facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Mash and Tamim
Default BD Government ban ICL coverage for Dhaka Warrior

Well, I guess it would now take a miracle for the BD cricket board to overturn the ban.
Yes, i know its the government of the country that agreed to stop the tv coverage over there but others will obviously follow their lead.

This is bad news for the Indians. What goes around comes around.

http://cricket.zeenews.com/fullstory.asp?nid=14187
Old November 1, 2008, 09:31 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

In one word, "pathetic"

Shame to the propaganda ministry.
Old November 1, 2008, 09:36 AM
Administrator

I wonder under what legal authority can the government do this? Very much like trade protectionism except in this case the protection does not benefit us but a foreign entity.
Old November 2, 2008, 09:17 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I wonder under what legal authority can the government do this? Very much like trade protectionism except in this case the protection does not benefit us but a foreign entity.
I wouldn't want to see Tamim, Shakib, Mash and the young ones coming up the pipeline joining Chittagong "Hilltrackers" or Khulna "spotted deer" in near future. With the success of DW may be they will come up with another team. A 2nd ICL team that is.

It protects our interest too. T20 is no cricket. It spoils the patience needed for test. No wonder we suck in test.

There is no freedom for any body in any where in this world. The word "Freedom" should be taken out of the dictionary.
Old November 4, 2008, 07:14 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I wouldn't want to see Tamim, Shakib, Mash and the young ones coming up the pipeline joining Chittagong "Hilltrackers" or Khulna "spotted deer" in near future. With the success of DW may be they will come up with another team. A 2nd ICL team that is.

It protects our interest too. T20 is no cricket. It spoils the patience needed for test. No wonder we suck in test.

There is no freedom for any body in any where in this world. The word "Freedom" should be taken out of the dictionary.
Lohore Badshahs did very good in Last tournament, But ICL didn't go for another team from Pakistan. Pakistan has more players to offer than BD. Even the paki players playing in other ICL teams can make up another one of them. It is strategically not benefitting ICL to have more than one team from same country, rathar they would like to go for a third country. More over ICL can't make a tournament with 'N' number of teams, anything more than 12 teams will make it too lengthy to sustain. So this type of fear is just a little bit ridiculous I guess.

Whatever these guys are doing is still cricket & competitive cricket. Much better than sitting at home and hoping for a place in the national team. Could Playing cricket be more damaging than not playing?

Well they might opt to get better players to make the team stronger, that's it and I don't think taking 1/2 players every year is going to hurt much. It it hurts BCB should lift ban and allow them to play in the national team. Who stops them?
Old November 4, 2008, 09:24 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Common Sense. That's what stops BCB from doing the right thing in many of its decision making. Think about it, if they weren't in such a hurry to ban these players, things wouldn't have come to this. People who are questioning the 'patriotism' of these players would have been supporting them all the way. DW is doing more to promote BD cricket (among 20/20 viewers) than BCB ever did. The players are being ambassadors of BD cricket to the world. Calling them Gaddar/rajakar/unpatriotic at this stage would mean having your priorities in a twist.

As a BD cricket fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Well they might opt to get better players to make the team stronger, that's it and I don't think taking 1/2 players every year is going to hurt much. It it hurts BCB should lift ban and allow them to play in the national team. Who stops them?
Old November 1, 2008, 09:37 AM
Cricket Legend

I am not an ICL fan. But this is not true. I could watch in ten and zee sports the ICL match. I would applaud the govt to ban any local channel (specially the Diganto). This is for two reasons - saving money going outside the country and the other one is purely political. However I am not at all please with this so called information ministry thinks. We can not watch the ongoing Aus- Ind series as the free to air channel Super sports and neo-sports needed to be pre -approved by Govt. This is simply blatnat interference of government in our freedom of speech.
Old November 1, 2008, 09:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,Rasel,Rajjak,Rakib

sounds like bcb is linked up with the caretaker gov't.......bd ppl started to watch dhaka warrior's match.......emonki onek dhaka warrior'ser hater o lukaia lukaia match dekhtache, publicly tara bole i hate the icl and the dw, but when the match schedule comes up, they go to their computer/tv and start enjoying the match...this is very true.........nirbachon kobe hobe ei chintai achi, taile bcb'r nirbachokra r team management change hobe plus icl er jonno kichu luv hobe
Old November 1, 2008, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebest
I am not an ICL fan. But this is not true. I could watch in ten and zee sports the ICL match. I would applaud the govt to ban any local channel (specially the Diganto). This is for two reasons - saving money going outside the countryand the other one is purely political. However I am not at all please with this so called information ministry thinks. We can not watch the ongoing Aus- Ind series as the free to air channel Super sports and neo-sports needed to be pre -approved by Govt. This is simply blatnat interference of government in our freedom of speech.
Care to explain this point. If a local channel buys the rights and then starts broadcasting and making profit from ad money from Bangladeshi companies, at the end the money is staying in the country.

If they really want to stop money going to other countries, then they should just ban Grameen Phone, Banglalink etc. Who are taking away billions from our country every year.
Old November 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
Care to explain this point. If a local channel buys the rights and then starts broadcasting and making profit from ad money from Bangladeshi companies, at the end the money is staying in the country.

If they really want to stop money going to other countries, then they should just ban Grameen Phone, Banglalink etc. Who are taking away billions from our country every year.
I do not watch ICL. So I do not know which Bd companies are buying ad in 10 sports or Zee sports. But I never saw any bd ad in ten sports or zee sports when I watch other sp0rting event on those channel. So I infer that no Bd company is buying ad over there. However when Digonta TV is buying the right, they have to pay Zee for that right; thus money goes outside Bangladesh; Regarding your second issue, I hope you use teletalk - then then problem of money going to Norway or Malaysia or Egypt would not arise. BTW I have serious problem going money to India then Norway (even after massive amount of money going through GP, it is one of the few country where we have balance of Trade in our favor; at least that was the case till 2006; last time I checked). BTW you may have forgot how much money GP and Banglalink invest in Bangladesh and how much job they created in Bangladesh. GP alone created more job for Bangladeshis then all indian companies in Bangladesh combined .
BTW is not it quite ironic Digonta - a channel associated with Jamat is trying to buy product from Zee - a channel which has very soft corner for BJP and if some of my Indians friend to belive may be part of BJP. Surely Fundies are always together irrespective of Hindu, Muslim or Christians
Old November 1, 2008, 02:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I do not watch ICL. So I do not know which Bd companies are buying ad in 10 sports or Zee sports. But I never saw any bd ad in ten sports or zee sports when I watch other sp0rting event on those channel. So I infer that no Bd company is buying ad over there. However when Digonta TV is buying the right, they have to pay Zee for that right; thus money goes outside Bangladesh; Regarding your second issue, I hope you use teletalk - then then problem of money going to Norway or Malaysia or Egypt would not arise. BTW I have serious problem going money to India then Norway (even after massive amount of money going through GP, it is one of the few country where we have balance of Trade in our favor; at least that was the case till 2006; last time I checked). BTW you may have forgot how much money GP and Banglalink invest in Bangladesh and how much job they created in Bangladesh. GP alone created more job for Bangladeshis then all indian companies in Bangladesh combined .
BTW is not it quite ironic Digonta - a channel associated with Jamat is trying to buy product from Zee - a channel which has very soft corner for BJP and if some of my Indians friend to belive may be part of BJP. Surely Fundies are always together irrespective of Hindu, Muslim or Christians

Even though you have some strength in the later part of your comment in terms of logic, the first argument is simply pathetic. What will happen to Bangladesh, if other countries decide not to trade (import) anything including labour from Bangladesh to prevent money going abroad????? There could only be a campaign to promote goods and services produced by the country to be consumed in the country, but that only could be a second front. Not a primary one as you seem to suggest. Why watch India Aussie match?
Old November 1, 2008, 02:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
I am not an ICL fan. But this is not true. I could watch in ten and zee sports the ICL match. I would applaud the govt to ban any local channel (specially the Diganto). This is for two reasons - saving money going outside the country and the other one is purely political. However I am not at all please with this so called information ministry thinks. We can not watch the ongoing Aus- Ind series as the free to air channel Super sports and neo-sports needed to be pre -approved by Govt. This is simply blatnat interference of government in our freedom of speech.

Seems like your blue planet is turning black
Old November 1, 2008, 09:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Pathetic!
Old November 1, 2008, 09:59 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

So, is it possible for people in BD to watch the matches in Zee channels? From what I read, they should still be able to watch it on the traditional Indian channel. Its just that we don't have the right to distribute it locally. Right?
Old November 1, 2008, 10:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

This is stupid!
Old November 1, 2008, 10:08 AM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

আমি বেপারটা কিছুই বুঝলাম না, আচ্ছা ভাল কথা দিগন্ত খেলা দেখাবে না, কিন্তু আমরা কি টেন স্পর্টসও খেলা দেখতে পারব না?
Old November 1, 2008, 10:14 AM

I didnt realise its 1984
Old November 1, 2008, 11:21 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
I didnt realise its 1984
Its still a leap year.
Old November 1, 2008, 10:37 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Pathetic and moronic decision from the government. Cricket administrators who lobbied for this sanction are nothing but gutless bunch.

Burying the head in the sand doesn't solve any problem, but if they like to do so.. they can happily do that. However, they have no right to deny general population from their rights to watch ICL and support DW.

Last edited by Miraz; November 1, 2008 at 10:48 AM..
Old November 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: SAKIB AL HASAN

I am not understand what is this banned for?Still you can watch Icl matches on Tensports and Zsports
Old November 1, 2008, 11:50 AM
Cricket Legend

ছোটবেলায় অডিও ক্যাসেটে শোনা হানিফ সংকেতের একটা কৌতুকের অংশবিশেষ ছিল এরকমঃ

দরিদ্র গ্রামবাসীঃ চেয়ারম্যান সাব, আমার পোলারে কুত্তায় কামড়াইছে, সারাদিন ব্যথায় কানতাছে। ডাক্তারে কইছে ১৪টা ইন্দিশন দিতে হইবো। আমি গরীব মানুষ, এখন ১৪টা ইন্দিশন ক্যামনে দিই? আপনে কিছু সাহায্য না করলে তো আমার পোলা এত কস্টে মইরাই যাইবো।

চেয়ারম্যানঃ তোমার পোলা এত কস্ট পাইতাছে, আর আমি চেয়ারম্যান হইয়াও তোমারে সাহায্য করমুনা মানে? অবশ্যই সাহায্য করুম। কোন চিন্তা নাই। আমি ডাক্তাররে ডাইকা কইয়া দিমু... “আমার এলাকায় অসহায় মানুষরে ১৪টা ইন্দিশন দেয়া চলবো না। ইন্দিশন দিবো বড় জোর ৬টা, এর বেশী দিলে হাত ঠ্যাং ভাইঙ্গা দিমু, এই এলাকা থেইক্কা ভাগাই দিমু।"

আমাদের ক্রিকেটের এই সংকটের দিনে সরকার মহাশয় চেয়ারম্যান সাহেবের মতো সাহায্যের হাত এগিয়ে এসেছে!
Old November 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla

ছোটবেলায় অডিও ক্যাসেটে শোনা হানিফ সংকেতের একটা কৌতুকের অংশবিশেষ ছিল এরকমঃ

দরিদ্র গ্রামবাসীঃ চেয়ারম্যান সাব, আমার পোলারে কুত্তায় কামড়াইছে, সারাদিন ব্যথায় কানতাছে। ডাক্তারে কইছে ১৪টা ইন্দিশন দিতে হইবো। আমি গরীব মানুষ, এখন ১৪টা ইন্দিশন ক্যামনে দিই? আপনে কিছু সাহায্য না করলে তো আমার পোলা এত কস্টে মইরাই যাইবো।

চেয়ারম্যানঃ তোমার পোলা এত কস্ট পাইতাছে, আর আমি চেয়ারম্যান হইয়াও তোমারে সাহায্য করমুনা মানে? অবশ্যই সাহায্য করুম। কোন চিন্তা নাই। আমি ডাক্তাররে ডাইকা কইয়া দিমু... “আমার এলাকায় অসহায় মানুষরে ১৪টা ইন্দিশন দেয়া চলবো না। ইন্দিশন দিবো বড় জোর ৬টা, এর বেশী দিলে হাত ঠ্যাং ভাইঙ্গা দিমু, এই এলাকা থেইক্কা ভাগাই দিমু।"

আমাদের ক্রিকেটের এই সংকটের দিনে সরকার মহাশয় চেয়ারম্যান সাহেবের মতো সাহায্যের হাত এগিয়ে এসেছে!

Old November 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Its ironic to be honest.
We still can watch the matches on Ten and Zee Sports.

By the way, BTV officials go gaga when ind-pak match is on.
The whole world can go down, but the match would be on.

But when a Bangladeshi team playing, they slap a ban!
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

This is unbelievable. What has happened to BD ? We let criminals roam free in public, allow them to get out of jail and run for election and this folks want to ban cricket match videos? Nai deshe eranda gach brikkho and DW did more to enhance our cricketing stature among ICL fans worldwide (which, is still a pretty huge number) with non Bangladeshis actually ROOTING for a Bangladesh based cricket team. What has BD govt really done to improve the national team over the last 6-8 years? NOTHING.

Allow people who follow DW n tv to enjoy these matches. This was a bonehead move and they should be ashamed to bring themselves to this is a new low for a democratic country like Bangladesh.
Old November 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tehsin
This is unbelievable. What has happened to BD ? We let criminals roam free in public, allow them to get out of jail and run for election and this folks want to ban cricket match videos?
Allow people who follow DW n tv to enjoy these matches. This was a bonehead move and they should be ashamed to bring themselves to this is a new low for a democratic country like Bangladesh.
Yea we definatly need to get our priorities straight as a country.

I was also thinking how we can ban something like this, being a "democratic" country.