20 wickets fall and someone is always commentating. Is it always the commentators fault that someone gets out in the field? I don't get it.

I don't hold any grudges against him. In fact I have none. I fail to see why anyone would anyway. I am not a fan of him either. To me he's just another Bangladeshi commentating like Athahar Ali. Yes they both make mistakes. AA does more than Shamim C. So what's the big deal? 16m people and only two English speaking commentators. If you think you are so good why don't you go apply for the role.

We Bangladeshi Bengalis know to whine and whine and whine. Just get over it and watch our tigers play. No one is perfect. If you think he holds some super power and can get our boys out as and when he pleases then you need to check yourself out first.

Stop behaving like a typical Bangladeshi. If you dislike him that much just mute the sound. I'd like to see you do better. Until then stop b!tching about him or Athahar for that matter.
He always advice Tamim and Shakib how to play!! We should pad him up and let him face WI bouncer. We will see how good he does.
Old November 21, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by shujan
He always advice Tamim and Shakib how to play!! We should pad him up and let him face WI bouncer. We will see how good he does.
And so do we !!! We are continuously advising our national team players who are infact the best 11 we've atm to do the job !!! Amra bangalira chance pailei upodesh dei.. It's in our blood.. Sometimes we criticize them in such manner as if we would have scored 100 and taken 5er day in and day out if given the opportunity !!!
Old November 21, 2012, 05:47 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ Yeah, except you dont babble like a goat infront of mic to 1000s of people.
Old November 21, 2012, 06:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Majhe majhe eto kotha shuntey bhalo lagey na - i like the lulls in commentary which i find in sky sports. it is part of the game. he annoys me - a lot! i have to mute him so many times. over analysis i mean inane analysis needs to stop.
Old November 22, 2012, 01:00 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
Majhe majhe eto kotha shuntey bhalo lagey na - i like the lulls in commentary which i find in sky sports. it is part of the game. he annoys me - a lot! i have to mute him so many times. over analysis i mean inane analysis needs to stop.
Exactly...specially when the bowler is running in....

I can hear poor english if it comes from a non native speaker. but Shamim and Ata both are repetitive...thats annoying ... His jokes are lame .. And then talking nonsense like BD spectators are disheartened to see Gayle getting out in low scores... Very annoying when you are expecting and praying your heart out to see Gayle's wicket...
Old November 22, 2012, 01:08 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I love their commentary, all of it. Love it when they overstate the obvious, parrot clichés, and say nothing substantial or particularly insightful or interesting. I also love when one of them sounds inebriated and fails to recognize our own players out there. I love it when the other one, apparently an IBA graduate, speaks atrociously incorrect English and speaks in a contrived Indo-Pak accent.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 24, 2012, 02:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Shamim strikes
Old November 24, 2012, 03:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
And so do we !!! We are continuously advising our national team players who are infact the best 11 we've atm to do the job !!! Amra bangalira chance pailei upodesh dei.. It's in our blood.. Sometimes we criticize them in such manner as if we would have scored 100 and taken 5er day in and day out if given the opportunity !!!
One should. I'm happy we do.True fans always criticize.Some call it glory hunting, but to me it's just thought journalism.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Athar Ali Khan is the worst of the worst. It is not even funny how boring, incomprehensible, and incorrect this dude is.

Once I even remember him taking his co commentator's stat sheet, and reading from it line by line. The other dude made a joke about it, and the cameras zoomed in on them at the booth.

I think Ashraful, Mushfiqur and Athar needs to forfeit all relations with the BCB and take them sickles up and cut some rice immediately.
Old November 24, 2012, 03:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Oh, just read your poem on the first page Simon.

C'est tres superbe!
Old November 24, 2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

Is Rohan Gavaskar a Bangladeshi? what is he? he's actually alright to listen to but AAK and especially Shamim are 2 of the worst commentators I have actually listened to.